IGNORED

Wigan match rescheduled for Sky. Villa home also moved (merged)

Jerseybean

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

For once the rugby have taken priority... 

Last season I'm pretty sure we took priority for every game that was a clash... 

Guess with them being in the premier league they’ll begin to take priority.

Maybe next season we’ll be Premier league and retake the priority crown! 

Dunno if it's been covered on here but we're not the only club at all:

"The following fixtures are currently affected due to clashes with Wasps fixtures:

• Coventry City v Peterborough – Saturday 24 November 2018
  • Coventry City v Burton Albion – Saturday 9 March 2019
  • Coventry City v Bristol Rovers – Saturday 6 April 2019
  • Coventry City v Shrewsbury Town – Saturday 27 April 2019

We will update supporters further as soon as we are able to."

3 of the 4 have been moved for rugby. With one still to be confirmed.

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno if it's been covered on here but we're not the only club at all:

3 of the 4 have been moved for rugby. With one still to be confirmed.

it's wasps stadium not Coventry, there just tenets now

I quite like Friday night games as in theory, they free up the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately, they also encourage straight from work drinking on a Friday afternoon and dying in bed for the whole of Saturday so the theory doesn't always work.

I'll try not to complain about all the changes as it'll be even worse if we ever got to the PL. I don't like the thought of numerous early Sunday games.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it's wasps stadium not Coventry, there just tenets now

That makes more sense.

Always assumed the Council owned it but Wasps the more senior tenants...not that I much care about rugby but always seems wrong to me that, moving Wasps from London where they were originally from, all the way to Coventry! Ridiculous tbh.

I don't know if it's fully true but sure I read on here that there were Rugby rules that said in the event of a clash, rugby had to take precedence in the top flight- since the big push for prominence in America.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That makes more sense.

Always assumed the Council owned it but Wasps the more senior tenants...not that I much care about rugby but always seems wrong to me that, moving Wasps from somewhere in the South all the way to Coventry! Ridiculous tbh.

thats what happens when the council build you a ground and you sign a contract restricting you to ticket income only

9 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Hasn’t the Blackburn game been moved due to the Rugby?

Think they are playing Friday night live on BT Sport and with all the cables cameras etc. they use would be difficult for us to play 3pm on a Saturday.

Good point that- it might need a turnaround time of the extra day instead of merely finish 10pm or whatever, then scramble to get it fine for about 3pm on a Saturday (then knock off 1 and a half or 2 hours because they start doing pre match drills on the pitch at 1.30, 2pm- something like).

33 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Hasn’t the Blackburn game been moved due to the Rugby?

Think they are playing Friday night live on BT Sport and with all the cables cameras etc. they use would be difficult for us to play 3pm on a Saturday.

And there is that do up the downs on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

its a shared stadium,

If we had blue seats and no decoration on the interior then you would be correct, fact is the vast majority of it is plastered in city, with little on the outside for ether club,

if we ever plaster the ground in blue IE change the seating then you would be right 

My view is that in as little as three or four years Bristol Bears will play in red anyway .

7 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Villa is not live moved for the fuck1ng rugby 

Villa game has not moved because of Bristol Rugby as Bristol Rugby are scheduled to be away on the Saturday against Northampton. 

And as the Wigan game is an away fixture, how can Bristol Rugby be the cause of a fixture change. They are playing at home on the Saturday versus Harlequins. 

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Villa game has not moved because of Bristol Rugby as Bristol Rugby are scheduled to be away on the Saturday against Northampton. 

And as the Wigan game is an away fixture, how can Bristol Rugby be the cause of a fixture change. They are playing at home on the Saturday versus Harlequins. 

The Bristol rugby website says they're home...

9 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Perhaps you could ask one of your mates to marry her instead?

It's not my own wedding, it's my partners sisters.

She's a bridesmaid, so I'm hoping she won't notice me disappear for 90mins....

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

My apologies. I put the fixtures on my phone calendar manually because I don't know how to do it automatically. 

The Bristol v Northampton games is at Ashton Gate on Saturday. Hence the Villa game on Friday. I do understand how such changes can interfere with fans plans etc.

For me, I'll be at the Gate on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Anyone living in Ashton with a spare bed on Friday night? 

Get ready for more Friday and Sunday games because the Rugby Premiership require their clubs to have primacy amongst tenants, especially when there is a fixture clash. And against the wishes of many of the rugby fans who wanted games on a Sunday, which has been the case in the last 10-15 years and allowed them to go to their local amateur club to play or support on a Saturday, the "Bears" rugby coach apparently wanted their home games to be played on a Saturday afternoon. And what he says goes....

It's pain for me as I am supposed to be in Sheffield on that Friday of the Villa match & I am going to struggle to get back for 7.45 at the Gate.

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Get ready for more Friday and Sunday games because the Rugby Premiership require their clubs to have primacy amongst tenants, especially when there is a fixture clash. And against the wishes of many of the rugby fans who wanted games on a Sunday, which has been the case in the last 10-15 years and allowed them to go to their local amateur club to play or support on a Saturday, the "Bears" rugby coach apparently wanted their home games to be played on a Saturday afternoon. And what he says goes....

It's pain for me as I am supposed to be in Sheffield on that Friday of the Villa match & I am going to struggle to get back for 7.45 at the Gate.

Always used to be the case that football had priority.

Archived