IGNORED

Line up vs Bournemouth

Finley_Smith10

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think 3pm Saturday games can be shown in the UK - home games I`ll be at anyway so figured QPR away would be the next available one.

Well yes if you’re actually in the UK. However, if you use some simple computer wizardry to pretend you’re not then the world, my friend, is your lobster. So a friend told me. 

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

i agree, but the 3 on 3only materialised after a shitty bit of spin on the header, which i wouldn't put down to bad defending really, we got done there with a bit of bad luck.  But your point is valid, I am not sure we have lots of pace in that defence without Bryan, making the brilliant defending a bit harder, Flint in a foot race was deceptively quick,and I think that is something we have lost more than the heading ability truth be told.

When Bryan isnt on the pitch, Kelly will be (when fit again) and he is rapid.

50 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Glad to see Eliasson play for 90 minutes and he played well.

Eisa looks a talent.

And the midfield looked more stable with Smith and Pack together, however I cannot recall much other than a few half chances and shots from the edge of the box, amongst it's other failures I don't see enough creativity in our midfield in and around the opponents box, in short we lack quality, I think goals will be a problem and not because we don't have the strikers.

Hunt had a better 2nd half, probably had a rollicking at half time and put more effort in defensively but lacks pace.

O'leary did well one great save in the first half.

As for BCTV I subscribed last year and my experience was that I only ever had any problems at all with home games, I tried telling them but nobody gave a shit, I will think long and hard and checkout the undoubted price rises before I commit.

On another positive Famara wasn't involved in any spat tonight, result.

Really. Didn’t seem slow to me, and he’s also known to be rather quick. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

When Bryan isnt on the pitch, Kelly will be (when fit again) and he is rapid.

i think the issue is through the middle, now I know Kelly's real position is through the centre, but i am not sure he is going to oust Webster, Baker or Wright, I maybe wrong, but that is the area we are missing pace imo.

31 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Pack was absolutely exceptional. What a performance that was.

One major concern is the centre halves backing off too far. If Frank was in goal he'd have told them exactly what he thought of it, but they backed off wayyyyy too far.

Lovely moment when Pack was subbed and the crowd let him know clearly how we appreciate him committing to BCFC.

Top man, Marlon and for me, an honorary "one of our own" after the kind things he said about Bristol and feeling like he belongs here.

Good luck with the season Marlon

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Lovely moment when Pack was subbed and the crowd let him know clearly how we appreciate him committing to BCFC.

Top man, Marlon and for me, an honorary "one of our own" after the kind things he said about Bristol and feeling like he belongs here.

Good luck with the season Marlon

Viva Marlon. He gets (undeserved) stick but I hope he knows how much most the fans value him. 

Very promising in my opinion, take a neutral and ask them which one the premier league team is and more would say us based on the performances. Very good performances from Pack and Eliasson, promising from Webster, O'Leary and Weimann. Eisa looks good value, Hunt should do alright for how much we paid. Goal we conceded think Baker was unlucky, was a horrible bounce which he couldn't get any power on the header. Style of play is still clear, seems like we'll be a bit more reserved in our press and then have quick bursts of intense pressure of when to press. Not overly worried of not having Diedhiou for 6 games based off the others performances. 

Watched every second of the game, and we passed it around well against a team that weren't too interested, we were;

Forest will be tougher....much tougher.

1 minute ago, dunsteral said:

I dont really understand why diedhou was involved tonight, given that he is not available for

the first 6 matches,.  I would have thought it made more sense to give Milan some game time

if he is to be considered as diedhou,s stand in (or is he?)

We still want him playing competitive football, but his ban is why he didn't start.

Enjoyed the game tonight. Unusual for a friendly, but we held our own again well against prem opposition.  Saw some good and not so good in webster and hunt.  Need to see a bit more of them to form a valid opinion.

Eliason had a decent game, but so often, his end product, i.e. crossing still looks weak.

O'leary had a decent game, but we looked a bit blunt up front.  Second half, Fam and Eisa looked a bit more spicy than snake and weimann, but its early days and they all need to be given a chance.

Did find myself missing bobby reids contributions though.

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Enjoyed the game tonight. Unusual for a friendly, but we held our own again well against prem opposition.  Saw some good and not so good in webster and hunt.  Need to see a bit more of them to form a valid opinion.

Eliason had a decent game, but so often, his end product, i.e. crossing still looks weak.

O'leary had a decent game, but we looked a bit blunt up front.  Second half, Fam and Eisa looked a bit more spicy than snake and weimann, but its early days and they all need to be given a chance.

Did find myself missing bobby reids contributions though.

I'm a bit gobsmacked. IMO he put in at least 4 superb crosses, and a few other decent ones. In fact the one for Weimann was a worldie of a ball, and the one when he cut in from the right near the end, and whipped it to the back post was superb. If Fam timed his run better, it was a tap in header from 4 yards.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Pack was absolutely exceptional. What a performance that was.

One major concern is the centre halves backing off too far. If Frank was in goal he'd have told them exactly what he thought of it, but they backed off wayyyyy too far.

He wouldnt have. He’d have been rooted to his goal line as normal dealing with his nose bleed for stepping 2 inches from it!

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I'm a bit gobsmacked. IMO he put in at least 4 superb crosses, and a few other decent ones. In fact the one for Weimann was a worldie of a ball, and the one when he cut in from the right near the end, and whipped it to the back post was superb. If Fam timed his run better, it was a tap in header from 4 yards.

To be fair he put in as many bad crosses as good crosses but still if we're planning on getting the ball out to him to put in then 3/4 excellent crosses a game? Sounds like good chances to me. 

1 hour ago, BS13Red said:

Enjoyed the game tonight, thought we played some lovely stuff at times. Eliasson has a cracking game and really think we could see the best of him this season, along with Eisa who looked sharp. Only worry is that we lack depth in the goalkeeping area obviously and at LB if JB is to go with Kelly still being apparantly injured? Does anybody know what’s going on with Adelakun as well as he hasn’t featured since the Cheltenham friendly; not sure he even went to Marbella?

Please don’t let Adelakun be this season’s ‘missing man’. He sounds really good, bloody waste if he’s just put in the cupboard for 12 months.

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Please don’t let Adelakun be this season’s ‘missing man’. He sounds really good, bloody waste if he’s just put in the cupboard for 12 months.

He's had a slight knock apparently, don't think he'll be discarded this season, more the same approach O'Dowda, Brownhill and hopefully now Eliasson have had, exposure over 12 months to then aim or impact the following season. Anything better this season is a bonus. 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looking forward to seeing how much Callum O'Dowda will add to this team. For me, it is no coincidence that our drop in form coincided with his horrible injury.

Add his defensive work infront of Hunt, well I'd have him right wing at any rate, Bryan behind Eliasson, and O'Dowda infront of Hunt makes both sides reasonably solid defensively. Saw it this evening Eliasson infront of Hunt showed a few cracks. 

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Excellent performance I thought. Promising. Looking forward to the season.

a lot to be optimistic about, we look a really balanced side that wont be hurried, I think Bournemouth and their fans will have been mighty pleased not to have lost that game we should have won comfortably and that bodes well.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:
2 hours ago, hodge said:

He's had a slight knock apparently, don't think he'll be discarded this season, more the same approach O'Dowda, Brownhill and hopefully now Eliasson have had, exposure over 12 months to then aim or impact the following season. Anything better this season is a bonus. 

Not so much a slight knock sadly according to LJ in his post match interview. He described Taylor Moore and Adelakun’s injuries as bad ones so it might be quite a wait to see either.

Archived