IGNORED

Atyeo Allocation Slashed

BessexRED

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

We've stopped giving the whole Atyeo to away fans it seems - Forest received a full allocation of 2,700.

Happy with that, no need to hand out an advantage to away sides.

We only gave out that last season, unless a big side came to town,

theres no point printing 4000 ticket if 1200 only buy them

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It was there as an option if they could sell it is the point, we haven't given it to Forest so it looks like we won't be giving it to Leeds, West Brom, Villa etc.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

We've stopped giving the whole Atyeo to away fans it seems - Forest received a full allocation of 2,700.

As long as we don't on the pitch.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @phantom

The club are required to give a minimum of 10% of total stadium capacity to the away team for each match and there is no set  maximum number, so the allocation is determined on a match by match basis. 

Matt

Thank you for the reply - seems odd that the club wouldn't snap the hands off Forest fans and take the extra ££, I could understand if the area was utilised by home fans, but seems odd to just have an empty space

46 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Exactly, but surely Forest would sell many more, their first allocation only went on sale to "away club members" 

Personally I would rather give away teams the whole away end , take their money from them , it adds to our coffers and makes for a better atmosphere .

to me it seems childish to say it will give them an advantage because they  might sing louder than us   ! 

If that’s the case join in with section82. And get behind the lads and create a fortress at the gate.  

Some of the best home City atmospheres I've ever experienced have been when there are large away followings. I think it is foolish to turn away paying customers of the likes of Forest, West Brom, Villa etc can sell 4000 tickets. Different if we can be certain that City fans will snap up 24000.

Got mixed views on this tbh.

The money of a full away end is of course welcome.

Don't think it looks great on TV either seeing a third of a stand empty.

Plus of course as  others said, some big away followings can help to spark a bigger home atmosphere- a response basically!

On the other hand, home advantages and all that- genuinely think putting 1,000 City fans in the Atyeo helped v United.

Playing towards your own fans whichever way you're playing surely gives a boost, probably helped v Man City too even though we lost... Perhaps we should have done it v Wolves? Because a big, noisy away following can help you over the line.

To just leave them empty would seem a big waste though.

15 hours ago, screech said:

We should be giving them the whole Atyeo if they can fill it.

Don't remember seeing the statement where it says we are in such a good financial position we can afford to turn away paying fans.

Owner worth £1.5bn?

I'll never forget that Wolves game last season, shocking decision to give them the whole Atyeo for such a big game. Hope we limit all teams to 2,700 this season.

22 hours ago, BessexRED said:

If they can fill it and we have seats why not let em have it .  Money is money 

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Owner worth £1.5bn?

I'll never forget that Wolves game last season, shocking decision to give them the whole Atyeo for such a big game. Hope we limit all teams to 2,700 this season.

Doesn't matter what he is worth in regards to the clubs finances when you have FFP.  Money through the door is the only thing that counts and we shouldn't turn it down. The Wolves game was lost by crap decision making on the field of play by our own players, they lost their discipline and were punished by the best team in the Championship. 

How many are left in home areas for Forest? 

Last time I looked upper Lansdown (non family areas) were open and whilst not all seats may have been released for sale, could it be possible with a week to go that the club think we may get near to selling them all and we need to open the Atyeo for home fans and those who need more than just the odd ticket, as that is what tends to get left in the Dolman?

I’d rather dissapoint away fans than our own who may get caught up in first game optimism this week, especially if ticket sales are already going well.

55 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Owner worth £1.5bn?

Spot on. And Cardiff drowned us for much of the game.

On 27/07/2018 at 14:15, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @phantom

The club are required to give a minimum of 10% of total stadium capacity to the away team for each match and there is no set  maximum number, so the allocation is determined on a match by match basis. 

Matt

19 minutes ago, edada said:

But that doesn’t seem to be reciprocated. IIRC we didn’t get ten per cent at villa, Cardiff or qpr last year.

I think it can be reduced if the home club`s SAG and plod consider it a safety risk which is what happened in these two cases IIRC -complete load of bollocks mind but that`s what they claimed.

Archived