IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

As a Newport County supporter I have been very impressed with our recent loan signings from City. Last season Shawn McCoulsky was excellent and glad to see he has recovered from his health issue at the end of last season.  This season Antoine Semenyo looks a good prospect from the fairly limited game time I have seen of him so far.  The pick of the bunch though has to be Tyreeq Bakinson who's midfield performance on Tuesday against Notts County was superb. For someone relatively inexperienced it was a very composed performance with some great passing. Here's a few comments from our message board after that match.  http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46961

1 hour ago, countyexile said:

As a Newport County supporter I have been very impressed with our recent loan signings from City. Last season Shawn McCoulsky was excellent and glad to see he has recovered from his health issue at the end of last season.  This season Antoine Semenyo looks a good prospect from the fairly limited game time I have seen of him so far.  The pick of the bunch though has to be Tyreeq Bakinson who's midfield performance on Tuesday against Notts County was superb. For someone relatively inexperienced it was a very composed performance with some great passing. Here's a few comments from our message board after that match.  http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46961

There's some serious praise for him there. Makes me wonder why he isn't in and around our first team this season?!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

In place of who ? 

Well Korey now, but unfortunately, this ridiculous loan rule reduces our access to our own players one again. 

2 hours ago, countyexile said:

Really nice to see some well thought out posts there and an excellent looking forum by the way, really easy to read. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In place of who ? 

Well I was being slightly facetious, but as it happens a certain centre midfield player is somewhat injured at the minute. I'm not suggesting Bakinsom would start (though he may improve us if he did for all we know), just that he could be useful

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Well I was being slightly facetious, but as it happens a certain centre midfield player is somewhat injured at the minute. I'm not suggesting Bakinsom would start (though he may improve us if he did for all we know), just that he could be useful

I noticed that Johnson mentioned both Lemmonheigh-Evans and Morrell as being close to the bench for the QPR game, so maybe he feels those two are ahead of Bakinson at the moment.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I noticed that Johnson mentioned both Lemmonheigh-Evans and Morrell as being close to the bench for the QPR game, so maybe he feels those two are ahead of Bakinson at the moment.

I do actually think that the best place for Bakinson is wherever he's going to play games, but if he keeps getting those kind of reviews for Newport I do wonder we might be seeing him in the championship after Christmas. I really hope we have a couple more youngsters make a step forward this season, it's great to see them break in and thrive, a la Lloyd Kelly

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Took a quick look at the Rotherham forum- doesn't sound like he's doing too well thusfar unfortunately- though maybe he should be at CB.

http://boards.footymad.net/search.php?searchid=1146861&pp=

He will need strong character to go to probably the worst team in the division, play out of position and come back a better player. Hope he can turn it around but will be tough in a poor side. Personally would have loaned him back to a top L1 side or kept him. Though could be something in knowing what that situation feels like

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He will need strong character to go to probably the worst team in the division, play out of position and come back a better player. Hope he can turn it around but will be tough in a poor side. Personally would have loaned him back to a top L1 side or kept him. Though could be something in knowing what that situation feels like

I think a lower Championship side is a strong next step tbh. Working way up- yeah he's playing with poor players, but his own individual ratings, comfort in possession etc don't seem to be all that. Perhaps he should be at CB.

As you say though, definitely will need strong character.

On 04/08/2018 at 19:19, Port Said Red said:

Seconded.

Currently out of loan:

Jonny Smith - Tranmere Rovers (Season long loan
Jonny Smith provided the assist for Tranmere's second goal today. 

Zak Vyner - Rotherham United (Season long loan)
Played 90 minutes in 5-1 defeat at Brentford, could be a long season for him.

Antoine Semenyo - Newport County (January)
Came on after 56 minutes in their 3-0 defeat today

Tyreeq Bakinson - Newport County (January)
Unused Sub

Aden Baldwin - Cheltenham Town (January)
Played 56 minutes in their 1-0 defeat

Freddie Hinds - Wrexham (Season long loan) 
No sign of Hinds for Wrexham?

George Dowling - Eastleigh (January)
Unused sub in their 1-2 defeat

Jojo Wollacott - Truro City (January)
Tom Richards - Truro City (Month long loan)
Don't know if these two played but they lost 0-4 to Billericay Town 

James Morton - Bath City (January)
Played 90 minutes in a 1-2 defeat

George Nurse - Weston-Super-Mare (Month long loan) 
Played 90 minutes in their 4-1 defeat

Harvey Smith - Hereford (Month long loan)
Played 90 minutes in their 3-0 home win

Thanks for this, really good to know.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Many Newport fans giving Bakinson motm. Seems to be doing very well there. From the Newport forum:

Has to be Bakinson for me. Ability to bring ball under instant control from whatever angle it comes, class above anyone else on the field. Suggested Tues he needed to up his defensive qualities, which he certainly did today getting in some important tackles and intercepts. All round excellent performance.

Just looked  - of 15 posts (it’s a small forum!), 12 gave him MoM. 

More worryingly, lots of comparisons to Carlton Palmer.   ...

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

" Tyreque Bakinson looks like a Viera in the making (apologies if the spellings wrong Mr T) Very Classy midfielder destined for the top IMHO"

Bit better comparison than Palmer!

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I listened to our game on Radio Wales yesterday so got match reports from Newport and their reporter was raving about him, kept saying how he was running the show along with another lad they have in CM.

14 hours ago, !james said:

" Tyreque Bakinson looks like a Viera in the making (apologies if the spellings wrong Mr T) Very Classy midfielder destined for the top IMHO"

Bit better comparison than Palmer!

I would take a Carlton Palmer, underated player who played for England 18 times.

22 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Underrated player, very effective team player, did the hard work to let the ball players like Waddle flourish at Wednesday.  Played for England.  There are many times since we’ve gone up that I thought we needed a rangy, leggy midfielder to close those spaces, win it, and give it simply to a team mate.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Underrated player, very effective team player, did the hard work to let the ball players like Waddle flourish at Wednesday.  Played for England.  There are many times since we’ve gone up that I thought we needed a rangy, leggy midfielder to close those spaces, win it, and give it simply to a team mate.

I miss Marvin Elliott too!

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Skuse!

Archived