IGNORED

Line up vs Bournemouth

Finley_Smith10

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don't know what Eliasson has been taking in pre season but it's working, looks ten times the player he did last season

He's obviously worked hard starting to look like the player Lee always said he was. Pack also very impressive tonight.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Personally think we have played some fantastic football. As for Eliasson. Very exciting 

LJ did say recently that Eliasson had been impressing in training so no surprise to see him start and he's looked pretty good, particularly with Hunt just behind him.

That was the first preseason game I've actually watched. I'll tune in for second half where I expect several changes.

We certainly improved halfway through the half.

Eliasson looks a much more rounded player which is great to see, Paterson after a shaky start looked good but, he has obviously been given licence to wander across the midfield line and it's great when it works but it leaves Bryan badly exposed when they break.

I still believe the midfield to be overall incredibly weak and still lacking leadership, discipline and organisation, I just don't see that midfield as a competitive midfield once the season starts.

Taylor's link up play is good and Wiemann is a pest in the box.

Hunt looks good going forward but not at the races defensively yet, Webster looks calm.

Anyone else watching on an iPad and only got a matchbox-sized video?

Aside from that think it’s all pretty decent. Not expecting top quality commentary as it’s a small time operation but pretty good imo. Camera work ok too. 

All helped by a decent team performance even though we seem to overpass in the final third on occasions and a distinctly dodgy first ten minutes. Never sure about a Pato, Brownhill combination a bit lightweight for my liking. Would love a storming, attacking, powerful midfielder charging into the opponents defence at top speed. 

COYRs. 

5 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Eliasson looking the real deal! All this hype from the other friendlies seem to be accurate. 

Too many fans got impatient with him or alternatively complained that LJ wasn't picking him.

He needed time to adjust and learn but his attitude was good and we may be about to see the results of his and LJ's patience.

Pretty certain to start against Forest.

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Personally think we have played some fantastic football. As for Eliasson. Very exciting 

8 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Really pleased with how we're playing, nice to see us keeping to the press, standouts for me are Patterson, Pack and Eliasson, Webster also looks very composed at the back. 

6 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Some excellant possession football - Eliasson, Pato, Brownhill and Pack have been impressive. Great movement by Matty T also - just the final ball, cross letting us down at times.

I agree with you guys, started watching 17 minutes in and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of our football at this stage of the season. It's not just the interchange but the angle that all our midfield players are using, but the final ball has to be a better quality. I am finally seeing what Johnson mean about Eliasson's "quick feet", it might be the white boots, but they are a blur at times. 

No problems with the stream, other than the weird changes in brightness between cameras, there must be a way of calibrating them better? Not listening to the commentary as I am sat with other people who are watching something else.

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Aside from that think it’s all pretty decent. Not expecting top quality commentary as it’s a small time operation but pretty good imo. Camera work ok too. 

All held by a decent team performance even though we seem to overpass in the final third on occasions and a distinctly dodgy first ten minutes.

COYRs. 

Click the expand button.

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

All held by a decent team performance even though we seem to overpass in the final third on occasions and a distinctly dodgy first ten minutes.

COYRs. 

In that window , in bottom right corner you should see two little diagonal arrows facing each other

Clicking on that should give you full screen

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

COYRs. 

Watching on a tablet, turned the screen horizontally and then pressed the two arrows at bottom of pic to expand the screen. Now taking up whole screen.

Weimann is going to be a Liam Robinson Mark 2 I think, I know he has scored tonight, but I think he is going to be all endevour and few goals, not that this is a bad thing if other as are scoring around him.  he certainly won't give the back line a minutes peace

Eliasson is looking the type of player we saw in fits and starts. There is a player there who certainly can deliver a cross, I think by luck or good management he has been bought along correctly,as he looked like the pace of the game was his problem rather than his ability.  I think we have a very good player there.

If we start this line up I think the front 2 are too similar, if one starts scoring and keeps scoring great, but just too similar for my liking.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

There is no way we would look so free flowing with our best striker available, which is a strange problem to have. Drop our best striker for better movement and pressing? I guess these first 6 games will determine whether he gets back in.

Sure will.All the better movement and pressing don’t count for nowt if you can’t put the ball in the back of the net

5 minutes ago, city123456 said:

I can't get stream to work, any ideas, just shows adverts to kits and the score now and again ?

That’s because it was HT. Just kicking off again now and is working

Archived