IGNORED

Joao carvalho

MC RISK77

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Anyone else worried forest will look very good tomorrow and this guy will run the show.

i saw earlier net spend in championship forest have a 21m net spend next largest is 6m.

would take a point tomorrow as think forest will be up there

Packy will have him in his pocket.

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Anyone else worried forest will look very good tomorrow and this guy will run the show.

i saw earlier net spend in championship forest have a 21m net spend next largest is 6m.

would take a point tomorrow as think forest will be up there

Remind me how much that Man U team was worth back in December  

Maybe we're playing them at the right time MC R? I've little doubt that they've bought quality but that quality haven't been exposed to the mad world of the Championship yet. All the pre season friendlies in the world won't prepare them for tomorrow when the game's at 100mph. Playing them first might just be to our benefit.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Maybe we're playing them at the right time MC R? I've little doubt that they've bought quality but that quality haven't been exposed to the mad world of the Championship yet. All the pre season friendlies in the world won't prepare them for tomorrow when the game's at 100mph. Playing them first might just be to our benefit.

agreed.

Took Newcastle a fair few games to get to grips with the championship, once they did they were good. Hopefully Forest will struggle to click to start with.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

But you can’t just say that Man U game because it wasn’t their full starting eleven that had been playing as much as we all loved it,take your City blinkers off

Marlon Pack bested Paul Pogba, who wasn't cheap. Given that the thread title refers to Carvalho, implying we should be scared of him because he cost a lot of money, that seems a reasonable comparison.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Marlon Pack bested Paul Pogba, who wasn't cheap. Given that the thread title refers to Carvalho, implying we should be scared of him because he cost a lot of money, that seems a reasonable comparison.

Refers to Carvalho playing in the best forest side they can produce I read it as,not just a Prem side mix and matching  

22 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Remind me how much that Man U team was worth back in December  

Different thing tho VV

Their arrogance and attitude stunk that night , and they paid for it

Forest in first away game of season with big away following will be a different thing entirely IMHO

I've had a quick look at Carvahlo's history and am convinced that Forest got seriously mugged off with this one. The guy has been sold on the basis that he's probably the next Neves (and for the same money) but he's got nowhere near the pedigree that Neves had. Neves was a full international and had been playing for Porto's first team for the previous two seasons!! This guy has played a total of 9 games for the Benfica first team!! We'll see how he does but on paper Forest have overpaid to the tune of about £10 million. For the same money they could have bought proven Championship quality - big gamble - let's hope it doesn't work out for them.

2 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

I've had a quick look at Carvahlo's history and am convinced that Forest got seriously mugged off with this one. The guy has been sold on the basis that he's probably the next Neves (and for the same money) but he's got nowhere near the pedigree that Neves had. Neves was a full international and had been playing for Porto's first team for the previous two seasons!! This guy has played a total of 9 games for the Benfica first team!! We'll see how he does but on paper Forest have overpaid to the tune of about £10 million. For the same money they could have bought proven Championship quality - big gamble - let's hope it doesn't work out for them.

I agree with this. Everyone is saying Forest are the next Wolves because they signed some young Portuguese players, but Carvalho and Goncalves aren't of the same quality as Neves and Jota from what I can see. Forest have certainly signed some decent players, but I'm not sure they're to be feared- especially first game of the season

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

And I thought we looked comfortable at home to wolves even before sending off, and came very close to beating them away. On our day we can beat or at least draw with anyone at this level. 

No question on that. We play some lovely football at times. Our problem has been consistency and strength in character to pick ourselves up during a tough stretch. 

5 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I agree with this. Everyone is saying Forest are the next Wolves because they signed some young Portuguese players, but Carvalho and Goncalves aren't of the same quality as Neves and Jota from what I can see. Forest have certainly signed some decent players, but I'm not sure they're to be feared- especially first game of the season

Gil Dias on loan is their key player imo. Monaco player I believe and think he played a fair bit at Fiorentina last season. Not a bad side. Much more of a gamble from Forest than Wolves. 

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Different thing tho VV

Their arrogance and attitude stunk that night , and they paid for it

Forest in first away game of season with big away following will be a different thing entirely IMHO

Forest will fancy turning us over tomorrow that's for sure . Net spend of 21million , double European champions , we're on our way back to the glory days .....but come 5 o clock in my opinion they'll be disappointed. 

Archived