IGNORED

EFL on Sky via the Red Button (Merged)

WOTRED

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn’t this only for people living outside the uk..? Or has that changed now..?

That is for people living in the UK. It is £10 per match on a pay per view basis. However, having read it on the OS I'm not sure if one has to be a subscriber at £45 a season and then the  tenner per match or it is just a tenner a match?

3 minutes ago, Distortia said:

In case anyone wonders which of our games this entails (away games in bold):

Tuesday 21st August - QPR (A)

Tuesday 18th September - West Brom (A)

Wednesday 3rd October - Rotherham (A)

Wednesday 24th October - Hull City (H)

Wednesday 28th November - Ipswich (A)

Wednesday 26th December - Brentford (H)

Tuesday 1st January - Stoke City (A)

Wednesday 13th February - QPR (H)

Tuesday 12th March - Ipswich Town (H)

Tuesday 9th April - West Brom (H)

I personally don't go to away games on Tuesday/Wednesday evenings, and I (relatively happily) pay for Sky each year, so this represents good news for me - look forward to watching the above games.

I believe the Bank holiday games are excluded, so scrub Brentford and Stoke. It's 4H and 4A for us

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

That is for people living in the UK. It is £10 per match on a pay per view basis. However, having read it on the OS I'm not sure if one has to be a subscriber at £45 a season and then the  tenner per match or it is just a tenner a match?

Think it's just a tenner a match

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

It's a tenner PPV for the 8 midweek games , the same games that are free for Sky Sports customers via red button.  The £45 is for Audio I think.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think I’m with you !

I have Sky and BT thro Sky and the cost is getting silly (I had the original BSB / Sky in 92 and IIRC it was about £16 a month

But like everything else the cost goes up every time you turnaround

The only thing I would say is their presentation using the best well trained presenters enhances everything and I see it as a ‘treat’ - a top end Sports TV service

If I only had terrestrial,  Id be over the Gorge - Would have a choice of show jumping , Women’s triathlon from Manila or hockey !!!

:laughcont:

I quite agree. I cannot fault the Sky presentation. The first time I ever had it was back in 1990 to watch England's tour of the West Indies. It was on Sky One as Sky Sports didn't exist at that point. Even back then their coverage was innovative and fun.

I am tempted to get SKY this season through BT, but it is limited to just two sports channels and I don't know if the red button will work on that?

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

I quite agree. I cannot fault the Sky presentation. The first time I ever had it was back in 1990 to watch England's tour of the West Indies. It was on Sky One as Sky Sports didn't exist at that point. Even back then their coverage was innovative and fun.

I am tempted to get SKY this season through BT, but it is limited to just two sports channels and I don't know if the red button will work on that?

My red button for BT works via my Sky (ie the opposite way round) so I’d be surprised if it didn’t 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My red button for BT works via my Sky (ie the opposite way round) so I’d be surprised if it didn’t 

Great. I will verify with BT whether I can watch City on the red button and if I can I will subscribe as I would be paying to watch City in most of those extra matches so might as well top it up and have far more to watch at my disposal.

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Great. I will verify with BT whether I can watch City on the red button and if I can I will subscribe as I would be paying to watch City in most of those extra matches so might as well top it up and have far more to watch at my disposal.

It certainly makes the vfm more attractive

There is also always extra stuff on the red buttons especially Test Cricket from around the Workd (If you’re a cricket fan)

My issue with Sky is their monopoly. 

If I don’t like the prices British Gas charge I can go to another energy provider. If I don’t like the prices in my local I can buy the same beer in another pub for a price more palatable. 

I can choose which garage to buy fuel for my car - or which institution to have my mortgage with. 

With Sky, they send the ‘boys’ round if they hear pubs are buying football cheaper from anywhere else, yet their commercial charges have sent many small pubs to the wall. They have top lawyers blocking the Kodi streams that we used to be able to receive - yet they aren’t even BROADCASTING most of the games I used to stream. 

Their commentary and setup is good - granted, but I hate them with a vengeance  

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can you not get the full Sky Sports package via BT (Cost aside ?)  ?

If so I didn’t realise that

No, it has just two channels now. One is The Main Event Channel and I can't recall the other one as I haven't used it for a couple of years as I prefer the NOW TV box for its flexibility and price. Last time I used it was for the Ashes series in England.

For a while there was no SKY SPORTS available at all but then that compromise was agreed where BT can show just two channels.

It costs £27.50 a month add on for the two available SKY SPORTS channels with BT so not such great value as NOW TV which has all the available channels but no red button!

There have been occasions where City have been on SKY but not on the Main Event Channel on BT.  

The other available channel is Sky Sports Extra. Just looked it up.

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

My issue with Sky is their monopoly. 

If I don’t like the prices British Gas charge I can go to another energy provider. If I don’t like the prices in my local I can buy the same beer in another pub for a price more palatable. 

I can choose which garage to buy fuel for my car - or which institution to have my mortgage with. 

With Sky, they send the ‘boys’ round if they hear pubs are buying football cheaper from anywhere else, yet their commercial charges have sent many small pubs to the wall. They have top lawyers blocking the Kodi streams that we used to be able to receive - yet they aren’t even BROADCASTING most of the games I used to stream. 

Their commentary and setup is good - granted, but I hate them with a vengeance  

Understand what your saying about a monopoly, but i wish they had more of one, annoys me have to pay for Setanta, and ESP and BT etc probably get worse with Amazon and Discovery etc in future, of course you don't have to have them, but I'd rather keep it all on one channel, overall though i get great value out of Sky and love their coverage.

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Hmmmm, didn't explain myself too well there did I?

The Sports part of the subscription is costing me £10 instead of £32 as part of the overall package because I called and told them I wasn't prepared to pay £32 for it.

Hope that makes things clearer :)

works every time, been doing that for the past 10 years, they're frightened to death you will walk away for good, I pay half what most people pay, I suppose they prefer that to me leaving for good after nearly 30 years.

Just a reminder for people who didn't see the previous post.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-follow-championship-league-one-and-league-two-in-201819

There are eight rounds of midweek Sky Bet Championship matches this season and Sky Sports Football will broadcast matches live on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. And as part of a brand new service, Sky Sports viewers will be able to press the red button and watch live coverage of ANY of the matches being played.
That means you'll be able to watch YOUR team live when they play in midweek, no matter which Sky Bet Championship club you support.

Tuesday, August 21st 2018
7:45PM Queens Park Rangers (A)

Tuesday, September 18th 2018
7:45PM West Bromwich Albion (A)

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018
7:45PM Rotherham United (A)

Wednesday, October 24th 2018
7:45PM Hull City (H)

Wednesday, November 28th 2018
7:45PM Ipswich Town (A)

Wednesday, February 13th 2019
7:45PM Queens Park Rangers (H) 

Tuesday, March 12th 2019
7:45PM Ipswich Town (H)

Tuesday, April 9th 2019
7:45PM West Bromwich Albion (H)

I did just go on the Virgin website to ask direct but no live chat available and emailing will be a waste of time, along with speaking to a clueless operator in India. Hope somebody knows the answer here!!

Archived