IGNORED

Section 82 Displays (Link to donate in thread)

James

20 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Non of us outsiders shifting in have any  influence on what is displayed - neither should Bristol Sport should they contribute.

Of course Section 82 need to follow the basic standards, good faith etc, set up by the club but that goes for all fans entering the ground.

If you accept our money why can you not accept money from Bristol Sport? 

Hi Tommy, there isn’t a situation where “we’ve accepted your money so why not accept BS money”. 

The situation of Bristol Sport funding has never been presented in any conversation with the club and no offers have ever been turned down. 

So it’s not a case of S82 having refused club funding, it’s just not something that’s ever come up. 

If it were to come up, as I described in my response which you quoted, then I’m sure this would be given proper consideration. 

To echo @Harry's last post.

Thank you to all that have contributed - either via the crowdfunding link, through purchasing T-Shirts/Scarves (or both!) as well as the offers of help when it comes to setting up displays etc. All greatly appreciated!

We're obviously chuffed that we've hit the page 'target' (so quickly as well) but of course additional contributions would still be brilliant!

On 28/07/2018 at 12:20, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Personally can see why it's a potentially dangerous road to follow, if contributing well financially Bristol Sport will probably feel they get a sense of control over matters. And, as we saw with the Cardiff England flag shambles, that's not going to end well. As long as S82 are being sufficiently funded by the fans there's not really a need for it in my opinion. Those behind actually organising it all may well feel differently though.

But as proven they DO have control by having the final say and you have given an example, whether they contribute or not ( and it seems they haven’t). So IF money is ever offered then then Section 82 should take it, if only to cover losses made for that time.

I think the club should contribute, maybe on a like for like basis, but not have control with what’s done, but run it by for approval. Keep the lines of communication open to avoid any further misunderstanding. If the club use any images or video from this area in any promotional way they should stick a few quid in the pot methinks.

Archived