IGNORED

Jon Lansdown vs Bath Rugby

Meh

This has been going on all week from a previous Barf post that the teddies replied to about their ground, to which they were referred to as 'squatting at Ashton Gate', or words to that effect

Now, I hate Barf as much as the next person, but found it all a little silly, to be honest. As much as we might not like it, but the Glos, Bristol and other lots players are all good mates - they are probably cringing at it

5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

This has been going on all week from a previous Barf post that the teddies replied to about their ground, to which they were referred to as 'squatting at Ashton Gate', or words to that effect

Now, I hate Barf as much as the next person, but found it all a little silly, to be honest. As much as we might not like it, but the Glos, Bristol and other lots players are all good mates - they are probably cringing at it

I think you will find quite a few City fans support 'Barf for egg chasing

Seems to be in line with the Bears current twitter style - lots of banter which, ahead of the Prem season, could hugely backfire if we go straight back down. Seems to be attracting the same kind of attention in rugby circles as our goal gifs did last year. It’s certainly encouraging a lot more engagement on the socials though. 

29 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Glory hunters 

why? Born in Bath, brought up in Bath, City, Somerset Cricket and Bath Rugby!! Not much glory hunting there. As for the "build a stand" slice of wit, Bath Rugby have had the mother of all frustrations in building a new ground...City have had a few with the dog walkers, but Bath Rugby have been trying for far longer. (since 1993) I'd have hoped Jon Lansdown would have had more class and knowledge. Seemingly not. 

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

why? Born in Bath, brought up in Bath, City, Somerset Cricket and Bath Rugby!! Not much glory hunting there. As for the "build a stand" slice of wit, Bath Rugby have had the mother of all frustrations in building a new ground...City have had a few with the dog walkers, but Bath Rugby have been trying for far longer. (since 1993) I'd have hoped Jon Lansdown would have had more class and knowledge. Seemingly not. 

Bath city fans would class you as a glory hunter.

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Imagine that born in bath,brought up in bath but don’t support bath city,who said loyalty was dead.

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Imagine that born in bath,brought up in bath but don’t support bath city,who said loyalty was dead.

So now I'm a glory hunter for being a Bristol City fan... along with several other Bathonians no doubt. ******* hell that takes the biscuit. So by your logic only people coming from South Bristol are entitled to be Bristol City fans? 

I grew up in South Bristol and my choices were Bristol City, Bristol Rugby and Somerset Cricket even though I have parents who started life in North Bristol so are more Rovers and Glos Cricket.

In short you can be pushed a bit in to what others think is right but ultimately you find your own teams irrespective.

2 hours ago, SimonR said:

The real question is why so many barf fans are such dicks. I dont follow rugby at all, never got that bug. But I do look out for their results and cross my fingers that they lose.

Always been the same with me that.. self entitlement I think it is, also Bath is a very middle class/upper class City which attracts that sort of folk, they are the type to put their noses up at Football 

Archived