IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

On 15/04/2019 at 07:46, JonDolman said:

Just been thinking that if we had an on loan 11 as our under 23 side, surely we'd win most of our games.

Buse

Edwards Vyner  Moore   Pring

Evans  Morton

J.Smith     Bakinson      Holden

Janneh

Couldn't find room for Andrews, Hinds, Pearson and others.

Could beat the Gas with that lot.

On 14/04/2019 at 13:21, JonDolman said:

Definitely agree on Evans. League two loan for him, maybe to Newport. Not so sure on Andrews from all the games I've seen. Maybe him, Janneh and Opi Edwards stay at Torquay till January and loan them one more to make it the maximum of 4. Maybe James Morton would be a good loan for Torquay. MOTM for Bath yesterday. Looks a class holding midfielder.

Tranmere fans have been saying great things about Jonny. He has a decent number of assists and goals. But I think it's since he came back from an injury he hasn't been starting many games for a while.

I predict maybe a league one loan next season. Certainly has pace and skill that could be hard to cope with at league one level I reckon. I guess keeping him in our squad training with the first team has different benefits that could be a good move. But I always think playing minutes in a standard below beats training with better players.

I'd be surprised if he improved enough to be getting game time for us next season. But then again it's surprising how much a player can improve over the summer. So I hope him and other youths are away with the first team in preseason to be seriously looked at.

Jonnys done well scoring 5 and making 5 but got injured in Feb which put him out a few weeks, back fully fit for the last month and bit part playing although making his mark. In my opinion he should be starting ahead of Morris who is on loan from Walsall (same position) who has only scored once in 8 games.

Mellon is old school and prefers older players he should have left in Jan when he had better offers but felt loyal to Tranmere after doing so well.

Honest lad who gives his all, would think another step up to League 1 would def suit but has the ability and youth on his side to achieve what Joey Jones said he is capable of.

Gary

8 hours ago, Garycpos said:

Jonnys done well scoring 5 and making 5 but got injured in Feb which put him out a few weeks, back fully fit for the last month and bit part playing although making his mark. In my opinion he should be starting ahead of Morris who is on loan from Walsall (same position) who has only scored once in 8 games.

Mellon is old school and prefers older players he should have left in Jan when he had better offers but felt loyal to Tranmere after doing so well.

Honest lad who gives his all, would think another step up to League 1 would def suit but has the ability and youth on his side to achieve what Joey Jones said he is capable of.

Gary

I take it you'd rule him out of staying at Tranmere, even if they got promoted?

Hi All,

Our season's done and we survived by the skin of our teeth. Taylor was restored to the team for the last few games and with his inclusion so his form returned as well. Bags of enthusiasm, solid in the tackle, still a bit wayward with his passes but he has served us proud altogether during his loan, so many thanks to your club for that. He has certainly shown that he can mix it with the best and his speed across the ground is very impressive. Is he Championship level? I still don't know, but I guess you will have been monitoring his progress here. So, what do you think the chances are are of another loan for next season? I doubt very much we could afford to buy the guy, but you never know.

14 hours ago, Rootshallbloke said:

Hi All,

Our season's done and we survived by the skin of our teeth. Taylor was restored to the team for the last few games and with his inclusion so his form returned as well. Bags of enthusiasm, solid in the tackle, still a bit wayward with his passes but he has served us proud altogether during his loan, so many thanks to your club for that. He has certainly shown that he can mix it with the best and his speed across the ground is very impressive. Is he Championship level? I still don't know, but I guess you will have been monitoring his progress here. So, what do you think the chances are are of another loan for next season? I doubt very much we could afford to buy the guy, but you never know.

Talk here of multiple signings but also a few out goings. Where TM fits in that no one knows. Currently we have a surfeit of centre backs if everyone stays so he will need to have an amazing preseason to be in the first team plans.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Talk here of multiple signings but also a few out goings. Where TM fits in that no one knows. Currently we have a surfeit of centre backs if everyone stays so he will need to have an amazing preseason to be in the first team plans.

Like he was in August?

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Like he was in August?

Exactly, that injury he got was so badly timed, I guess he could have been playing alongside Webster and we could have spent the money for Kalas elsewhere in the squad. That's not knocking Kalas who has been excellent but it would have been nicer to see someone like Moore coming through and perhaps funds freed up for a striker in that window or January.

On 08/05/2019 at 11:55, marcofisher said:

Bakinson has only played 1 minute as a sub at the end of a game since the 15th March, anyone know what's happened there?

They have gone 10 games unbeaten perhaps their Manager feels like playing a settler side?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived