IGNORED

3 to go down.

Ashtonwurzel

4 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

Would agree about Brentford - much too strong. They might even make the playoffs. Bolton, Rotherham and maybe Ipswich for me..

Much interest in Dean Smiths services from elsewhere. If he goes they will be in big trouble. IMO.

Although I don’t think Brentford will go down, they’ve lost some quality in John Egan, Josefzoon & Dalsgaard. Add in that Lasse Vibe went in January and without major incomings, the squad looks thinner. Not relegation candidates IMO but mid table.

As for the others, Bolton definitely look vulnerable. Rotherham probably don’t have the quality for this level and Ipswich look in real danger - when your big signing is Ellis Harrison, you’re not really looking at denting the higher reaches of the division.

They’d be my three. QPR in the frame as well, and also can see Reading & Wigan struggling but just about having enough

24 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Brentford

Reading

QPR

Brentford????? Really? Absolutely played us off the park at home last season. By far and away the most dominant display I have ever seen from an away side at Ashton gate in many years, just couldn’t find the back of the net.

Would have them as an outside bet for the playoffs

Can't see beyond the usual candidates:

Rotherham, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, QPR, Reading 

Blackburn get results under Mowbray and Wigan think they have a great manager. Reading meh they'll probably have enough.

QPR fans are surprisingly optimistic for the season but I think them Rotherham and Bolton for the drop.

Reading have two strikers since Kermorgant retired.

One struggled for goals last season, the other is a 27 year old who failed to break through into League One with Sheffeld Utd - but finished as League 2 top scorer with Coventry last season.

Add to that they've signed Meyler and O'Shea (I'd thought he'd honestly retired following Sunderland).

They're my nailed on favourite for relegation failing major incomings, due how they finished last season.

I'd go for Reading, Ipswich, and Bolton - QPR being my outside choice. None of the promoted teams will go down, they have the experience from their last campaigns at this level.

12 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Would be delighted with that, but cannot see it, unfortunately (in Swansea's and Blackburn's cases, anyway).

Wouldn't be surprised by Swansea, very little activity of players coming in and it looks like Clucas and Mawson at least will be leaving, probably Jordan Ayew at least and maybe Fernandez.

Archived