IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

4 hours ago, Rootshallbloke said:

An article from our local paper on Taylor Moore.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/17393487.bristol-city-defender-taylor-moore-unsure-what-future-might-hold-after-loan-spell-at-southend-united/

Remember, we will be quite happy to take him off your hands. You may need an ad blocker to avoid all the ads in the Echo.

I'm fairly sure Moore was going to be with our first team this season until he picked up an injury.

Lee Johnson was heaping praise on him throughout preseason.

We then signed Kalas on loan from Chelsea and offered Moore a new contract before he went on loan.

Glad to see he's doing well though.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm fairly sure Moore was going to be with our first team this season until he picked up an injury.

Lee Johnson was heaping praise on him throughout preseason.

We then signed Kalas on loan from Chelsea and offered Moore a new contract before he went on loan.

Glad to see he's doing well though.

Especially on Saturday :)

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Would be devastating for Kalas if we , also , went up and discarded him .

I’d hope we have an agreement w Chelsea to buy if promoted. I watch a lot of football and you don’t see many defenders on Kalas level. I find it very strange he hasn’t found a prem team to this day

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

James Morton loan extended with Bath to end of season. I can't remember if he was with Bath all of last season or just second half of season. But by the end of this loan he would have had so many games already in his career and he is only 19. Watched a lot of long highlights of Bath games and he really does look a prospect, range of passing with both feet superb.

I think he was there for all of last season, only 19 thought he was a year older.

On 09/02/2019 at 10:08, JBFC II said:

Aaron sainsbury gone on loan to yate Town, confirmed on Radio Bristol last night

He played alright on his debut. Quite small for a goalie, probably could have done better for both goals. Kicking was good and had no fear of getting stuck in against physical strikers. Didn’t seem fazed by playing mans football, should be great experience for him.  

On 13/02/2019 at 10:35, chipdawg said:

It's not one of our loans, but I noticed that former academy player Herbie Kane scored on loan for Doncaster last night. 7 goals and 8 assists (I think) from midfield

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in the Championship next season. Doncaster fans think he’s absolutely class.

We’d probably be his preferred choice as well. 

Just be down to if Johnson wants him & if Liveprool fancy lending us another player after Ryan Kent!

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in the Championship next season. Doncaster fans think he’s absolutely class.

We’d probably be his preferred choice as well. 

Just be down to if Johnson wants him & if Liveprool fancy lending us another player after Ryan Kent!

Don't think he'd be ready for Premier league football next season... 

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Janneh scored 2 and got MOTM for Torquay in their 5-2 win. 

Hinds and Morton each scored in a Bath 2-0 win. Hinds MOTM

James Morton. Aside from the absolute pearler to seal the game, produced some magic today. Batten crosses the half way line, ends up chasing his own pass to their keeper. Morton drops back to CB to cover and recycled possession. Unreal knowledge of the game. He’s class. #Romans

Sorry, but isn’t that the basics of the game, cover your teammates. 

This threads gone quiet. 

No place for Holden in the Rochdale squad after Keith Hills sacking.

Jonny Smith played 64 minutes in Tranmeres 1-0 win over Crewe. 

Bakinson played the final 12 mins in Newports 3-0 loss to Carlisle.

Taylor Moore played the final 16 mins for Southend and scored a 90th minute own goal in their 2-2 draw away to Blackpool

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

This threads gone quiet. 

No place for Holden in the Rochdale squad after Keith Hills sacking.

Jonny Smith played 64 minutes in Tranmeres 1-0 win over Crewe. 

Bakinson played the final 12 mins in Newports 3-0 loss to Carlisle.

Taylor Moore played the final 16 mins for Southend and scored a 90th minute own goal in their 2-2 draw away to Blackpool

I think it's gone quiet because Torquay have had a couple of poor results and an abandoned game, so half of our loanees have had little to report. But they had great result beating Billericay  away 2-0 and Janneh assisted for the 2nd goal. 

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Moore doesn't even get in the Southend side anymore which is worrying. 

Janneh scored for Torquay, but other than that it seems like a quiet day for our loans.

It's been said repeatedly that his OG against Blackpool seriously affected his confidence to the point where he has gone from automatic selection to the bench if he's lucky. I don't know if that is true but something has definitely gone on. It doesn't help that Chris Powell got shown the door because of results, so now it's Kevin Bond calling the shots until seasons end with Harry Rednapp as his unpaid helper. Back to Taylor, he was developing so well and would definitely be up to regular FL1 football. Championship? I'm just not sure, so I guess it depends why you loaned him to us and what your scouts are looking for as a result. As I'm said before, I think he's total shite but I would reluctantly take him off your hands provided we manage to avoid the drop to FL2 (christ, how did we get to this point?).

You're still looking good in the Championship race, so good luck with what's left of the season.

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Sorry one thing I'm confused about in your post. He was developing so well and definitely up to being a regular in league one. But then you say he's total shite? Haha

Didn’t recognise the hint of sarcasm? 

I played 5-a-side with a Rotherham supporter yesterday and asked him about Vyner. He said "when he's good, he's fantastic. When he's poor you wonder how he's become a professional footballer." Sounds like Vyner still isn't comfortable at right back and regularly asks to be played centrally, so I don't think he's the right back of the future for us to be honest

On 07/04/2019 at 12:22, Rootshallbloke said:

It's been said repeatedly that his OG against Blackpool seriously affected his confidence to the point where he has gone from automatic selection to the bench if he's lucky. I don't know if that is true but something has definitely gone on. It doesn't help that Chris Powell got shown the door because of results, so now it's Kevin Bond calling the shots until seasons end with Harry Rednapp as his unpaid helper. Back to Taylor, he was developing so well and would definitely be up to regular FL1 football. Championship? I'm just not sure, so I guess it depends why you loaned him to us and what your scouts are looking for as a result. As I'm said before, I think he's total shite but I would reluctantly take him off your hands provided we manage to avoid the drop to FL2 (christ, how did we get to this point?).

You're still looking good in the Championship race, so good luck with what's left of the season.

He was praised massively in pre season and looked like he was going to be a part of our squad this season.

Then he picked up an injury meaning we were left short, we brought in Kalas on loan from Chelsea which meant Moore was surplus when fit again.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d be tempted to give all four until January in the Conference if Torquay want to keep them. I suspect it will depend if GJ stays there or not though.

Think Evans needs to try and get a move a league higher. He was already proven in the conference with Bath or Weston I think. 

Andrews I feel is the same as Evans. Was decent in L2 with GJ in his appearances. A year of confidence and mens football hopefully means he can have a strong L2 season. 

Janneh I would send with GJ 100% though. Up a league and we have seen moving them up too fast can hurt them(Hinds). 

Same with Opi Edwards. 

Anyone know how Jonny Smith is getting on? Not seen anything lately but know he was having another fantastic season. Tranmere pushing for automatic promotion now and think he has been a big part. 

Like the look of him. Think he could be pushing to stay with our first team next season. Need to get him signed on to a new deal imo. We gave O’Dowda a 3+1 deal from L2 so think Smith should be offered similar

Archived