IGNORED

World cup 2030??

Ska Junkie

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

40k at the Gate or a slow news day?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/world-cup-bristol-2030-football-1842691

How on earth can we change the Gate to 40K? Do we even want to?

Atyeo extension in to a huge Kop and another level on the Dolman?

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Atyeo extension in to a huge Kop and another level on the Dolman?

Dolman only has a life expectancy of 20-30 years so one day it’ll have to be replaced whatever 

Why not have a temporary roof installed which can strap in about 13,000 who will look directly down onto the pitch. It will keep any rain off (unless someone wants to take a leak and obviously can not leave their seat during a game) and will give thrill seekers a different and challenging view of the game. Once the game is finished the roof can be removed and brought down to pitch level where the spectators can safely unstrap themselves and leave.

As an extra safety insurance, FIFA can insist that anyone buying a ticket will have to prove that they have never ever sat in the Dolman Stand. This will be essential to protect the players below from the chance of being struck by falling spectators who have unbuckled their belts so they can leave ten minutes before the end.

Existing capacity is around 27,000. We know the Dolman and Atyeo will be most likely candidates for redevelopment, as the Atyeo is the smallest and the Dolman needs replacing in the coming years anyway.

- Replace the Dolman (6,000) with a Lansdown Stand-esque structure (11,000), that would give us 5,000 extra seats so capacity ~32,000.
- Replacing the Atyeo Stand (4,200) with a South Stand-esque structure (6,000) would then give us ~34,000.

I'm sure an additional tier on the 'new' Atyeo and perhaps having extra (or temporary) seating in the corners would take us near to the 40,000 mark.

It would be tight but it's feasible pending finances and purchase of houses, etc.

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking at how FIFA went on the recent award, if it comes our way am sure a joint UK would be very likely

Sadly would expect our ground to be a long way down the list of those being chosen 

Lose out to Cardiff as per I would have thought

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Honestly, I think Uruguay getting the 2030 one would be a nice touch.

100 years on from the first one, which they hosted.

I think 2030 is a 200 year anniversary of their first consitution too, so quite a big year for them.

A country that small would surely have to jointly hold it with say Chile and Argentina ?

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

A country that small would surely have to jointly hold it with say Chile and Argentina ?

I think they are looking to see if they can do it themselves, otherwise it's a joint bid with Argentina and Paraguay.

If its the joint bid and they win, I'd hope the final to be in Uruguay.

6 hours ago, Tristan Cork said:

I did. But that's history now.

Only when I pressed you on Twitter, I expect. Because I thought it would be a decent counterpoint to Marvin's scheme to mention that a far more feasible place to host a World Cup game was rejected by locals even before the bid itself failed.

Even disregarding that (as you want) AG in its current incarnation would cause far more stress on local traffic routes and more disruption for a greater catchment of people. And that's not including redevelopment works.

But, yeah, I'm wrong because the WC was in Russia this year. Go you.

Archived