IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

Thought a thread was needed for this season. It’s always interesting to keep up to date on how the young players are doing and it seems like there are numerous players with huge potential. 

Currently out of loan:

Jonny Smith - Tranmere Rovers (Season long loan

Zak Vyner - Rotherham United (Season long loan)

Antoine Semenyo - Newport County (January)

Tyreeq Bakinson - Newport County (January, extended to rest of the season on 08/01/19)

Aden Baldwin - Cheltenham Town (January)

Freddie Hinds - Wrexham (Season long loan) 

George Dowling - Eastleigh (January)

Jojo Wollacott - Truro City (January)

James Morton - Bath City (January)

Tom Richards - Truro City (Month long loan)

George Nurse - Weston-Super-Mare (Month long loan) 

Harvey Smith - Hereford (Month long loan)

Cameron Pring - Cheltenham Town (From January to end of season)

Rory Holden - Rochdale (From January to end of season)

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans Torquay United (September to end of season)

Jake Andrews Torquay United

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I really enjoy following our youth players progress. The non league highlights are very long, so get to see a fair bit of a player. I expect a few more to be loaned out too by the end of the window.

Yeah, Mcclouskey will definitely be out. O’Leary too, if we do sign another keeper. 

Just been checking the fixtures. With luck I might get to FGR to see Cheltenham's visit, we're at Brentford so might go to see some of our kids instead. 
Of course if we're 10 points clear at the top of the table I may change my mind and pay yet another visit to Brentford.

11 hours ago, eastonboy said:

Bump.

Mods - any chance of pinning this topic?

Seconded.

Currently out of loan:

Jonny Smith - Tranmere Rovers (Season long loan
Jonny Smith provided the assist for Tranmere's second goal today. 

Zak Vyner - Rotherham United (Season long loan)
Played 90 minutes in 5-1 defeat at Brentford, could be a long season for him.

Antoine Semenyo - Newport County (January)
Came on after 56 minutes in their 3-0 defeat today

Tyreeq Bakinson - Newport County (January)
Unused Sub

Aden Baldwin - Cheltenham Town (January)
Played 56 minutes in their 1-0 defeat

Freddie Hinds - Wrexham (Season long loan) 
No sign of Hinds for Wrexham?

George Dowling - Eastleigh (January)
Unused sub in their 1-2 defeat

Jojo Wollacott - Truro City (January)
Tom Richards - Truro City (Month long loan)
Don't know if these two played but they lost 0-4 to Billericay Town 

James Morton - Bath City (January)
Played 90 minutes in a 1-2 defeat

George Nurse - Weston-Super-Mare (Month long loan) 
Played 90 minutes in their 4-1 defeat

Harvey Smith - Hereford (Month long loan)
Played 90 minutes in their 3-0 home win

Vyner started at right back, losing 5-1 to Brentford. 

This summarises Rotherham fans views

Semenyo came on in the 58th minute for Newport, and Bakinson spent the full game on the bench. Newport lost 3-0.

Jonny Smith started, playing 57 minutes. Seemed to impress as Tranmere drew 2-2.

• The topic was pinned
8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Wow!  If you lose 4-0 at home and the keeper gets plaudits, you have to wonder what the score might have been? That suggests he is going to get a lot of practice this season. Are Billericay the team that are the big non-league spenders though? 

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow!  If you lose 4-0 at home and the keeper gets plaudits, you have to wonder what the score might have been? That suggests he is going to get a lot of practice this season. Are Billericay the team that are the big non-league spenders though? 

They are yes. It was them who JET was rumoured to have signed for the other week, until he denied it.

17 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38226060

A couple of positive comments on Vyner here.

Reading that I wonder if Joe Morrell could make the championship step. Sounds like they need another option. Doubtful but I’d be telling them there is a player there. Even if not used he could get that experience. 

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Semenyo and McCoulsky both on the scoresheet today. The latter looks an extremely exciting prospect. 

Noticed that Bakinson played 90 minutes in Semenyos game as well. Still no sign of Hinds though at Wrexham though, anyone know if he is carrying an injury?

McCoulsky's goal is at 2.25 in this video, very nice. http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11472852/southend-2-4-brentford  

Semenyos on 2 minutes, even better due to the way he battles for the ball. http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11472970/cambridge-1-4-newport

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Noticed that Bakinson played 90 minutes in Semenyos game as well. Still no sign of Hinds though at Wrexham though, anyone know if he is carrying an injury?

McCoulsky's goal is at 2.25 in this video, very nice. http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11472852/southend-2-4-brentford  

Semenyos on 2 minutes, even better due to the way he battles for the ball. http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11472970/cambridge-1-4-newport

Hinds has been out injured yes.

I had a quick look on their forum the other day & someone posted a quote from an article where it mentioned 3 or 4 players that were out due to injury.

McCoulsky's goal was a great finish.  

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Hinds has been out injured yes.

I had a quick look on their forum the other day & someone posted a quote from an article where it mentioned 3 or 4 players that were out due to injury.

McCoulsky's goal was a great finish.  

Thanks for that. I saw some highlights of Semenyo for Bath last season and I nearly didn't recognise him in that clip last night. I know it's common to say a player has "bulked up" but the kid must have spent the whole summer in the gym!!

Copied this from the OS ( I think thats the correct term Robbored? )

LOAN WATCH: SMITH NETS FIRST COMPETITIVE GOAL

Jonny Smith scored his first competitive goal while on loan at Tranmere Rovers, as he gave them the lead over Swindon Town.

However, Town ended up 3-2 winners on the day.

Tyreeq Bakinson impressed on his full league debut as Newport County drew 1-1 with Exeter City. Antoine Semenyo featured as a substitute.

James Morton was given a full run out as Bath City won 2-1 against Dulwich Hamlet.

Jojo Wollacott played as Truro City were held to a 2-2 draw with Wellington United. Tom Richards did not feature.

Harvey Smith watched from the bench as Hereford United were beaten 1-0 by Chorley, who pounced in the 92nd minute.

Zak Vyner's Rotherham were beaten 2-0 by Leeds United in the Sky Bet Championship.

Shawn McCoulsky was an unused substitute as Southend United fell to a 2-0 defeat against Bradford City.

But neither Aaron Parsons or George Nurse were present as Weston-super-Mare were beaten 4-2 by Billericay Town.

Archived