IGNORED

Enough is enough!

BCFC1512

12 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Why are our games being moved for the rugby!! There are more city fans than rugby sure we can do something about this!! Absolute joke!

only the villa game has been moved for the rugby as far as i can tell, 

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Quite like a Friday night game :ph34r:

Me too. Certainly prefer that option to a Sunday early afternoon.

That said the games have fallen badly for me as far as new grounds go, Rotherham and Wigan now week nights for example. Bolton is Balloon Fiesta week end and I’m sure there are more. :no:

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Quite like a Friday night game :ph34r:

I think its a a proper lady garden getting home to Taunton after a night game though to be fair. I live South Glos and even  I won't get home until 11.30 after a night game unless I drive which defeats the object of necking down a few before the game.

26 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I think its a a proper lady garden getting home to Taunton after a night game though to be fair. I live South Glos and even  I won't get home until 11.30 after a night game unless I drive which defeats the object of necking down a few before the game.

Yes I sympathise for the non Bristol people like yourself.  

Even getting from Emersons Green to AG is painful enough.

59 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Yes I sympathise for the non Bristol people like yourself.  

Even getting from Emersons Green to AG is painful enough.

It is what it is mate. Stopped getting a SC because of it as you can't tell how many Saturdays you will get during a season.

The majority of fans will be ok with it, and so is the club. I don't moan about it but we do have a lot of support down south who this must p iss off.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

It is what it is mate. Stopped getting a SC because of it as you can't tell how many Saturdays you will get during a season.

The majority of fans will be ok with it, and so is the club. I don't moan about it but we do have a lot of support down south who this must p iss off.

Same applies to the rugby though. 

To be honest I much prefer Friday nights both for atmosphere and easier travel compared to Saturday (living outside of the city itself). Sunday would be my second choice, plus rugby combination clubs play on Saturday. Bristol Sport wanted more Saturday matches and they got them, most people I know want the traditional days.

27 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

To be honest I much prefer Friday nights both for atmosphere and easier travel compared to Saturday (living outside of the city itself). Sunday would be my second choice, plus rugby combination clubs play on Saturday. Bristol Sport wanted more Saturday matches and they got them, most people I know want the traditional days.

Quite so and you cant please everyone. Whilst it deters me buying a SC now, i'm sure that my absence won't be missed, as the "changed" dates suit others more.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Swings and roundabouts. Friday nights are great for me and many others but some will find it inconvenient.  It impacts away support to so a vit of a loser on the gate.

Deffo prefer it to 12.00 on a Sunday.

The sunday games will be utter shit for atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Rinkadink said:

Hail Eris

2 hours ago, Calculus said:

On the up side at least we'll be able to avoid the RPZ and park somewhere sensible on a Friday night.

I wonder, seriously, if this is actually part of the thinking behind not being too bothered about moving as many games as possible away from Saturday afternoons..? 

11 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

is it bristol sport?, i thought it was a league decision to suit the american market,

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/fixtures/gallagher-premiership-fixtures/ 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wonder, seriously, if this is actually part of the thinking behind not being too bothered about moving as many games as possible away from Saturday afternoons..? 

Interesting point. Don’t the club have to pay for a scheme or something if there are so many alacrity attendances in a season.

There's a few more potential fixture clashes too as yet not fully resolved or settled upon.

• Millwall- it's on the Sunday. 2nd December- Bristol at home on 1st December. Did we get the official reason why that was moved yet?

Potential clashes as yet unsettled:

• Saturday 29th December we host Rotherham- Bristol Rugby scheduled to play on 28th, 29th or 30th December v Newcastle.
  • Saturday 16th February we host Birmingham- Bristol Rugby scheduled to play on 15th, 16th or 17th February v Wasps.

That's about it (plus the Villa one and arguably the Blackburn one).

Archived