IGNORED

Section 82 Displays (Link to donate in thread)

James

1 minute ago, Flaxbourton Red said:

It’s only three years - I’m sure you’ll cope.

So you don’t care when our club was formed? As a Bristol City fan you don’t care about our history?! Our history is very important to loads of fans from all the different eras, it was what excited us, shaped us, engaged us, and made us come back week after week after week - most of the time wondering why we did it as we stood on an away terrace in the rain in the days of proper football, watching us capitulate to a late defeat....we trudged out of those hell-holes, soaked to the skin and despondent, but we came back, again and again and again....our history is vitally important and has shaped many a Bristol City fan....yet you feel you can dismiss it with “It’s only three years, I’m sure you’ll cope...” - shame on you....but I’ve coped...watching the chaps on 81 away grounds I’ve coped, it’s not been easy, it’s a pretty horrible rollercoaster at times, but I’ve coped, and thousands like me have coped....have you?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you don’t care when our club was formed? As a Bristol City fan you don’t care about our history?! Our history is very important to loads of fans from all the different eras, it was what excited us, shaped us, engaged us, and made us come back week after week after week - most of the time wondering why we did it as we stood on an away terrace in the rain in the days of proper football, watching us capitulate to a late defeat....we trudged out of those hell-holes, soaked to the skin and despondent, but we came back, again and again and again....our history is vitally important and has shaped many a Bristol City fan....yet you feel you can dismiss it with “It’s only three years, I’m sure you’ll cope...” - shame on you....but I’ve coped...watching the chaps on 81 away grounds I’ve coped, it’s not been easy, it’s a pretty horrible rollercoaster at times, but I’ve coped, and thousands like me have coped....have you?

Not that bothered if it was 1894 or 1897. I only started watching city in 1987. Three years is not really a big thing to me. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Top, top post. Out of likes but this is exactly the debate.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A fine point to argue mate, but what this is about is S82 tees & scarves. The decision was made to tie the year in with the official Club year of 1897. 

The debate is not for this thread, fair as it is. 

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Always worth donating.

My boys live standing and making a racket in there.

As I’ve said previously, I’d struggle to see the attraction if we all just sat there.

Appreciate they may enjoy it but you should allow them home for at least an hour a day 

They should really live at home and only visit AG for fun time

No wonder they make a racket

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

******* hell you're a touchy soul aren't you

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Appreciate they may enjoy it but you should allow them home for at least an hour a day 

They should really live at home and only visit AG for fun time

No wonder they make a racket

I’m afraid this is the length I’ve been forced to bob, in order to brainwash thoroughly.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Thank you for your generous contribution Bristol Sport.

Not.

I thought the guys who organise the displays wanted to be independent of the club?

You can't expect the club to shell out to a group who may decide to display banners that could be in opposition to decisions made by Bristol Sport.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought the guys who organise the displays wanted to be independent of the club?

You can't expect the club to shell out to a group who may decide to display banners that could be in opposition to decisions made by Bristol Sport.

I think what is displayed is always in a positive mood and banter and supported by Section 82 and the club

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Like that would be condoned or tolerated

Fully behind section82. , and understand they do try and work with the club . 

Whilst most of this should be fan led , if the club were to donate money /materials they shouldn’t be to proud to turn it down @Harry

so @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Would the club be willing to contribute ? 

The fans are trying to create a great positive atmosphere , with displays , flags etc. 

It’s not like they are trying to arrange a scrap with away fans !   

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Fully behind section82. , and understand they do try and work with the club . 

Whilst most of this should be fan led , if the club were to donate money /materials they shouldn’t be to proud to turn it down @Harry

so @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Would the club be willing to contribute ? 

The fans are trying to create a great positive atmosphere , with displays , flags etc. 

It’s not like they are trying to arrange a scrap with away fans !   

To be honest Kivsy, it’s not something that’s ever come up in discussion. 

We’ve always been fan-funded, initially solely through sticker sales and now through merchandise such as shirts and scarves, and also now the fundraising page (thanks to everyone who has donated by the way - truly appreciated). 

The conversation of club-funding has never crossed our minds nor has ever been discussed with or offered by the club. 

If I were to judge the mood, I’d say some of the group would be for it and some against it, but I guess we’d have to have that conversation if the situation ever arose. 

Matt Parsons is in regular contact with members of the group so perhaps that might be something that begins to arise in discussions this season. 

14 hours ago, Harry said:

To be honest Kivsy, it’s not something that’s ever come up in discussion. 

We’ve always been fan-funded, initially solely through sticker sales and now through merchandise such as shirts and scarves, and also now the fundraising page (thanks to everyone who has donated by the way - truly appreciated). 

The conversation of club-funding has never crossed our minds nor has ever been discussed with or offered by the club. 

If I were to judge the mood, I’d say some of the group would be for it and some against it, but I guess we’d have to have that conversation if the situation ever arose. 

Matt Parsons is in regular contact with members of the group so perhaps that might be something that begins to arise in discussions this season. 

Non of us outsiders shifting in have any  influence on what is displayed - neither should Bristol Sport should they contribute.

Of course Section 82 need to follow the basic standards, good faith etc, set up by the club but that goes for all fans entering the ground.

If you accept our money why can you not accept money from Bristol Sport? 

36 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Non of us outsiders shifting in have any  influence on what is displayed - neither should Bristol Sport should they contribute.

Of course Section 82 need to follow the basic standards, good faith etc, set up by the club but that goes for all fans entering the ground.

If you accept our money why can you not accept money from Bristol Sport? 

Personally can see why it's a potentially dangerous road to follow, if contributing well financially Bristol Sport will probably feel they get a sense of control over matters. And, as we saw with the Cardiff England flag shambles, that's not going to end well. As long as S82 are being sufficiently funded by the fans there's not really a need for it in my opinion. Those behind actually organising it all may well feel differently though.

Archived