IGNORED

Max O’Leary

GrahamC

Well, he passed the audition!

Michelle Owen has just Tweeted that LJ has confirmed tonight he will no longer be going out on loan.

Guess this means one new keeper in next week, Mäenpää is on his way and when Frankie is back he’ll be competing with the new guy and Max for two slots.

Well done Max.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Well, he passed the audition!

Michelle Owen has just Tweeted that LJ has confirmed tonight he will no longer be going out on loan.

Guess this means one new keeper in next week, Mäenpää is on his way and when Frankie is back he’ll be competing with the new guy and Max for two slots.

Well done Max.

You lost me at "Michelle Own has just tweeted"

Well done Max. Pleased for him - and for City!

Thought he looked really good, wanted to play out whenever possible, variation of kicks and throws. 2 dodgy kicks I remember but both with explainable reasons for them. Would have no problem with him playing next weekend. 

Thought he looked comfortable with the ball at his feet, but felt he looked a bit out of his depth in goal. Great first half save but should of done better with Bournemouth’s goal. Think if he was to take 8-10 shots on target it could result in a fair few goals being shipped. think he could easily become number one but not sure he’s ready for the championship just yet 

Their goal was lashed in after a poor defensive header. I'm not sure i'd blame the keeper for that one unless we are really nitpicking. Thought he looked decent and confident. certainly didn't look like the panicky type.

PS did it take the slightest nick off Bakes too?

I would feel reasonably comfortable with Max in goal v forest based on what i saw tonight.  He needs a few games to either prove himsrlf or flop. Personally, I think he will be OK.

Would probably be better as a number 2 for a season and hopefully play in a few cup games to increase confidence and limit any pressure on him.

The problem with keepers is that any mistakes are magnified as they usually result in conceding.

1 hour ago, Bristols finest said:

Thought he looked comfortable with the ball at his feet, but felt he looked a bit out of his depth in goal. Great first half save but should of done better with Bournemouth’s goal. Think if he was to take 8-10 shots on target it could result in a fair few goals being shipped. think he could easily become number one but not sure he’s ready for the championship just yet 

It did take a slight deviation off a City foot. I thought his positioning as the shot was made, was a few inches to the right of where he should have been. But the slight deviation, the pace of the shot and also I think he may have been unsighted until after the nick altered the direction, meant he was unable to save it. 

He did shovel one away before their goal which stopped a certain goal. Distribution was generally good. I'd be OK with him if we did start the season with Max in goal. 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It did take a slight deviation off a City foot. I thought his positioning as the shot was made, was a few inches to the right of where he should have been. But the slight deviation, the pace of the shot and also I think he may have been unsighted until after the nick altered the direction, meant he was unable to save it. 

He did shovel one away before their goal which stopped a certain goal. Distribution was generally good. I'd be OK with him if we did start the season with Max in goal. 

Thought overall he looks like a good keeper. First time I've seen him. Maybe his angles and depth from the line could of been better for the goal, but it's easy to criticise from the stand. Overall he'll do for me...?

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Their goal was lashed in after a poor defensive header. I'm not sure i'd blame the keeper for that one unless we are really nitpicking.

This is OTIB - nitpicking is our middle name!

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fielding could be out for 12 weeks I have just seen.

Parted the hip flexor, an extremely frustrating injury. He could probably keep on playing but the hip flexor gets highly inflamed. He'll have to train his hip-flexors post injury  regularly in order to keep the injury at bay. 

I would hope we would still be pushing for a No1. Very promising but possibly a step too far too soon. Depends what we want from the season,  I think while he may be our first choice in the future we need an experienced keeper to start the season.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

I know I get a lot of  stick   on here and i am expecting more after this. I think max looks a real quality  keeper but am I alone  in thinking he should have done a bit better for the goal last night. if fielding had let that in he would have been hammered on here.

We do tend to overreact on here but it is a big part of Max’s learning now. All players are on social media so he will see things like this. You’d probably expect a championship keeper to get a strong hand to that but now he will see 25 comments saying it. Hopefully it drives him to get better and I am sure it will. I think he can be a good keeper for us.

Would try to get him a league one loan if I could though. Think it would be better for him to get that league experience below champ first. I know we don’t have any keepers but Plymouth lost a keeper to injury this week. Will be back around November so why not Max there until Jan? Tough call

52 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Parted the hip flexor, an extremely frustrating injury. He could probably keep on playing but the hip flexor gets highly inflamed. He'll have to train his hip-flexors post injury  regularly in order to keep the injury at bay. 

So it could be an injury we have to manage long term? Not good news for Frankie or us in that case. 

11 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Shot was deflected.

Didn't really have a chance.

Agreed. Watched on tele and although it was close to him I think not enough credit goes to the sheer class of the strike - absolutely flew in and I would not have expected any keeper to have got down in time to that with their hands.

The only chance to save would have been basically doing a crazy legs splits and getting a lucky deflection on it.

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

So it could be an injury we have to manage long term? Not good news for Frankie or us in that case. 

Correct. Depends how much time Frank spends training his hip flexors, and surrounding glute muscles. Along with post recovery stretching the muscles.

It may have an effect on his kicking ability going forward. The club will need to be on the ball with this to ensure it does not become a long term injury for Frank.

It is the same scenario with Duric. When he was injured last year the club made a statement he would be back in October I believe? Which I stated straight away will not happen. Which it didn’t. The return time predicted was awful mistake that should of been avoided. 

The medical team need to ensure that players with these types of injuries follow a strict training plan by working these muscles regulary. Ensuring there is no relapse.

Max will need time to prepare so I recon he will start , it would have a negative effect to tell him last minute we’re bringing in a loan and your not starting .... 

we will get a keeper but I can’t see us signing anyone of great stature to command a starting place straight away , would be delighted to be proved wrong though 

13 hours ago, downendcity said:

This is OTIB - nitpicking is our middle name!

Since Basso can't think of a keeper that's gained approval on here, and quite a few complained about Basso's mistakes. There isn't a keeper on the planet that hasn't made a mistake, even De Gea as shown in the World Cup. Frankie has been a great servant and we still haven't found a better replacement!

Archived