IGNORED

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day 1

All aboard for another rollercoaster marathon season. Since I have just attended my own marriage, my first I hasten to add, i am excusing myself a long winded thread opening; many historical facts have been written of todays opponents and pretty much all other teams in this league so it is time to reflect on other equally interesting subject matters that should become apparent soon, perhaps by match day 2.

A tough opener but as my new wife says, its 'all about the ball' which i guess means the same as 'its 11 v 11'. So come on City, a home win if you please.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

All aboard for another rollercoaster marathon season. Since I have just attended my own marriage, my first I hasten to add, i am excusing myself a long winded thread opening; many historical facts have been written of todays opponents and pretty much all other teams in this league so it is time to reflect on other equally interesting subject matters that should become apparent soon, perhaps by match day 2.

A tough opener but as my new wife says, its 'all about the ball' which i guess means the same as 'its 11 v 11'. So come on City, a home win if you please.

Is she still looking for the other one Hav?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now I know that the season has really started, thank you Havantopial.

Congratulations on your marriage.

It seems wrong that the season kicks off whilst it's 38 Centigrade outside and the whiff of meat burning on barbecues is heavy in the Mediterranean air.

Let's hope we put out the Forest fire and that our new boys hit the ground running .

We looking for heroes.

Nice to share with you all again the highs and downs of this wonderful game.

Come on your Reds .

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Sounds like appraising the Forest was more arduous than you anticipated. :whistle2:

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

You mad fool....but congrats anyway!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

That must be the shortest match thread going and hopefully BigTone can give a good condensed version!  Congrats on the marriage Hav and best wishes for the future. I hope Mrs H actually appreciates that you are really married to BCFC and she will for various periods of 90 minutes each week just be expected to pick you up off the floor or listen to you screaming with joy. Hope it is the latter this season.

COYR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

@havanatopia - you said it’s a tough opener. Are you referring to the match or your marriage? Just remember, it’s just the first 50 years of marriage that are difficult. After that it gets easier. 

Actually both I suppose you could say!! I am told Filipinas make decent wives; she is at least a City fan, good start, and brother who flew out brought her a shirt, albeit the collared one from 3 years ago but she was grateful none the less.. showing class already.

46 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

You mad fool....but congrats anyway!

narhhhh.. had a few near misses so it was definitely time.

34 minutes ago, Neo said:

Can you get married every week? - I actually read that. I don’t come on a football forum for the works of Shakespeare after all.

P.S. - congrats and long happy life to you both :yawn:

I'll try to keep it up.. on second thoughts..! Cheers tho, much obliged.

6 minutes ago, mikep said:

That must be the shortest match thread going and hopefully BigTone can give a good condensed version!  Congrats on the marriage Hav and best wishes for the future. I hope Mrs H actually appreciates that you are really married to BCFC and she will for various periods of 90 minutes each week just be expected to pick you up off the floor or listen to you screaming with joy. Hope it is the latter this season.

COYR.

She has obliged this evening by departing for her family home overnight so i can have an unadulterated football night win or lose. She actually cannot wait to attend her first match hopefully Stoke away... best get her wrapped up for that one. 

Thanks a lot and equally to everyone else for their wishes. Funny, met her days after Dad died in Oct 2016; romantically she says he sent her to keep me from being downhearted.  I am buying that one on this occasion.

90 minutes to kick off... life is good again!!

• Like 3