IGNORED

Bryan 100% going....

BCFC1512

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

"Fan runned page" :laugh:

Why did they make a fake squad number announcement? Strange thing to do.

It does feel like some bored kid has just put it together,  much like the young uns who spend the time designing potential new kits on here

47 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

like the city til i die facebook page, making up rumors so some sad person can feel special 

Is Kachina still alive? I haven't noticed Beeky post for a while

31 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm more concerned that Webster is going to take #4

It's not a shirt for a centre half, ffs. Give it to a defensive midfielder. Generally couldn't give a **** who wears what, but Flint and Fonts wearing 4 :grr:

Webster can have 3 if Bryan is off

Love how much you hate this. Hope Webster gets #4 and keeps it for a long time :laughcont:

43 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I gave you a like but I had to change it because of your last line. #3 is for a left back. 

Outrageous. 

3 doesn't bother me. It's the 4 thing that really gets me. And I'd ban 14, 23 and 32 as well

18 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Love how much you hate this. Hope Webster gets #4 and keeps it for a long time :laughcont:

Ha. God, I hope we smash your lot in the Heineken. Not for the miracle, but for this statement. Way below the belt

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Are people really this stupid? :laughcont:

We all know that it's likely Bryan will move but as yet no bids have been made despite Newcastle rumoured to be so say interested.

So why do you think people are stupid?  

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

We all know that it's likely Bryan will move but as yet no bids have been made despite Newcastle rumoured to be so say interested.

So why do you think people are stupid?  

I meant in believing that laughable photoshop of squad numbers to be remotely authentic. It looks like something a 5 year old has done in Microsoft Paint. 

8 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

We should have squad numbers assigned in alphabetical order, that'd be hilarious :D 

Argentina 1978 did just that.  Worked out well!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_FIFA_World_Cup_Final

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Argentina that did that exact thing in a World Cup (1978 maybe?). I think Ossie Ardiles was #1.

No2, Alonso. Was No1.  Fillol the keeper no5.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I'm more concerned that Webster is going to take #4

It's not a shirt for a centre half, ffs. Give it to a defensive midfielder. Generally couldn't give a **** who wears what, but Flint and Fonts wearing 4 :grr:

Webster can have 3 if Bryan is off

3 is a full back number. 

Go through all English sides when the seson has started and see how many CBs and how many CMs have #4.

12 minutes ago, TBW said:

3 is a full back number. 

Go through all English sides when the seson has started and see how many CBs and how many CMs have #4.

Not in the 70s, was always for the hard man midfielder

Don't give a rats arse about 3. 4 is my problem

59 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Are people really this stupid? :laughcont:

You've been on this forum for 5 years and need to ask that question? :)

47 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Argentina that did that exact thing in a World Cup (1978 maybe?). I think Ossie Ardiles was #1.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Argentina 1978 did just that.  Worked out well!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_FIFA_World_Cup_Final

No2, Alonso. Was No1.  Fillol the keeper no5.

Charlton Athletic did it in 93-94, Stuart Balmer wore no.1..in midfield!

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

:clap:excellent knowledge. Had forgotten about that

I think the Netherlands numbered the '74 squad alphabetically with the exception of Cruyff. In 78 they numbered the surviving members of 74 with the same numbers and everyone else had 'normal' numbers (goalkeeper Jongblooed (sp?) wore 8 again) 

Italy had an interesting one, with players allocated numbers alphabetically based on position-keepers were 1, 12, 22 (though often the actual number 1 would wear the 1 shirt, hence Zenga in 1990) defenders 2-8/9, midfielders 9/10-18 and strikers 18/19-21. Exceptions were allowed, Baggio wore 10 in 94. By 98 they had largely left this numbering policy.

Archived