IGNORED

EFL on Sky via the Red Button (Merged)

WOTRED

Info from Sky on coverage of the EFL this coming season:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-follow-championship-league-one-and-league-two-in-201819

Under "Full midweek Championship rounds live" it says that on Tuesday and Wednesday nights you can press the red button and watch live coverage of any match being played. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Will certainly hit midweek attendances. 

Yeap. Midweek games are getting increasingly difficult, especially with the club implementing that 'small bag only' policy after the Manchester attack.

Can't leave my laptop in my car, so I generally need to try and manage my diary so I can work from home for midweek games, which then means battling with traffic to get there.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

£32 per month though....resisted Sky Sports until now.  Buy it for one week a month on average on NOW Tv so only £11 per month spent.  But then that doesnt get access to this red button.....

I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of getting it.

Just a thought... any idea if pubs are able to use red button services under the terms of their contract?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of getting it.

Just wondering... any idea if pubs are able to use red button services under the terms of their contract?

good question, I've no idea as most of my locals haven't got sky due to the stupid prices they charge each month for publicans 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

£32 per month though....resisted Sky Sports until now.  Buy it for one week a month on average on NOW Tv so only £11 per month spent.  But then that doesnt get access to this red button.....

Went to see Somerset at the Oval on Friday and paid £32 for 16.4 overs of cricket.

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If you have sky sports already is this an additional charge ?

Wow! Didn't see that coming.

So LIVE via the RED Button for this lot then?

Tuesday, August 21st 2018
7:45PM Queens Park Rangers (A)

Tuesday, September 18th 2018
7:45PM West Bromwich Albion (A)

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018
7:45PM Rotherham United (A)

Wednesday, October 24th 2018
7:45PM Hull City (H)

Wednesday, November 28th 2018
7:45PM Ipswich Town (A)

Wednesday, February 13th 2019
7:45PM Queens Park Rangers (H) 

Tuesday, March 12th 2019
7:45PM Ipswich Town (H)

Tuesday, April 9th 2019
7:45PM West Bromwich Albion (H)

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is good news, would rather I could pay per view - would be happy to pay a premium for just the City games without taking a monthly subscription.

Isn’t that essentially what you can do through BCTV?

Pretty sure this Sky thing is due to the same restrictions being lifted that allows all the clubs to broadcast their non-Saturday 3pm games... Wasn’t it announced around the same time? I could be entirely wrong.

As far as I understand it though, any time we’ll be on the red button, we’ll also be on BCTV.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Bedred31 assume you are aware of this?

image.png

Thanks Phantom, but I think the catch is 'no result achieved'. As long as both sides take the field in cricket, a result is almost invariably achieved. So they formally limit the game to 10 overs a side, and Surrey knocked off 102 runs in 40 balls. It's a business model that would shame the premier league - almost 25000 there an virtually nothing to do for 2 hours save drink their larger at £5 for 2/3 of a pint.     

Just now, Sniper said:

Wow! Didn't see that coming.

So LIVE via the RED Button for this lot then?

Tuesday, August 21st 2018
7:45PM Queens Park Rangers team badge Queens Park Rangers    (A)

Tuesday, September 18th 2018
7:45PM West Bromwich Albion team badge West Bromwich Albion    (A)

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018
7:45PM Rotherham United team badge Rotherham United    (A)

Wednesday, October 24th 2018
7:45PM Hull City team badge Hull City    (H)

Wednesday, November 28th 2018
7:45PM Ipswich Town team badge Ipswich Town    (A)

Wednesday, February 13th 2019
7:45PM Queens Park Rangers team badge Queens Park Rangers    (H) 

Tuesday, March 12th 2019
7:45PM Ipswich Town team badge Ipswich Town    (H)

Tuesday, April 9th 2019
7:45PM West Bromwich Albion team badge West Bromwich Albion    (H)

It was announced last year, I'm amazed it took them so long to announce details.

Also, I assume that midweek games being on Tuesday and Wednesday is to give Sky sufficient bandwidth to show all the games.

37 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Is that confirmed that NOW TV customers can't access the red button services?

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Thanks Phantom, but I think the catch is 'no result achieved'. As long as both sides take the field in cricket, a result is almost invariably achieved. So they formally limit the game to 10 overs a side, and Surrey knocked off 102 runs in 40 balls. It's a business model that would shame the premier league - almost 25000 there an virtually nothing to do for 2 hours save drink their larger at £5 for 2/3 of a pint.     

To be honest I didn't read it that way,  I just thought it was down to the lack of overs?

25 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Is that confirmed that NOW TV customers can't access the red button services?

Definitely.  checked this morning.  

If you know anyone with Sky Sports then why not do what I have just arranged to do with a friend, pay them £10 per month (or get them to give it to you for free) for one of their two access codes.  You can then log in via Sky Sports app and that has red button

Archived