IGNORED

Starting XI versus Forest (Merged)

Wolf Island

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Adelakun, Watkins and O'Dowda all injured, as said I believe Brownhill right mid is better than Pato left mid, also allows Eliasson on his left foot without cutting back.

Not sure Watkins is injured, reported he missed out on Friday because he was rested due to concussion.

Be very surprised if he wasn’t in contention at least for the bench 8 days later.

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

What is your preferred starting XI for the forest match? Mine would be

O’Leary; Pisano, Webster, Wright, Pring; Smith, Pack, Eliasson, Walsh; Eisa, Weimann 

Until the injury situation improves we will struggle to pick up points I fear.

Pisano..?! Are you ******* mental...?!! 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Not sure Watkins is injured, reported he missed out on Friday because he was rested due to concussion.

Be very surprised if he wasn’t in contention at least for the bench 8 days later.

Well concussion comes under injury, depends on the severity, medical staff would be slated if they let him anywhere near a match day if he weren't 100%, concussions can keep players out for weeks if they're bad.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What part is concerning?

Quite a lot actually. Our potential goalkeeping issue unless we sign someone before Saturday, or O'Leary is calm and plays like a seasoned professional. Our current midfield pair, again we do not strengthen our most weakened area. Too many times opposition in the past opposition have ran through unchecked and unchallenged. Giving the view it is our defence that has issues.

Another concern of mine is we do not seem to have real quality attacking power. Diedhiou is banned, and we do not know what will come with Eisa. I'm not convinced we have improved from last season but merely side stepped.

However, this is all team on paper talk. So hopefully I am proved wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Your preferred 11 would put Pring ahead of Bryan, Pisano ahead of Hunt and Walsh presumably out wide?

Why don’t you put your head above the parapet and name your own team rather than picking holes? Be gone foul troll.

48 minutes ago, Cider red said:

LINEUP111532887128186.png

That is my guess at Saturdays lineup. But Weiman will be up top imo. Bench of O’leary, Pisano, Taylor, Brownhill, Djuric, Adelukan?, Wright. What has struck me from trying to pick the line up is how short we are at centre half now that we have lost the multitasking of Magnússon. COYR 

44 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Why don’t you put your head above the parapet and name your own team rather than picking holes? Be gone foul troll.

O’Leary, Hunt, Webster, Baker, Bryan Eliasson, Smith, Pack, Paterson, Eisa, Weimann 

3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Weimann hasn't been a striker for years and isn't much of a goalscorer.

With that in mind I'd go:

O'Leary, Hunt, Webster, Baker, Bryan/Kelly/Wright; Smith, Pack; Weimann, Paterson, Eliasson; Eisa.

Didn't get down to the game on Friday and haven't seen much of Eisa beyond his goalscoring record so if he doesn't suit a 4-2-3-1 Taylor could do a decent job.

I think weimman will be more of a goal scorer here than at derby. For one, he’ll get more chances in the position we’re playing him. 

Plus off the limited amount I’ve seen of him, he’s got the energy to play that high pressure game, which gave Reid 5-6 of his goals at least, just from forcing defences into mistakes.

13 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

I think weimman will be more of a goal scorer here than at derby. For one, he’ll get more chances in the position we’re playing him. 

Plus off the limited amount I’ve seen of him, he’s got the energy to play that high pressure game, which gave Reid 5-6 of his goals at least, just from forcing defences into mistakes.

Think Weimann will be fine. He has talked about playing in his favoured position and you can’t discount what that can bring to someone’s mindset. Look at the goal the other night. Right place at the right time. Also you mention the pressing which I think suits him. BR had bits of his game which we will all miss like his touches and turns in tight spaces but Weimann should add the press just as effective plus I think he will(barring injury) notch around 12 goals as a modest estimate. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think Weimann will be fine. He has talked about playing in his favoured position and you can’t discount what that can bring to someone’s mindset. Look at the goal the other night. Right place at the right time. Also you mention the pressing which I think suits him. BR had bits of his game which we will all miss like his touches and turns in tight spaces but Weimann should add the press just as effective plus I think he will(barring injury) notch around 12 goals as a modest estimate. 

This. He`s been played out of position at Derby and was still picked most weeks in a successful side so he must have something about him. He was never going to get in ahead of Vydra so it looks like the manager wanted him in their side for other reasons. I`m looking forward to seeing him play in his favoured position.

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

This. He`s been played out of position at Derby and was still picked most weeks in a successful side so he must have something about him. He was never going to get in ahead of Vydra so it looks like the manager wanted him in their side for other reasons. I`m looking forward to seeing him play in his favoured position.

Me too. Derby didn’t quite work but wasn’t a disaster. He can come good. 

1 hour ago, Edge1981 said:

O’Leary, Hunt, Webster, Baker, Bryan Eliasson, Smith, Pack, Paterson, Eisa, Weimann 

Good selection. Personally I think Bryan will be gone by next weekend sadly. I can see why you’d go for Paterson but I’m worried that he went awol for the second half of last season. 

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Good selection. Personally I think Bryan will be gone by next weekend sadly. I can see why you’d go for Paterson but I’m worried that he went awol for the second half of last season. 

Looks quite sharp in preseason. Just think he may be someone we need to monitor over the season. Think he burnt out last season(plus the virus he had). Think when everyone fully fit he may find himself more of a really good impact sub. Will get starts too but not sure he can play 60-90 min for 46 matches

Still hard for me to fathom how many people don’t have Brownhill in the team or not centrally. Though if we are going to change based on matchup it would not surprise me to see Pack and Smith play against Forest as it is in my eyes our more defensive pairing and Forest look strong on paper. 

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

No way will Eisa start on Saturday. You should all start getting over it now

Exactly, i'll be staggered if he starts, amazed soo many think he will, (bar keeper if one signs)  I agree it will probably be Fridays 1st half team maybe a decision on Pato in a number 10 or Taylor up front the only query.

5 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

What is your preferred starting XI for the forest match? Mine would be

O’Leary; Pisano, Webster, Wright, Pring; Smith, Pack, Eliasson, Walsh; Eisa, Weimann 

Until the injury situation improves we will struggle to pick up points I fear.

Yes I Think Lee will start with Eleven but will we end with Eleven?

Archived