IGNORED

john motson transferred to talksport

Agree with Super, looking forward to his new shows

I know talkSport isn't to everyone's taste, but they have some fantastic presenters. Danny Kelly is the absolute King of sports radio, and (whisper it!), but I really enjoy Simon Jordan as well. H&J are superb, and I love the Sports Bar, especially when Cundy isn't there!

Durham & Gough = instant turn off though

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

I know talkSport isn't to everyone's taste, but they have some fantastic presenters. Danny Kelly is the absolute King of sports radio, and (whisper it!), but I really enjoy Simon Jordan as well. H&J are superb, and I love the Sports Bar, especially when Cundy isn't there!

Absolutely, Durham is arrogance personified whilst Gough  knows his cricket, as you would expect, football..............

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Durham just winds up Arsenal fans just got boring now and Gough is ok talking about cricket but nothing else. Agree on H&J and Danny Kelly very good.

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Great news for the station.

Have to admit I have the complete opposite tastes to you. I only listen during commuter times so Alan Brazil on the way in and Drive on the way home, both of which I'm a big fan off. Goughy gets on my nerves sometimes but I have to say Durham is probably my favourite TS presenter... and I absolutely cannot stand Danny Kelly!
Female pundits / analysts / commentators etc often get a bad rep in men's sport (particularly football) but I really enjoy listening to Laura Woods and Georgie Bingham's whenever they're filling in for someone else or co-presenting.

Some good special guests in my opinion are Lawrence Dallaglio, Simon Jordan (sometimes), David Ginola & Ally McCoist. Say what you like about him as a person but I valued Joey Barton's comments when he used to be on there, clearly has a great understanding of the game and I fully expect him to do well as manager at Fleetwood. 

Bad special guests: Micky Quinn.

Unfortunately don't get to listen to Jim White or H&J.

Danny Kelly is indeed good, but I've never listened to him on Talksport and never will - The adverts and accompanying tat are horrendous, you get about 20 minutes content in an hour it feels like, along with a cracking headache - would be nice if he was given something on the BBC, then it would be possible to actually listen.

Radio for 12 year olds or the brain dead. Most of them talk utter guff:blink: switched off years ago and I don't expect there's anyone on there worth listening to now - sounds like the same old junk from above though.

Not to mention it's owned by The S*n, so presumably they are probably peddling a load of shite through their news reports as well.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are the best, think Motty will be perfect for that show! I enjoy the sports bar also. 

Dont mind Alan brazils show but it’s dependant on the guest host, if it’s Ginola I can’t bare to listen to it. The best is Barton/McCoist! 

Jim White I hate. Real shame they replaced Colin Murray with him. 

Drive I don’t really listen to. Durham tries too hard to be controversial. 

I enjoy the weekend sports breakfast with Bingham and Cascarino although he’s just left for a few months to have an operation I believe! 

9 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Hawksbee and Jacobs are the best, think Motty will be perfect for that show! I enjoy the sports bar also. 

Dont mind Alan brazils show but it’s dependant on the guest host, if it’s Ginola I can’t bare to listen to it. The best is Barton/McCoist! 

Jim White I hate. Real shame they replaced Colin Murray with him. 

Drive I don’t really listen to. Durham tries too hard to be controversial. 

I enjoy the weekend sports breakfast with Bingham and Cascarino although he’s just left for a few months to have an operation I believe! 

Yes he had a brain tumour removed. Quite enjoy the pre breakfast show. Covers a lot of US sports, and as a fan of the TV programme Only Connect I like the early morning quizzes and trivia.

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I don't think they're there to turn you on.

13 hours ago, Woodsy said:

He got such a bad rep for many years for his playboy tendencies etc but Simon Jordan is absolutely facisnating on talksport. Intelligent, well spoken, knowledgable on football and offers a completely different insight to anyone else. I love it when he is on any of the shows.

H&J are brilliant, I like drive - I can understand why some people would find Durham grating on there but I don’t think anyone can argue his pre match/match day stuff is excelllent especially during the season

• Admin
15 hours ago, Gratbot said:

Goughy gets on my nerves sometimes but I have to say Durham is probably my favourite TS presenter... 

Hate to say I am a regular listener of thier show, but it's usually on in the background as I am cooking etc in the evening, it's an easy show to not have to pay too much attention to

15 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Not to mention it's owned by The S*n

Didn't realise this, is it actually owned by The Sun or do they have the same owners?

PS I thought Motty had retired, blimey that was short lived !

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to say I am a regular listener of thier show, but it's usually on in the background as I am cooking etc in the evening, it's an easy show to not have to pay too much attention to

Didn't realise this, is it actually owned by The Sun or do they have the same owners?

PS I thought Motty had retired, blimey that was short lived !

TalkShite is part of the Wireless Group which is now owned by News Corp. That was why Colin Murray resigned a while back.

4 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

He got such a bad rep for many years for his playboy tendencies etc but Simon Jordan is absolutely facisnating on talksport. Intelligent, well spoken, knowledgable on football and offers a completely different insight to anyone else. I love it when he is on any of the shows.

H&J are brilliant, I like drive - I can understand why some people would find Durham grating on there but I don’t think anyone can argue his pre match/match day stuff is excelllent especially during the season

Durham on match day's is superb, but the constant baiting of (particularly) Arsenal & Tottenham fans got old a long time ago

16 hours ago, Gratbot said:

Great news for the station.

Have to admit I have the complete opposite tastes to you. I only listen during commuter times so Alan Brazil on the way in and Drive on the way home, both of which I'm a big fan off. Goughy gets on my nerves sometimes but I have to say Durham is probably my favourite TS presenter... and I absolutely cannot stand Danny Kelly!
Female pundits / analysts / commentators etc often get a bad rep in men's sport (particularly football) but I really enjoy listening to Laura Woods and Georgie Bingham's whenever they're filling in for someone else or co-presenting.

Some good special guests in my opinion are Lawrence Dallaglio, Simon Jordan (sometimes), David Ginola & Ally McCoist. Say what you like about him as a person but I valued Joey Barton's comments when he used to be on there, clearly has a great understanding of the game and I fully expect him to do well as manager at Fleetwood. 

Bad special guests: Micky Quinn.

Unfortunately don't get to listen to Jim White or H&J.

Ugh, Georgie Bingham. Brings nothing, can't stand her

16 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Radio for 12 year olds or the brain dead. Most of them talk utter guff:blink: switched off years ago and I don't expect there's anyone on there worth listening to now - sounds like the same old junk from above though.

Not to mention it's owned by The S*n, so presumably they are probably peddling a load of shite through their news reports as well.

Maybe you should give it a try again, they do some good shows nowadays. It has certainly changed over the years

As many have said, the fact the S*n own it doesn't sit easily with me, but I prefer them to 5 Live by a long way, although they do some excellent stuff as well

• Admin
1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Maybe you should give it a try again, they do some good shows nowadays. It has certainly changed over the years

As many have said, the fact the S*n own it doesn't sit easily with me, but I prefer them to 5 Live by a long way, although they do some excellent stuff as well

Agree 100% with this @Woodsy 5 live is just too dull to try to listen to

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

People knocking Talksport, but the ONLY football alternative on radio is the BBC.

I'll stick with TS thanks...    and the H&J clips of the week are legendary.

Ha - it's superb, isn't it?

I'm not sure how we've got so far into a discussion about talkSport and not mentioned The Two Mike's. Marmite, but I think they are fantastic together

Just now, Woodsy said:

Ha - it's superb, isn't it?

I'm not sure how we've got so far into a discussion about talkSport and not mentioned The Two Mike's. Marmite, but I think they are fantastic together

The two Mikes are brilliant. The only things that does me with TS is the constant ads, but the shows are mainly good

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Totally agree, he’s got on me nerves for the last 10 years, thankfully I won’t listen to the ‘sun on the radio’, so it won’t effect me.

Funny, because I've listened to Talksport for years and years   and I can hand on heart say that i've never heard any of the presenters spouting "Sun" views., not since the departure of that vile bloke from Coventry whose name escapes me right now..

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Funny, because I've listened to Talksport for years and years   and I can hand on heart say that i've never heard any of the presenters spouting "Sun" views., not since the departure of that vile bloke from Coventry whose name escapes me right now..

John Gaunt?

Archived