IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I was hoping  Bakinson would start, hope he comes on. Semenyo 19 tomorrow I think they said, goal for his birthday would be nice.

Both would have been ideal, it’s so rare we get to see our loanees on the telly. Really rooting for Semenyo here. 

And 1-0 Newport! Jamille Matt header. 

41 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Chance to see Semenyo on tv in 30 mins, starts vs. Leicester in the FA Cup. Bakinson on bench. Also we need to add Holden and Pring’s loans to the original post on this thread. 

Gwaan Antoine.

Updated this and the pinned list in the Transfer forum

Just noticed Jake Andrews and Connor L-Evans not on either list? Both been on loan at Torquay since the start of the season haven’t they?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Updated this and the pinned list in the Transfer forum

Just noticed Jake Andrews and Connor L-Evans not on either list? Both been on loan at Torquay since the start of the season haven’t they?

Nice one mate. And yea I’m sure they do, not back this month are they?

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Nice one mate. And yea I’m sure they do, not back this month are they?

Just doing some searching COnnor didn’t go out until the end of Sept, so that’s why he was missed off the list perhaps, says loan until Jan but don’t know if been extended?

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just doing some searching COnnor didn’t go out until the end of Sept, so that’s why he was missed off the list perhaps, says loan until Jan but don’t know if been extended?

Yes he extended his loan until the end of the season. Torquay are away to Bath City on Sat Jan 19th. Should be a decent game with both teams going well.

Vyner coming in for some stick off Rotherham fans. 

Don't think he's impressed much up there at all. They all seem to be chuffed whenever he doesn't start. 

Shame that after such an impressive spell at centre back for Plymouth, he's been at right back this season. Whilst he's not slow, I don't think he's quick enough for that position, nor suited for it, a bit like Taylor Moore. 

40 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Vyner coming in for some stick off Rotherham fans. 

Don't think he's impressed much up there at all. They all seem to be chuffed whenever he doesn't start. 

Shame that after such an impressive spell at centre back for Plymouth, he's been at right back this season. Whilst he's not slow, I don't think he's quick enough for that position, nor suited for it, a bit like Taylor Moore. 

Well if they are criticising him for being ripped to shreds by Sane and Sterling then he is in good company. From what I saw of the goals he was left 1 on 1 in several situations, I'll bet that never happens for those players in normal circumstances.

18 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I was hoping  Bakinson would start, hope he comes on. Semenyo 19 tomorrow I think they said, goal for his birthday would be nice.

I think Bakinson should have been tracking the guy who scored the equaliser or at least patrolling the edge of the box when the initial clearance was made?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think Bakinson should have been tracking the guy who scored the equaliser or at least patrolling the edge of the box when the initial clearance was made?

I thought this as well at the time. He'd only been on for a few minutes, perhaps was still getting up to speed. But yeh the Leicester scorer had no one pressuring him and given where he was on the pitch you'd think it was Bakinson who should have been making him think.

He did do very well in the build up to the penalty though. Showed good strength and determination on the right wing to win the ball and keep it in play.

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well if they are criticising him for being ripped to shreds by Sane and Sterling then he is in good company. From what I saw of the goals he was left 1 on 1 in several situations, I'll bet that never happens for those players in normal circumstances.

Yeah they have been, but they've also been criticising him most weeks. Had a quick search of his name on twitter, not great. 

LINK

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

They have been, but I saw one game where I thought he played quite well and he got criticised then too. He isn't a full back though, so understandable he isn't as well liked as the Plymouth fans where he played in his natural position.

Cameron Pring apparently had a promising debut for Cheltenham. Started the game and played left wing back.

At least the loan has already provided experience at this level along with character building if he’s coming in for stick! 

Be very surprised if most footballers don’t have a look to see what’s being said about them after most games. 

Thats good to hear about Pring, I’ve only seen him play once during pre season but I was very impressed. 

14 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

Do you mean last night?

Whoops, only appeared on my twitter feed today, seems like he got an assist but manager said he'd have been subbed off at some point had another player not been injured 

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

Whoops, only appeared on my twitter feed today, seems like he got an assist but manager said he'd have been subbed off at some point had another player not been injured 

Reading their forum, it is a chore, most said he had a promising debut. 

52 minutes ago, hodge said:

42 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Reading their forum, it is a chore, most said he had a promising debut. 

I found this text report on yesterdays game, he seems quite involved from beginning to end and yes he got an assist. 
https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-manchester-city-u21/403591 

City V City. That should be an interesting contest if Jonny Smith is fit again. :) 

"Now on his fifth loan since joining City in 2016, Pring added: “I’m enjoying it here at Cheltenham and have already played 90 minutes. Hopefully I’ll be involved against Tranmere Rovers on Saturday.”

That could be an interesting contest between Pring and Jonny Smith on the right side of the Tranmere attack."

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Could have had a hat trick on another day, he looks physically strong, I wonder what is holding him back? It must be something that is more obvious to the coaching staff day to day.

Wasn't it said on here that Hinds was going to be in the bench for the Man Utd game last season, but then something happened (to do with his attitude?) and he wasn't.

Think Garita then got the bench space!

Mind you, just looked at our line up from that night, 3 academy players and Garita on the bench, 2 of those players (Kelly and Vyner) starting in the Championship this season. The third was Lemonheigh-Evans.

Plus Bryan and Reid starting the game, 5 of our match day 18 were academy products.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wasn't it said on here that Hinds was going to be in the bench for the Man Utd game last season, but then something happened (to do with his attitude?) and he wasn't.

Think Garita then got the bench space!

Mind you, just looked at our line up from that night, 3 academy players and Garita on the bench, 2 of those players (Kelly and Vyner) starting in the Championship this season. The third was Lemonheigh-Evans.

Plus Bryan and Reid starting the game, 5 of our match day 18 were academy products.

I think that was Bakinson and I think he was actually expected to play at some point. As I read it, he let this slip to some friends who put out messages on social media and pissed off the Management team. There was a suggestion from Wrexham fans that Hinds loan to them was blighted by an off field incident, but never confirmed.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that was Bakinson and I think he was actually expected to play at some point. As I read it, he let this slip to some friends who put out messages on social media and pissed off the Management team. There was a suggestion from Wrexham fans that Hinds loan to them was blighted by an off field incident, but never confirmed.

Remember reading those suggestions on the Wrexham forum now, think you're right and it was Bakinson for the Man Utd game.

24 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Hinds just had a couple of bad loans. It happens sometimes. Clearly a talent. 

Hope you're right. Loans are all about developing as a person as well as a player - not sure what happened at Wrexham but let's hope he's learnt from it and it's just a blip.

Hinds and McCoulsky are similar players and it was unlikely both would have made it here. I know McCoulsky's health could well have been a factor in his recent departure but I can't help thinking a decision had already been made that Hinds is the one we fancy to make it at our level.

After all, McCoulsky had been here 3 years and never started a game whereas within 6 months of joining Hinds started 2 games and scored in both - one of them away at a Premier League club.  

Archived