IGNORED

Sky prediction City to finish 7th

Jerseybean

Not unthinkable for us to finish 7th when you look at the rest of the division, Stoke seem to be the only relegated team who have sorted themselves out, Leeds I'd think will finish above us, Villa could be a basket case with everything going on. It shows from the outside people think we're doing well despite the loss of Flint/Reid and people view us in better shape than a lot of our own fans do. Brentford is a big call though, they've got potential in that team but third would be an outstanding season for them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11454431/201819-sky-bet-championship-table-predict-how-the-24-teams-will-finish

And this is a fan powered up/down vote alternative. Currently we sit 22nd in this "predicted" league. So we're getting relegated along with Sheff Wed and Reading. Note that this may in reality just be a popularity contest.

7 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

I’m almost certain that Sky piece is written by a City fan who is an occasional poster on here

core321? :)

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Why?

I don't agree with 7th, but they have at least given some reasoning.

Hope I'm wrong we haven't won a league game away from home this year, with some god awful performances in that run, just hoping  the new signings hit the ground running they'll need to 

Derby....."You do not know for sure whether Lampard will be a success, but he was a great player, he played under some of the great managers, he is smart and everyone loves him as a bloke. We would be interested to hear someone's reasons for why he would do poorly."

Uhhhhhm....because he has no experience as this is his first managerial job. I give you.......Gary Neville!

8 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I like the fact they have the guts to fancy Brentford and Preston. Both clubs I hope we can match in the way they are managed. Great set ups.

Seen another prediction today, Preston 3rd, Brentford 4th, City 6th. That would be one in the eye for the big clubs, but there isn't a chance on earth we'd win the play offs with both our bogey teams in there!

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Seen another prediction today, Preston 3rd, Brentford 4th, City 6th. That would be one in the eye for the big clubs, but there isn't a chance on earth we'd win the play offs with both our bogey teams in there!

Love it. True City fans are predicting losing playoffs in July. ?

34 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Hope I'm wrong we haven't won a league game away from home this year, with some god awful performances in that run, just hoping  the new signings hit the ground running they'll need to 

Yeah but,  we haven't lost an away game this season. In fact we are yet to concede a goal in open play this season. 

Sorry , I'm trying optimism out for a change, not sure it suits me.

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Derby....."You do not know for sure whether Lampard will be a success, but he was a great player, he played under some of the great managers, he is smart and everyone loves him as a bloke. We would be interested to hear someone's reasons for why he would do poorly."

Uhhhhhm....because he has no experience as this is his first managerial job. I give you.......Gary Neville!

You could say that about all managers once! That young bald fella who walked straight into the Barca B job...

It also isn't Sky's prediction of us.

Its the prediction of two Oxford fans who do a podcasts on the Championship, League 1 and League 2.

They did an hour long podcast where they did the Championship predictions and went more in depth on their reasons. The article was a very brief transcript of what was said.

Given they often cover the championship, I respect their predictions more than the ones I see from the click-bait football websites.

anyone who watches the championship would know that Brentford & Preston are better than on paper, and genuine play off contenders.

whilst I don’t think we’ll do as well as 7th, I think this prediction is closer to what may happen than the other predictions I’ve seen.

Glad they haven’t just gone ‘lost flint & Reid so city are doomed’.

i remember last summer, predictions were for us to go down, on the basis that we’d lost Tomlin & Tammy, when everybody who had watched us knew that a Tomlin-free team was going to produce better results.

Archived