IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

I previously mentioned Vyner wasn't doing too well at Rotherham, and their fans weren't too keen on him, but things seemed to take a turn for the worse Saturday. 

Fans were chanting about him being a '****' & getting on his back. Bet that did wonders for his confidence. 

ZV.png

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I previously mentioned Vyner wasn't doing too well at Rotherham, and their fans weren't too keen on him, but things seemed to take a turn for the worse Saturday. 

Fans were chanting about him being a '****' & getting on his back. Bet that did wonders for his confidence. 

ZV.png

So do we get him back or see it as "character building"? If there is one thing Johnson knows, it's what it is like to receive abuse as a player.

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So do we get him back or see it as "character building"? If there is one thing Johnson knows, it's what it is like to receive abuse as a player.

Personally, I'd recall him. He's not played for us this season, he could go out on loan elsewhere, a team pushing for promotion in League One perhaps. Even Plymouth again, they're struggling, but they liked him down there and I'm sure they'd love to have him back. 

34 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just thought it worth checking.

LJ can probably empathise with Vyners situation and is no doubt in regular contact with the loanees closest to the first team.

Guess there could still have been a certain period within Jan during which we could recall him that may have passed now though. 

As you and @Port Said Red mentioned, Johnson got it from his own fans, Bailey Wright & Diedhiou more recently. Only difference is they're all senior pros. Vyners still a kid really, hopefully he doesn't let it get to him. 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Guess there could still have been a certain period within Jan during which we could recall him that may have passed now though. 

As you and @Port Said Red mentioned, Johnson got it from his own fans, Bailey Wright & Diedhiou more recently. Only difference is they're all senior pros. Vyners still a kid really, hopefully he doesn't let it get to him. 

Yea but I don’t recall us ever singing that one pf our players is a ****! It is bad when we sarcastically cheer a player off but that is a new low from Rotherham fans imo. 

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Personally, I'd recall him. He's not played for us this season, he could go out on loan elsewhere, a team pushing for promotion in League One perhaps. Even Plymouth again, they're struggling, but they liked him down there and I'm sure they'd love to have him back. 

Why would we recall him if he's playing regularly? Sending him back to Plymouth isn't going to test him. He's being verbally abused (which is completely unacceptable) by a subset of the crowd, not forced to train with the kids

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Well the abuse of Vyner continues at Rotherham. Their fans booing him and cheering him off when he was subbed. To be fair most of the comments from their fans on Twitter say how pathetic the fans behaviour was. Some saying there were worse performances from other players and that the right winger is doing Vyner no favours at all in leaving him with no cover. It must be hard but I guess this could make him a lot stronger with this experience. I don't know why they just don't play him centre back though if he's as good as what Plymouth fans were saying.

Part of me agrees with the` make him stronger` view but the other part says get him back from the ungrateful bastards and he can go back to Argyle who are improving rapidly and he can help send the g*s down into the bargain.

Rotherham fans wouldn`t know a decent player if one bit them in the arse IMO.

On 19/01/2019 at 18:36, JonDolman said:

Well the abuse of Vyner continues at Rotherham. Their fans booing him and cheering him off when he was subbed. To be fair most of the comments from their fans on Twitter say how pathetic the fans behaviour was. Some saying there were worse performances from other players and that the right winger is doing Vyner no favours at all in leaving him with no cover. It must be hard but I guess this could make him a lot stronger with this experience. I don't know why they just don't play him centre back though if he's as good as what Plymouth fans were saying.

Didn't similar happen with Diedhiou v Preston?

I'm not condoning it, but it is one of those things that happens in football.

On 21/01/2019 at 07:16, Port Said Red said:

I noticed that Rory Holden played the whole match this Saturday, has to be a good sign.

On 21/01/2019 at 10:55, Roger Red Hat said:

Apparently according to BT, the best player on the pitch.

Rochdale fan here. First half he played okay, had some nice bits of link up play but was very lightweight. He had no strength at all and was shoved off the ball with ease against Barton's Fleetwood bullies. It didn't help that we have the worst left back in the league which meant Rory spent more time trying to help him out since everything was coming down his side. Rory didn't really offer him much protection but that shouldn't be his job to be fair. In the 54th minute Fleetwood got a man sent off which caused them to just sit back to hold onto the lead, this allowed Rory to finally come into the game. From then on he was superb, best attacker on the pitch by a country mile. We've been crying out for someone who can actually cross a ball and Holden put some quality crosses into the box which caused panic amongst the Fleetwood defence. You could tell he was growing in confidence as the half went on, at one point he was surrounded by 3 Fleetwood players but he had the audacity to do some Zidane type pirouette between two of them and roll the ball through the legs of the other one to create the space. At that point we all looked at each other and thought maybe we have a player on our hands here. He's fast skilful and you can tell he has some genuine quality about him, he tore the Fleetwood defence apart in the second half so i'm excited to see more of him.

My only concern with him is how he's going to handle the physical side of league one, like I said in the first half the Fleetwood players had no issues taking the ball off him, it was only when they went down to ten men did Rory come into the game. He's clearly got quality about him but he needs to learn to improve his ability to hold off the experienced League One midfielders. It may take him a few games to adjust from playing with his own age group to the big boys in league one but he needs to do that quickly as we are going to be in a relegation dog fight very soon. He should have no issues getting game time here from now on, whilst he is lightweight he's the only player we've got who can put some quality into the box, he simply must start every game and my verdict is that he's a very promising player 

1 hour ago, bread27 said:

Rochdale fan here. First half he played okay, had some nice bits of link up play but was very lightweight. He had no strength at all and was shoved off the ball with ease against Barton's Fleetwood bullies. It didn't help that we have the worst left back in the league which meant Rory spent more time trying to help him out since everything was coming down his side. Rory didn't really offer him much protection but that shouldn't be his job to be fair. In the 54th minute Fleetwood got a man sent off which caused them to just sit back to hold onto the lead, this allowed Rory to finally come into the game. From then on he was superb, best attacker on the pitch by a country mile. We've been crying out for someone who can actually cross a ball and Holden put some quality crosses into the box which caused panic amongst the Fleetwood defence. You could tell he was growing in confidence as the half went on, at one point he was surrounded by 3 Fleetwood players but he had the audacity to do some Zidane type pirouette between two of them and roll the ball through the legs of the other one to create the space. At that point we all looked at each other and thought maybe we have a player on our hands here. He's fast skilful and you can tell he has some genuine quality about him, he tore the Fleetwood defence apart in the second half so i'm excited to see more of him.

My only concern with him is how he's going to handle the physical side of league one, like I said in the first half the Fleetwood players had no issues taking the ball off him, it was only when they went down to ten men did Rory come into the game. He's clearly got quality about him but he needs to learn to improve his ability to hold off the experienced League One midfielders. It may take him a few games to adjust from playing with his own age group to the big boys in league one but he needs to do that quickly as we are going to be in a relegation dog fight very soon. He should have no issues getting game time here from now on, whilst he is lightweight he's the only player we've got who can put some quality into the box, he simply must start every game and my verdict is that he's a very promising player 

Thanks @bread27 we do love to hear from fans of the clubs where our players are on loan. Obviously the reason he is with you is to get games in the mans game, it was a bit of a surprise when he went from National League Barrow to you so, as you say, it's bound to take him time to get used to the physicality of your league. I doubt that's going to happen overnight though, so let's hope he can do enough to help your cause while he is learning.

31 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Janneh scored early for Torquay 

21 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

2nd goal for Janneh. An assist for Evans for Torquay's 3rd goal.

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Jake Andrews now scored twice, Torquay 5-0 up.

Even better news for them is that Woking are 2-0 at home to Wealdstone.

21 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Surely a couple of them have to be getting league loans next year? Looked far too good on the ball to be playing on that pitch if you go watch the highlights!

I think so particularly Jennah, someone said there is no limit on players you can loan to non-league teams so I think that might have something to do with it. Oh and GJ of course, a person they can trust to give good feedback and develop them properly.

Archived