IGNORED

Paul Madeley RIP...

BS4 on Tour...

Mr Versatility. I grew up in Yorkshire (although originally from Somerset), and I saw Madeley play many times for Leeds during the Revie glory years. He was the go to player for any position, and he could excel in all of them. A mark of just how talented a footballer he was. He will be sorely missed.  

It is sad that he has died and condolences to all his family and friends. He was a very skilful and resourceful player.

My sadness though will always be tainted by his playing for that Leeds team with a Jekyll and Hyde existence, the finest football team in England at the time, but also the vilest with their cynical targeting of individual players and their love of spitting on them while they lay injured on the ground. Today, half the team would miss 6 matches. 

One of the few Leeds players that my father would praise (until Norman joined of course), I always remember his disbelief when Madeley said he didn't like football and just played for the money. I believe he and his brother had a successful DIY business after he finished.

15 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It is sad that he has died and condolences to all his family and friends. He was a very skilful and resourceful player.

My sadness though will always be tainted by his playing for that Leeds team with a Jekyll and Hyde existence, the finest football team in England at the time, but also the vilest with their cynical targeting of individual players and their love of spitting on them while they lay injured on the ground. Today, half the team would miss 6 matches. 

Why ruin an excellent post by the OP with such bitter and unnecessary twaddle?

It is remarkable and praiseworthy when football fans of all allegiances put them to one side to pay tribute to and celebrate the life of a truly wonderful footballer & a thoroughly decent man.

Sadly, the likes of Paul Madeley are no longer prevalent in the modern game.

A classy individual not to be associated with such classless rhetoric.

MOT PAUL MADELEY.

16 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think some would agree with the second bit, but timing needs attention Roy!

Archived