IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

40 minutes ago, Rootshallbloke said:

Good afternoon all. Thought you might like to see  this, it  shows a poll currently running on our local paper's twitter page. Apart from that he is totally rubbish and the best thing that you can do is to give him to us permanently on a free and get him off your wage bill.

I'm interviewing Chris Phillips for a podcast this week. Going to chat to him all about Taylor Moore, I'm impressed by the many rave reviews he is getting. 

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'm interviewing Chris Phillips for a podcast this week. Going to chat to him all about Taylor Moore, I'm impressed by the many rave reviews he is getting. 

He is indeed having a great season in FL1. He has improved his surges from the back but he still often finds opposing players with his final release ball. That aside he's strong in the tackle and very quick across the ground. He's also benefiting from partnering Michael Turner the old ex Norwich and Hull warhorse. I guess it will be down to your scouts keeping an eye on him to decide if he can cut it at Championship level.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Said this the other day but it's been confirmed. Pring moved to Cheltenham on loan. Started his career there too.

If he can get a good bulk of games for them I think he could end up being 1 of our 2 left backs next season. 

He has a ridiculous amount of pace.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hope so. He looked brilliant against Shrewsbury and Bournemouth in pre season.

Another bit of news is that Forest Green are interested in loaning McCoulsky. He definitely needs a loan elsewhere, as he's barely played for Southend. 

Yeah no love for him at Southend. He needs to show all-round consistency really. FGR a good place for him, they're really doing well atm.

5 hours ago, Rootshallbloke said:

He is indeed having a great season in FL1. He has improved his surges from the back but he still often finds opposing players with his final release ball. That aside he's strong in the tackle and very quick across the ground. He's also benefiting from partnering Michael Turner the old ex Norwich and Hull warhorse. I guess it will be down to your scouts keeping an eye on him to decide if he can cut it at Championship level.

I said when he went there, playing alongside Turner would be good for him, as would being managed by Chris Powell.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Said this the other day but it's been confirmed. Pring moved to Cheltenham on loan. Started his career there too.

13 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Hope so. He looked brilliant against Shrewsbury and Bournemouth in pre season.

Another bit of news is that Forest Green are interested in loaning McCoulsky. He definitely needs a loan elsewhere, as he's barely played for Southend

Unfortunately that's because he has barely played for Southend when on the pitch. Maybe we have been using him in the wrong way but he tends to wait for things to happen rather than anticipating the moves. At the moment he bounces off FL1 centre backs rather than competing with them. He certainly has pace but he needs a bit more as well for his time with us to benefit both clubs. I'm sure he has talent otherwise you would have binned him by now and perhaps another spell in FL2 would help.

Hi all, Rochdale fan here. It appears that we've signed Rory Holden on loan till the end of the season. I can't really find much information about him apart from he played for Barrow 5 times. Is this guy highly rated at all or is there not much known about him? Also does anyone know what position he plays? 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Bit of a jump for the lad there. A month at Barrow which I think ended in injury? And now he jumps up 2 divisions. Lets hope he bangs in a few and keeps Rochdale above the gas. 

Wilbs is still there too. If young Rory`s got any sense he`ll try and learn what he can from a model professional like him. I reckon most things he had to say would be worth listening to.

5 hours ago, bread27 said:

Hi all, Rochdale fan here. It appears that we've signed Rory Holden on loan till the end of the season. I can't really find much information about him apart from he played for Barrow 5 times. Is this guy highly rated at all or is there not much known about him? Also does anyone know what position he plays? 

Not seen too much of him tbh mate. 

Think he’s an attacking midfielder & gets the odd goal for our u23s. 

Barrows form seemed to turn around whilst he was there. Still a huge jump into league one mind! Hopefully does well. 

13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Not seen too much of him tbh mate. 

Think he’s an attacking midfielder & gets the odd goal for our u23s. 

Barrows form seemed to turn around whilst he was there. Still a huge jump into league one mind! Hopefully does well. 

Nice one thanks, he can't be much worse then the garbage we've got at the minute. Hopefully he can turn our form around if he gets the chance. Zach Clough hasn't been given a chance to play in our first team so I can't see this lad getting a look in.  I'll come back to give my review of him if we ever seem him play 

1 hour ago, bread27 said:

Nice one thanks, he can't be much worse then the garbage we've got at the minute. Hopefully he can turn our form around if he gets the chance. Zach Clough hasn't been given a chance to play in our first team so I can't see this lad getting a look in.  I'll come back to give my review of him if we ever seem him play 

Technically he’s the best player in our current u23 set up imo. Still lightweight though so will need bulking up. He’s a terrific prospect though who could go to the top

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Technically he’s the best player in our current u23 set up imo. Still lightweight though so will need bulking up. He’s a terrific prospect though who could go to the top

Yea I like him. No expert but seen him play 3-4 times and always catches the eye. For me he is a 10 but imagine he could play either wing. Honestly, seems like a weird one. Maybe the manager likes what he sees and will take the risk of playing him for perhaps a good reward. I don’t expect too much from this loan move but 6 months at a L1 club and training will be a positive for him. 

On 03/01/2019 at 12:13, bread27 said:

Think it was reported on here that he put in some good performances in pre-season.

Is an attacking midfield player, but think he can play wide too.

55 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not in the squad, sadly. Presumably injured as I doubt we'd have prevented him from playing. 

Injured M8, he is absolutely gutted !! Got booted on the knee bone on Saturday against Macclesfield and it has swollen up quite badly ... they tried everything to get him fit ... he was hoping to get the nod from the Physio but failed fitness test...

6 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

Injured M8, he is absolutely gutted !! Got booted on the knee bone on Saturday against Macclesfield and it has swollen up quite badly ... they tried everything to get him fit ... he was hoping to get the nod from the Physio but failed fitness test...

I am so sorry for him. He played such a big part in getting the club to this game only to miss it, he must be devastated. Don`t let his head drop though - his chance will come again, hopefully many more times.

14 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

That's a shame, bet he was looking forward to it so much.

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm off to Dulwich Hamlet v Bath today. Can't imagine Hinds will start, guess there's a chance he may be on the bench. Will look out for him and Morton.

He was Mediocre. Just some gentle midfield Ness. A decent ball caused trouble for Bath's goal but otherwise distribution was standard And nowt more.

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Chance to see Semenyo on tv in 30 mins, starts vs. Leicester in the FA Cup. Bakinson on bench. Also we need to add Holden and Pring’s loans to the original post on this thread. 

Gwaan Antoine.

Lets hope he has a better day than Zak Vyner. :facepalm:

18 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He was Mediocre. Just some gentle midfield Ness. A decent ball caused trouble for Bath's goal but otherwise distribution was standard And nowt more.

I'd had more than a few beers when I wrote this.

A bit more detail now the hangover has worn off.

Morton played ok in a fairly low quality game. He played centre mid in 442 and player the entire 90. He got stuck in with some tackles but too often tried an ambitious pass that didn't connect and so conceded possession. The assist to the assist for Bath's first goal was his best moment and was a nice ball.

Must admit I don't know how old he is but he didn't look out of place in men's football. I got the feeling that he could play a level or two above most of his teammates and opposition and it was perhaps this that meant he tried passes that his teammates didn't anticipate. 

Also. He was the only player in flash yellow boots. Very big time Charlie at Champion Hill!

@Shtanley for Loanee Planet.

23 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Chance to see Semenyo on tv in 30 mins, starts vs. Leicester in the FA Cup. Bakinson on bench. Also we need to add Holden and Pring’s loans to the original post on this thread. 

Gwaan Antoine.

I was hoping  Bakinson would start, hope he comes on. Semenyo 19 tomorrow I think they said, goal for his birthday would be nice.

Archived