IGNORED

Marley Watkins

GrahamC

For a variety of reasons despite being the first signing of the window I think he has completely gone under the radar.

Missed last week’s friendly with concussion and nothing was said by LJ about his availability for tomorrow.

I just have a slight feeling that if he is fit he might start, as I reckon (like Adelakun who is presumably out) he was brought in to play on the right hand side of midfield, as we had to play Brownhill out of position there a lot of last season.

Last year at Norwich was a total washout for him but the year before at Barnsley he got double figures in The Championship which with Diedhiou suspended & Reid & Flint no longer with us, could prove very useful as we look short of goals all over the team to me.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

For a variety of reasons despite being the first signing of the window I think he has completely gone under the radar.

Missed last week’s friendly with concussion and nothing was said by LJ about his availability for tomorrow.

I just have a slight feeling that if he is fit he might start tomorrow, as I reckon (like Adelakun who is presumably out) he was brought in to play on the right hand side of midfield, as we had to play Brownhill out of position there a lot of last season.

Last year at Norwich was a total washout for him but the year before at Barnsley he got double figures in The Championship which with Diedhiou suspended & Reid & Flint no longer with us, could prove very useful as we look short of goals all over the team to me.

got to miss a number of days/week if you get concussion I think its a league rule 

I would be surprised if he were to be chucked straight into the starting line up.

I agree that Brownhill should be played more centrally this season, especially with all the wingers we have brought in, but for this first game I would stick with those who have done well / played in pre-season.

Doing this has worked well for that last two seasons so no need to change our approach this year.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I just have a slight feeling that if he is fit he might start, as I reckon (like Adelakun who is presumably out) he was brought in to play on the right hand side of midfield, as we had to play Brownhill out of position there a lot of last season.

Unlikely that he’s match fit, I should think, if he’s not had a full pre season. 

I'm pretty sure Weimann isn't Hans Krankl re-incarnated and I doubt Eisa will be anything but an impact sub this season. Please let me be wrong. If not, I fear we'll struggle to score enough goals.

So it's imperative the midfield chip in (we can forget the defence now Flint's gone) and Watkins seems capable of getting half a dozen. This might prove invaluable and is the reason he'd be in my starting XI too.

Anyway, Tommy's on a roll so I'll get out the way.....                   

37 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm pretty sure Weimann isn't Hans Krankl re-incarnated and I doubt Eisa will be anything but an impact sub this season. Please let me be wrong. If not, I fear we'll struggle to score enough goals.

So it's imperative the midfield chip in (we can forget the defence now Flint's gone) and Watkins seems capable of getting half a dozen. This might prove invaluable and is the reason he'd be in my starting XI too.

Anyway, Tommy's on a roll so I'll get out the way.....                   

Equally important is that we concede a lot fewer than last season.

I’ve tidied up this thread, can we keep it on topic-ish please. Just imagine if Marley took a look at this forum and saw Tommy’s pissed up ramblings under his name, not a great welcome is it! 

For anyone in need of the thoughts of a drunk Swede they are here

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/180553-ramblings-from-sweden/&page=9

For anyone wishing to debate football, especially Marley Watkins, here is the place for you. Infact chat about anything football related, with humour or seriousness and everything in between. Just no thoughts from pissed up Swedes here please, unless of course they can add to the debate.

:city:

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Equally important is that we concede a lot fewer than last season.

Agree completely but don't think that's likely under this particular Coach - think he's happy to win 3-2 or 4-3 rather than 1 or 2 nil. 

Not a bad philosophy compared to a Pulis, for example, but to make progress I think we need to find a happy medium.

If we're 3-0 up in a game this season, and still win, that will be progress!

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I might be totally wrong (especially as I've never seen him play!) but this one looks like a pointless signing and he wouldn't make our matchday squad if everyone was fit.

I think you could be pleasantly surprised when he’s fit and you see him play. 

Good player when he’s played in the right role & our style of play should really suit him. 

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I might be totally wrong (especially as I've never seen him play!) but this one looks like a pointless signing and he wouldn't make our matchday squad if everyone was fit.

I can think of one of our strikers who is unlikely to score 10 Championship goals in his career, never mind in the same season.

This Guy will be a first choice & make a good contribution for us.

Archived