IGNORED

Jon Lansdown vs Bath Rugby

Meh

15 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

why? Born in Bath, brought up in Bath, City, Somerset Cricket and Bath Rugby!! Not much glory hunting there. As for the "build a stand" slice of wit, Bath Rugby have had the mother of all frustrations in building a new ground...City have had a few with the dog walkers, but Bath Rugby have been trying for far longer. (since 1993) I'd have hoped Jon Lansdown would have had more class and knowledge. Seemingly not. 

Kin ell, lighten up a bit, its just banter! Obviously its ok for Bath RFC to extract the urine but we're not allowed to come back at them?!! 

12 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Kin ell, lighten up a bit, its just banter! Obviously its ok for Bath RFC to extract the urine but we're not allowed to come back at them?!! 

Technically we had them on toast, only took three days for Barf to make this weak comeback we see in OP.

This is what started it;

Bristol Bears (@BristolBears) Tweeted:
Where’s your, erm, where’s your stadium gone, lads? ? https://t.co/XuafQ1D0FA

?

22 hours ago, One BCFC said:

Always been the same with me that.. self entitlement I think it is, also Bath is a very middle class/upper class City which attracts that sort of folk, they are the type to put their noses up at Football 

When I used to play against Coombe Down Walcot Oldfield and Culverhaysians I found everybody to be anything but middle class.

To put things into perspective Bath was the inferior rugby club for all of its history until the mid 80's and since then they have been pretty much top dogs in the area. They are jealous and fearful of Bristol actually getting it right so any opportunity to have a dig at the noisy neighbour won't be turned down.

Calling us Bears is a heaven sent opportunity, to take the piss but the fact is they operate out of a shithole and could have done something about it years ago if it had really wanted to so on this occasion I say fair play to JL for sticking it to them..

19 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

When I used to play against Coombe Down Walcot Oldfield and Culverhaysians I found everybody to be anything but middle class.

To put things into perspective Bath was the inferior rugby club for all of its history until the mid 80's and since then they have been pretty much top dogs in the area. They are jealous and fearful of Bristol actually getting it right so any opportunity to have a dig at the noisy neighbour won't be turned down.

Calling us Bears is a heaven sent opportunity, to take the piss but the fact is they operate out of a shithole and could have done something about it years ago if it had really wanted to so on this occasion I say fair play to JL for sticking it to them..

With regards to the ‘shithole’ comment

Tbf the Rec is probably one of the best, most picturesque places to watch and play rugby in Britain. You pretty much hear that said every time they are live on tv

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Tbf the Rec is probably one of the best, most picturesque places to watch and play rugby in Britain. You pretty much hear that said every time they are live on tv

But only when it's not raining hard. And how for to the nearest portaloo? 

55 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

But the Bath Rugby fan base does seem to include a disproportionately high number of snobbish 'hooray' types, who look down their noses at football fans in general and at Bristol. This despite the fact that Bristol's posh, elegant and wealthy areas are bigger than the whole of Bath (including its shithole bits).

So f'k em. 

15 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

But the Bath Rugby fan base does seem to include a disproportionately high number of snobbish 'hooray' types, who look down their noses at football fans in general and at Bristol. This despite the fact that Bristol's posh, elegant and wealthy areas are bigger than the whole of Bath (including its shithole bits).

So f'k em. 

Couldn't have said it better meself!! Snobby ****ts most of em!!

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

The ground is undoubtedly in one of the best locations in the UK, but in my opinion the Rec itself is a shithole . Temporary stands hospitaility in tents and restricted views in permanent structures. They should tie up with the University and build at Claverton because the Nimby's will never see the cricket ground go.

37 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

So f'k em. 

When I lived in Frome and travelled to/from City and Bris games by train, whenever Barff fans got on, they showed a distinct lack of humour and did not seem to understand banter at all. Probably because they only watch Barff because they've been successful over the last twenty odd years but not brought up from childhood as supporters like most Bristle Rugby and City! It's in our bloodstream so we can't swap over at the hint of a good season elsewhere!

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

When I lived in Frome and travelled to/from City and Bris games by train, whenever Barff fans got on, they showed a distinct lack of humour and did not seem to understand banter at all. Probably because they only watch Barff because they've been successful over the last twenty odd years but not brought up from childhood as supporters like most Bristle Rugby and City! It's in our bloodstream so we can't swap over at the hint of a good season elsewhere!

They certainly picked up thousands of glory hunters including mates of mine who are Bristolian but to be fair they were a special outfit under Rowell weren't they so for the uncommitted they were an obvious choice..

4 hours ago, Club and Country said:

It’s in a nice location, however the facilities there are woeful. Getting in there is a long and tedious process. Add in the the fact 50% of it is made up of temporary stands does indeed make the ‘shithole’ comment valid. 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Yeah been on the same train back to Trowbridge.. they certainly are a weird bunch

Archived