IGNORED

Section 82 Displays (Link to donate in thread)

James

Afternoon all!

Well this has come around quickly, it's almost as if there's been something else to occupy our time & emotions this summer...

I hope you'll all agree that in addition to the lofty 'on pitch' highs of last season (no matter how far distant they seem now) we saw a largely improved atmosphere inside AG. That of course is something which S82 are keen to continue contributing to in the coming season...

We're meeting with the club in the next few days to put forward our plans/ideas for the new season, which we're hopeful will be as well supported/received as those from the last!

(Cap in hand time...) As I know you're all aware, such plans take a considerable amount of time and money to put in to practice, something we'll continue to put in ourselves wherever needed/possible. However (on both fronts) it's something we can always do with more of, particularly if we're to expand on the successes of last season.. I put a similar post up last year from which the response was fantastic and we hope that those of you who kindly contributed (time and/or money) saw a worthwhile return in doing so!

We’ve therefore set up another crowd funding page (link below) from which once again all donations – big or small – will be gratefully received and will go solely towards upcoming and future displays to hopefully be enjoyed by all inside AG.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section-eightytwo?utm_id=60&utm_term=evAByXwzP

In addition to this (and as some of you will already know), we've produced S82 Scarves and T-Shirts over the last few months (limited numbers remaining) which are £15 each. Again, all proceeds from which go back into the 'pot', feel free to drop me a message if you're interested in either.

S82

32 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Looks good. Date should be 1894 though as that's when the club was founded, it just became professional  in 1897. 

A debate that has long lingered within our ranks mate.. 

I think ultimately 1897 was decided on in order to marry up with the current club badge.

Not to say it wont be revisited in the future though..!

8 minutes ago, James said:

A debate that has long lingered within our ranks mate.. 

I think ultimately 1897 was decided on in order to marry up with the current club badge.

Not to say it wont be revisited in the future though..!

We should get facts like this correct, we were founded in 1894, it’s totally irrelevant when we went professional 

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

We should get facts like this correct, we were founded in 1894, it’s totally irrelevant when we went professional 

Spot on fella....as I’ve posted countless times - Birmingham City FC didn’t become Birmingham City FC until 1943 - yet their badge has their correct formation date of 1875 - why can’t we get such a basic fact correct?  

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Cheers mate....  :-)

No probs...I edited my post to talk about the example I’ve put out there loads - Birmingham City FC didn’t become Birmingham City FC until 1943 - yet their badge says they were formed in 1875 - which is correct - they recognise the full extent of their history - why don’t we?!

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No probs...I edited my post to talk about the example I’ve put out there loads - Birmingham City FC didn’t become Birmingham City FC until 1943 - yet their badge says they were formed in 1875 - which is correct - they recognise the full extent of their history - why don’t we?!

Because they ****** up the 100 year anniversary, at least I thought that was the reason? And to this day the whole club has had to toe the line that it's 1897.

I think section 82 is great and keep up the good work lads but can I remind people that this is largely self funded and that maybe a few donations would be great fully excepted by the lads running it , to that point maybe a few buckets going around next sat at the flag day up lions would help+ great place to sell scarves and t shirts COYR 

6 minutes ago, Flaxbourton Red said:

94 or 97 I don’t care. Love the effort that has gone into making these T shirts and scarves. Well done chaps!

Yep, not knocking the effort put in by so many .... but, we were formed in 1894 - it’s not even a confusing, ‘grey’ area...we were formed in 1894...

Archived