IGNORED

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day 1

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

All aboard for another rollercoaster marathon season. Since I have just attended my own marriage, my first I hasten to add, i am excusing myself a long winded thread opening; many historical facts have been written of todays opponents and pretty much all other teams in this league so it is time to reflect on other equally interesting subject matters that should become apparent soon, perhaps by match day 2.

A tough opener but as my new wife says, its 'all about the ball' which i guess means the same as 'its 11 v 11'. So come on City, a home win if you please.

Congratulations to you both...

Let's hope you start with three points!

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Seems it may be just me who remembers LJ saying 'Taylor Moore? More like Bobby Moore' after one of his early appearances. Before he got the old heave-ho off on loan treatment.

No, I remember it, but he didn't change Taylor Moores name any deed poll.

He made a jokey comment based on the potential he thinks Taylor has. The key word being potential.

And "heave-ho off on loan", really?

Do you not think that allowing the younger players, who aren't quite ready for our side, to get game time elsewhere and develop so they can come back a better player is a good idea then?

Edited by JamesBCFC
1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:
  • 1Pantilimon
  • 27Darikwa
  • 20Dawson
  • 4Fox
  • 11Osborn
  • 8Watson
  • 5Guédioura
  • 31Bastião Dias
  • 10Antunes Carvalho
  • 19Cupido Goncalves
  • 9Murphy

That is quite a team. 

Pricks to a man. In to em the mighty reds.

LJ's Threshing Machine 3-2 Poundland Wolves.

• Haha 2

Definitely a 4-4-1-1 I would imagine. Patterson to float & get on the ball. But you also know he will work when not in possession. Can see some swapping as the game progresses, O’dowda & Elliasson. Surprised that Korey isn’t starting, but noticed he didn’t start against Bournemouth. COYR 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It probably isn’t, but feasibly that lineup could be a 433 - O’Dowda or Paterson, Brownhill and Pack central - Eliasson, O’Dowda or Paterson wide. Weimann as centre forward.

More likely a 4411/451 though I think. Paterson playing behind Weimann with Eliasson and O’Dowda wide.

Might suit Paterson playing there.

Yeah, I could see Paterson, Weimann and Eliasson having fairly free roles up front and O'Dowda and Brownhill playing either side of Pack and pushing forward. It's an attacking line up, however you arrange them

PS many congratulations @havanatopia, though glad you got your priorities right and still knocked up a match thread on this very important day (by which I mean the first day of the season, of course)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1