IGNORED

Another goalie down

Ashtonwurzel

16 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

We are down to 2 goalies today as there has been another injury, don't know for sure but fairly certain it is Maenpaa. One of the youngsters in goal tomorrow night.

If true, then Max O’Leary will definitely play.

Not right to try & start the league season with him in goal but certainly the best of our young keepers.

Might force our hand in the transfer market if this is the case. 

Now we NEED a good signing on this front. Too risky to start the season with no senior keeper available. If nothing happens, and Max starts the season, he could come in, have a blinder and be the answer to our prayers. If he doesnt start well, it's going to be a lot harder to get someone in afterwards, and selling clubs will know that we are desperate, and have money available.

Never know, we could have someone lined up ready to and be announced tomorrow.....

6 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

If I remember rightly, we were 0-0 at HT, FF got injured, Max went in goal and let 2 soft goals in, please correct me if wrong, 

Just watched the highlights as I couldn't remember, harsh to blame Max for either goal imo, first one has gone through/past 4 defenders legs so badly unsighted and into the far corner, full bodied dive couldn't reach, second one players lost his marker and given a free shot 6 yards out, 4 or so players around the WBA player none of which go to him. Then played the second leg and remember him being largely impressive. 

10 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

If I remember rightly, we were 0-0 at HT, FF got injured, Max went in goal and let 2 soft goals in, please correct me if wrong, 

He did ok, neither goal was obviously his fault, (certainly not soft, one went through a ruck of players) he then played pretty well for the full 90 in the replay (we lost 1-0).

4 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

We are down to 2 goalies today as there has been another injury, don't know for sure but fairly certain it is Maenpaa. One of the youngsters in goal tomorrow night.

Might not be a bad injury but they called up a youngster to cover for today.

• Admin

Can always remember queuing outside the ground for a ticket when over the tannoy it was announced a certain young keeper called Steve Phillips would be making his debut, apart from a late hack at Kevin Phillips he did well and went on to be a decent keeper for us, any reason why max isn't ready? 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Can always remember queuing outside the ground for a ticket when over the tannoy it was announced a certain young keeper called Steve Phillips would be making his debut, apart from a late hack at Kevin Phillips he did well and went on to be a decent keeper for us, any reason why max isn't ready? 

good old flapper

Deep down, I think we were always going to promote Max O'Leary to the first team.

Our unwillingness to budge on the Zack Steffen deal, and our lack of movement elsewhere indicates that there was one man we would've gone for, and that the club don't want to pay money for someone that wasn't high on the list of replacements.

12 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Deep down, I think we were always going to promote Max O'Leary to the first team.

Our unwillingness to budge on the Zack Steffen deal, and our lack of movement elsewhere indicates that there was one man we would've gone for, and that the club don't want to pay money for someone that wasn't high on the list of replacements.

theres no point in moving of Steffen, its not our unwillingness at all, CC have told us they will not entertain selling their keeper while they are in the middle of their season

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

theres no point in moving of Steffen, its not our unwillingness at all, CC have told us they will not entertain selling their keeper while they are in the middle of their season

That's fair enough, but they do have two other keepers. One of them have experience in their league, and both are young, so it's not like they'll be left out to dry. If anything, the money would help them fix their depth or bring on a DP signing to sort their outfield issues. If your keeper is your best player, it often screams things about the rest of your team.

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thanks

But the Club don’t say that 

We evaluated an offer and decided it wasn't the right opportunity for the club at this moment," Crew sporting director and coach Gregg Berhalter told ESPN.

The closest is 

One source added that while the money was right, replacing the 23-year-old at this point in the season would have been difficult, if not impossible‘

I’m not convinced about this one as I know nothing about him and it’s biggish money (And I’m not sure he was our first choice ) but to suggest the deal is basically dead as they have told us they (the Club) won’t entertain selling him mid season is incorrect and misleading 

They may have but neither side have said this or that the deal is dead

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks

But the Club don’t say that 

We evaluated an offer and decided it wasn't the right opportunity for the club at this moment," Crew sporting director and coach Gregg Berhalter told ESPN.

The closest is 

One source added that while the money was right, replacing the 23-year-old at this point in the season would have been difficult, if not impossible‘

I’m not convinced about this one as I know nothing about him and it’s biggish money (And I’m not sure he was our first choice ) but to suggest the deal is basically dead as they have told us they (the Club) won’t entertain selling him mid season is incorrect and misleading 

They may have but neither side have said this or that the deal is dead

I only surmised it bob, its my take on that story

Archived