Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Rob Green to Chelsea


Recommended Posts

Announced this morning. That has to go down as one of the most strangest transfers of the summer....

Bet he can't believe his luck!

Edited by Taz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taz said:

Announced this morning. That has to go down as one of the most strangest transfers of the summer....

Bet he can't believe his luck!

Can imagine his agent calling him....

So, Mr Green, how would you like a couple of million quid for doing nothing? You won't even have to play.... Seriously. I'm not pulling your leg. Straight up. 3rd choice at Chelsea. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Taz said:

Announced this morning. That has to go down as one of the most strangest transfers of the summer....

Bet he can't believe his luck!

Bit like Richard Wright to Man City a few years back just to sit in the stands and pick up a wedge of cash.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angmering Red said:

Did the same thing at Huddersfield last season, signed 1 year contract and didnt play a game, so he must be really good at it....

I would be just as good at that and would be cheaper

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people are taking the piss, but it's actually quite clever.

It's a great opportunity for Robert Green, and Chelsea would rather have an older backup option than an academy hopeful that's not playing any games.

if anything, it's much smarter than what we've done in the past by having young keepers with potential be "understudies".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Midred said:

Another buy to loan for their portfolio?

Why on earth would they do that? The bloke's 38 years old. He's hardly going to go out on loan for a big fee, or to prove his worth and come back to Chelsea to fight for his place in his 40s.

I don't understand the confusion over this deal, or the Lee Grant one. Clubs often have veteran goalkeepers as third choice, it makes way more sense than blocking the development of a kid, or having someone in their prime get pissed off with not playing. They're experienced, cheap, third choice goalkeepers who most likely won't even kick a ball, but will be content with their role, and offer valuable experience in the dressing room and training.

 

Edit - I assume you are joking, but the point stands in response to other posts. Probably shouldn't have quoted you directly.

Edited by Coxy27
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Why on earth would they do that? The bloke's 38 years old. He's hardly going to go out on loan for a big fee, or to prove his worth and come back to Chelsea to fight for his place in his 40s.

I don't understand the confusion over this deal, or the Lee Grant one. Clubs often have veteran goalkeepers as third choice, it makes way more sense than blocking the development of a kid, or having someone in their prime get pissed off with not playing. They're experienced, cheap, third choice goalkeepers who most likely won't even kick a ball, but will be content with their role, and offer valuable experience in the dressing room and training.

 

Edit - I assume you are joking, but the point stands in response to other posts. Probably shouldn't have quoted you directly.

He's still two years younger than James was when we signed him for the number one spot here.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He's still two years younger than James was when we signed him for the number one spot here.

 

True, but hardly relevant. Rob Green isn't signing here, if he was signing for us he would probably be first choice!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Think Chelsea are in serious danger of becoming the new Arsenal, not sure Abramovich is still as interested as he was before

The lack of progress on his visa is said to have massively pissed him off. Rumours about that he will pull the plug on chelseas new ground etc

It must drive him mad that manchester City have achieved what he has always dreamed of chelsea being (football style wise).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bailey is Right said:

Up there with Lee Grant to Untied. Just teams fulfilling their homegrown quota so they can buy a foreign outfielder. And goalkeepers on the verge of retirement getting a nice little payday. 

I hadn't considered that! Good point!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...