IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

Just watched Oldham v Newport. Awful game of football...truly terrible. Bakinson a spectator for a lot of the game with long balls from both teams being hit over him. 

When he did get on the ball he was generally disappointing when in midfield. Oldham closed him down quickly and he often gave the ball away. 

When he made forward runs and received the ball closer to goal, he was much more effective. Looks like a better number 10 than an 8 or 6.

One of those occasions he received the ball around edge of the box and slotted home nicely with his left foot. Good finish. 

He then did a decent job defending with the rest of the Newport team. Reminded me of JET at times with his languid style. Overall an average display but proved to be the match winner. Glimmers of play where you can see he will he a very good player though.

18 hours ago, RedDave said:

Just watched Oldham v Newport. Awful game of football...truly terrible. Bakinson a spectator for a lot of the game with long balls from both teams being hit over him. 

When he did get on the ball he was generally disappointing when in midfield. Oldham closed him down quickly and he often gave the ball away. 

When he made forward runs and received the ball closer to goal, he was much more effective. Looks like a better number 10 than an 8 or 6.

One of those occasions he received the ball around edge of the box and slotted home nicely with his left foot. Good finish. 

He then did a decent job defending with the rest of the Newport team. Reminded me of JET at times with his languid style. Overall an average display but proved to be the match winner. Glimmers of play where you can see he will he a very good player though.

His reputation going before him already? This is just the sort of thing that these loans are for, he will have to learn to Play under the heavy press if he wants to progress 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Holden starts for Barrow. Moore in for Southend but Mccoulsky still on bench. Pring and Semenyo back on bench for Newport with Bakinson in the side. No Smith in Tranmere squad. Edwards and Andrews in for Johnson snr first game with Torquay. 

Good start to the day City under 18s beat Cardiff 1-0, Day with the goal. 

Reckon barrow is a good loan spell for Holden, they play decent football and he’ll be a good addition for them, hoping we extend the loan deal so I can see him when I go up there in December 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Lemonheigh Evans has joined Torquay on loan. 4 of our players they have now. Come on you gulls.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Torquay 2-0 down after 40 minutes. GJ makes early double sub bringing on Evans and Janneh, so all 4 of our players on the pitch for second half. 

Smith scores for Tranmere.

Finished 2 2.

This is the description of their first goal. Apparently Opi Edwards had moved to right back to accommodate Janneh.

GOAL: Torquay United 1 Woking 2

Jamie Reid turns and scores after a great run and cross by Opi Edwards, who ran onto a clearance from Connor Lemonheigh-Evans. That was Torquay’s first shot on target of the game

Looking forward to seeing this one on The EFL show.

"Rovers added a third on 54 minutes when Jonny Smith struck a sweet left-foot curler past Roche from the edge of the Morecambe box."

I also found a report of Torquays cup game and it said Jake Andrews scored "with a bullet header".

Torquay are getting some nice easy draws so far in the FA Cup, it's handy money and good experience for our kids. I think Johnson snr must be pleased to get some match practice into his new boys 

From the Wrexham forum ?

I saw Freddie on Saturday he came out with rest of team after crowd had left for a warm down also with him was Burrows. Freddie was running freely and quickly looked on the surface as if he was fit. Laughing and joking with lads so I can confirm he exists and is still here got to be one of our biggest mysteries for a while. I was sober and wearing my glasses. Freddie is alive and well enjoying himself.

One other poster mentioned that they've got the maximum amount of loans in their matchday squad most games, so he's not even making their bench. They're also doing a lot better than expected so I guess it's tough for him to break into their squad currently.

Disappointing tbh, I hoped he'd really kick on this season. Will definitely be one to recall in January & send back out to someone else where he'll hopefully get game time.

Sounds like Bakinson is doing well. From a piece on him on the OS.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/a-great-experiencea-big-step-up-bakinson/

Tyreeq Bakinson is loving life in South Wales, with a number of outstanding performances on loan at Newport County.

The midfielder has completed all ten Sky Bet League Two matches which he has started this season, grabbing one goal and three assists in that time.

He has also claimed five man of the match performances, as he has taken his loan spell by storm.

McGoalsky and Moore not having much luck tonight. 2-0 down to Col U. Moore would have been rested but they are short of defenders.

9:12pm

Elvis' right wing cross finds McCoulsky. It looks like a certain goal but McCoulsky sends his header onto Eastman and it goes over for a corner. That kind of sums up Blues' night so far. Looked a certain goal. 

9:05pm

Moore heads McLaughlin's corner straight at Gilmartin 

Archived