IGNORED

Club Vs Agent

Clevedon Red

Thanks for posting - a very interesting read - about time a club stood up to the self-serving, bullying antics of some agents and representatives...alarming how easily the player was persuaded to send a third party email from his own email account to so many stakeholders in this - players can be easily influenced and co-erced in situations like this and can become quite vulnerable to the greed of others...will be interesting to see how this pans out....

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Maybe I misunderstood but agents attitude is wrong but isn't he only forcing the club to comply with the contract?

No I don’t think so. Not quite. 

It seems that the bidding club must bid at least £35k, plus the two clubs must agree a sell on clause percentage  

The agent is threatening BW that they must accept £35k and a sell on of 20%. BW want a much higher sell on % (and it seems had previously negotiated one with Tranmere), and feel like they’re being bullied in to accepting 20%. 

Thanks OP for sharing, interesting stuff. 

3 minutes ago, City Ben said:

It seems that the bidding club must bid at least £35k, plus the two clubs must agree a sell on clause percentage  

The agent is threatening BW that they must accept £35k and a sell on of 20%. BW want a much higher sell on % (and it seems had previously negotiated one with Tranmere), and feel like they’re being bullied in to accepting 20%. 

There is of course the issue that the player doesn't seem to want to leave, according to the statement....

". But after Morgan spoke with the said club – he came and spoke to the Boreham Wood Chairman and told him he that did not want to go. Morgan stated that he wanted to stay with BWFC "

Also....what happened to the first "reputable" agent? There's some detail missing me thinks:yawn:

8 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Thanks, seems strange to include a specific fee but muddy the water with vague phrases like the club's must agree a sell on.

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Thanks, seems strange to include a specific fee but muddy the water with vague phrases like the club's must agree a sell on.

Yep it’s not the best worded contract I’ve ever seen!

It’s great for BW though as they can accept a bid of £35k but never quite agree that pesky sell on percentage... and as a result the release clause would never be triggered. Gives them a way out at any time. 

Not great for the player though - his agent didn’t negotiate it very well. No surprise BW liked him so much! 

1 hour ago, City Cat said:

There is of course the issue that the player doesn't seem to want to leave, according to the statement....

". But after Morgan spoke with the said club – he came and spoke to the Boreham Wood Chairman and told him he that did not want to go. Morgan stated that he wanted to stay with BWFC "

Also....what happened to the first "reputable" agent? There's some detail missing me thinks:yawn:

I think it may be as simple as two factors in the first part:

- Dagenham>Boreham Wood>Wimbledon. No relocation needed, stays in area in which player/family are settled - de facto more attractive

- Wimbledon are in League One. Tranmere newly promoted to league two. Chance to skip a level, and, assumedly as it’s the next level, wage differentiation is bigger.

I can quite easily see where the player would want to stay with BW when Tranmere come calling, but not when Wimbledon do.

As for the agent switch - might be as simple as agent A has correctly told him the contract clauses, which I read exactly as BW have outlined. Players then thrown a strop as his big moves in jeopardy and seeks less scrupulous agent to force the move through.

Could be way off beam but that would seem to stack.

The new agent really demonstrating all his professionalism and the art of negotiation, by threatening to open a can of worms bout BW and that the Chairman is bent, if they do not agree to what he wants.

Sounds like the sort of chap who would be ideal dealing with McAnthony at Posh - an overseas" property developer"!

Although I definitely support the club standing up to this agent who sounds like an idiot...

1. The contract doesn't sound that great. The release clause is useless.

2. The player sounds like a right handful and must surely take some responsibility for the email sent from his account.

In any case, Wimbledon have 'moved on'. And as a Wimbledon (and City!) supporter, I'm delighted.

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it may be as simple as two factors in the first part:

- Dagenham>Boreham Wood>Wimbledon. No relocation needed, stays in area in which player/family are settled - de facto more attractive

- Wimbledon are in League One. Tranmere newly promoted to league two. Chance to skip a level, and, assumedly as it’s the next level, wage differentiation is bigger.

I can quite easily see where the player would want to stay with BW when Tranmere come calling, but not when Wimbledon do.

As for the agent switch - might be as simple as agent A has correctly told him the contract clauses, which I read exactly as BW have outlined. Players then thrown a strop as his big moves in jeopardy and seeks less scrupulous agent to force the move through.

Could be way off beam but that would seem to stack.

Yup...I can see your logic:yes:

Archived