IGNORED

RPZ Expansion around North Street

Kingswood Robin

These RPZ changes will clearly be a big issue this season, I'm now resigned to paying to park somewhere, I've been free street parking for years and years so I guess it's inevitably time to pay up but what I find annoying is that there are so many businesses and some school sites also in the area of North St where reserved parking spaces could perhaps be set up.

I booked a school site on line, near Wembley for the JPT.  Great experience, met by a caretaker type chap, directed me to a space, bit of banter with some Walsall fans, comfortable walk to Wembley, school gets some extra income; there is very little like that around North St.  Being extensively a residential area does not help, unlike the Madjeski say where there are business providing parking.  Perhaps something the club could promote but I'm asking too much.

As to "Park on my Drive" I booked one for Fulham game only to find someone parked in it when I arrived.  I rang the owner, they did not know the car, very apologetic etc and said they would get it towed but that did not help me.  By the time I eventually street parked elsewhere at that time I had missed part of the first half; kind of put me off that but probably just unlucky.

14 hours ago, RedRaw said:

With Rees doing his utmost to send the Arena out to Filton where only South Glos will benefit and now proposals for congestion charging https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-could-congestion-zone-idea-1822435 , I'll be surprised if anyone wants to venture anywhere near Central Bristol in the next 10 years

Limit options of travelling to Ashton gate so many drive, add congestion zone to bedminater = ££££££

18 hours ago, Jimatno9 said:

I've not been in any park and ride anywhere so this might be stupid but

At the moment i arrive at ashton gate about 1.15 for a 3pm kick off to park in an area within the RPZ - looking at the Long ashton park and ride web site it seems that the requirement is to use the park and ride so what's to stop me arriving at 1.15 as usual, paying to catch a bus to the centre (£4 return) coming straight back and then walking down to the gate. I would i think have fulfilled their contract?

It sounds too simple as somebody would have come up with the idea before but i thought i'd ask

You don't have to go to the centre, you can get off at Bower Ashton.

Doesn't work for midweek games when it closes early, or Sundays when it is shut.

So I’ve checked the council website and am I right in saying opposite the coopers frayne road I believe , and all up through Bemmie is now a no go for match day parking , however close to the stadium Raines road smith etc etc are all still ok to park on ? 

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

So I’ve checked the council website and am I right in saying opposite the coopers frayne road I believe , and all up through Bemmie is now a no go for match day parking , however close to the stadium Raines road smith etc etc are all still ok to park on ? 

That was my understanding mate, basically Duckmoor Road and all the little roads coming off of it are fair game, anything else North Street side and around is a no-go.

Archived