IGNORED

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day 1

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wtf

Sarcasm abound

That makes a change eh

Whilst you make comments on others opinions ....

Did you watch the match out of interest James

Not sarcasm.

Exaggeration to make a point.

Unless we win 5-0 and dominate from start to finish then the usual suspects are on here saying "we're doomed"

Again, a slight exaggeration, but not much.

Commenting on others opinions, where?

I said I find EMBs reports are generally of a more negative tone than how I see them. That's not a criticism of EMB, but an acknowledgement of how he and I see things differently. I then went on to say how his report of today gave me positives to take away.

Was I there today, unfortunately not, I had work, and am back there again later so couldnt make it work timewise, but I been commenting on the result, not the performance, and amazingly (sarcasm) I was able to know the result without being there.

I did however hear from the radio as I was walking home from my first shift (during the second half until the end of the game) that we were good value for the goal when we were ahead and a while after, but that Forest then became the better side and perhaps shaded the match.

I will watch the game once it is on BCTV, and give my thoughts on the performance of individuals at that point. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sarcasm.

Unless we win 5-0 and dominate from start to finish then the usual suspects are on here saying "we're doomed"

I said I find EMBs reports are generally of a more negative tone than how I see them. That's not a criticism of EMB, but an acknowledgement of how he and I see things differently. I then went on to say how his report of today gave me positives to take away.

Was I there today, unfortunately not, I had work, and am back there again later so couldnt make it work timewise, but I been commenting on the result, not the performance, and amazingly (sarcasm) I was able to know the result without being there.

I did however hear from the radio as I was walking home from my first shift (during the second half until the end of the game) that we were good value for the goal when we were ahead and a while after, but that Forest then became the better side and perhaps shaded the match.

I will watch the game once it is on BCTV, and give my thoughts on the performance of individuals at that point. 

So you heard the warliss from the second half and feel you know better than people who watched it,what a belter 

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sarcasm.

Sarcasm abound James

More ‘drama’ 

Straight on anyone who doesn’t wave the red flag vigorously

Your immediate response to the criticisms was that it was people who want Johnson away from here with the inference ‘ignore them’

Whether you agree with those who have praised or criticised to constantly stoke the fire with your sarcasm (Getting a bit wearing post after post , every day tbh) is a bit crass when you havnt seen  the game or performance theyre commenting on ( albeit fwiw I don’t personally agree with some of the extreme comments about the performance)

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Thanks 1

You could see Forest have a decent team this season and expectedly so, with the money they have spent. Their passing was better than ours.

I thought City played well for the first 20 mins and didn't let Forest settle, but it was always going to be difficult to keep that tempo going in the heat.

I think Forest will be challenging this season and City will not be in trouble

Johnson needs to work out what his best starting 11 is quickly, because I thought our midfield went missing until Korey Smith came on and Patterson looked ineffective today. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Liked the Centre Halves splitting and Pack dropping in between to receive the ball

Not sure when Korey came on why he was then designated that role 

Pack is better at it and Koreys energy would have been far more useful higher

I liked Pack dropping back to form the three and you are right - Korey should have been used further up. It’s clearly something they have worked on and I want to see more. If the full backs push up to support the midfield it might work well

Energy levels were dropping to be fair on a hot day. Weimann ran and ran. Some good bits, some bad bits

ill take a draw all day long 

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So you heard the warliss from the second half and feel you know better than people who watched it,what a belter 

No.

You've read what you wanted to there.

Have a look at the last bit again

I havent said I know better than anyone at any point either, so dont start making up lies.

48 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

A new OTIB personal best. Some fans have thrown in the towel after ONE game (which we did not even lose). 

So, to beat the record, someone is going to have to post “we are bound to get relegated” after a pre season friendly next year. 

It's acceptable to criticise a poor performance, first game or last.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well I can think of quite a few worse performances and boy there is a lot to choose from.

Bit moot because I don’t think he is a starter long term anyway but not sure I have ever seen him so annonymous. I have seen plenty where he gets on the ball and gives it away but not one where he had so few touches. For Pato to be effective he needs to be on the ball and today, playing centrally, barely touched it. 

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I liked Pack dropping back to form the threeand you are right - Korey should have been used further up. It’s clearly something they have worked on and I want to see more. If the full backs push up to support the midfield it might work well

Energy levels were dropping to be fair on a hot day. Weimann ran and ran. Some good bits, some bad bits

ill take a draw all day long 

It is the way a lot of sides who want to pass out do it and is seen as ‘the way to do it ‘ and in Pack we have , IMHO a ideal type of player to do that exact role, brave and relaxed on the ball , good passing range

Why I was so bemused when Korey took over that role - not as relaxed on ball or as good a passer

What Korey gives you Is Game reading and energy , a terrier and ironically we broke a couple of times late on and Marlon found himself in a good position but just didn’t have the legs or burst of pace to exploit them whereas Korey with his energy and little bursts could have

A strange one 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Funny enough i can’t be arsed to scroll through your posts because I’m not a kid,get back to work and give us all a break from your whining nonsense 

Funny enough I never said it, so you wouldnt be able to highlight it.

Hence "you read what you wanted to".

As for the last bit.

1. I'm between shifts, so not working at the moment.

2. I'm being crushed by the sheer amount of irony.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Bit moot because I don’t think he is a starter long term anyway but not sure I have ever seen him so annonymous. I have seen plenty where he gets on the ball and gives it away but not one where he had so few touches. For Pato to be effective he needs to be on the ball and today, playing centrally, barely touched it. 

Again your comments amaze me because, I cannot think of another person who believes he is better out wide and not a starter long term really?, I cannot recall him being dropped much at all last season and I fully expect him to start at Bolton next week, that is what happened for most of last season, I don't see it changing this season.

Also playing him wide?, at least Eliasson (who has improved) and COD are some help defensively, Paterson is a liability.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Funny enough I never said it, so you wouldnt be able to highlight it.

Hence "you read what you wanted to".

As for the last bit.

1. I'm between shifts, so not working at the moment.

2. I'm being crushed by the sheer amount of irony.

1.i know that because I read your posts and your working later hence I said get back to work

2.Sarcasm is not your friend 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sarcasm abound James

More ‘drama’ 

Straight on anyone who doesn’t wave the red flag vigorously

Your immediate response to the criticisms was that it was people who want Johnson away from here with the inference ‘ignore them’

Whether you agree with those who have praised or criticised to constantly stoke the fire with your sarcasm (Getting a bit wearing post after post , every day tbh) is a bit crass when you havnt seen  the game or performance theyre commenting on ( albeit fwiw I don’t personally agree with some of the extreme comments about the performance)

That's because it was an observation I had made.

It was meant with an edge of humour, but also truth in it- one of the people had literally said about their dislike of Johnson on this thread.

Evidently you didnt see it the way it was intended, and yes it was a little bit snarky.

I'm not on the case of anyone "who doesnt wave the red flag vigourously", I get on the case of those who are incessantly doommongering.

Once again- other than a very, brief mention of "we were on top, then Forest were on top" (something that has also been said by multiple others on here) I havent commented on the performance at all.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Again your comments amaze me because, I cannot think of another person who believes he is better out wide and not a starter long term really?, I cannot recall him being dropped much at all last season and I fully expect him to start at Bolton next week, that is what happened for most of last season, I don't see it changing this season.

Also playing him wide?, at least Eliasson (who has improved) and COD are some help defensively, Paterson is a liability.

If it helps EMB I think  his place is looking in danger

COD has shown last season his qualities , and his immediate inclusion after injury today shows LJs thoughts on him :, Elliasson was excellent first half and against Bour;enough and IMHO looks a much better player than he did last season

And I can’t see Diedhiou or Weimann missing out to Patterson

Thats ignoring any impact Watkins or Adelukan may have 

Think he needs to up his game / contribution as I’m not sure where he starts when Famara is back

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Liked the Centre Halves splitting and Pack dropping in between to receive the ball

Not sure when Korey came on why he was then designated that role 

Pack is better at it and Koreys energy would have been far more useful higher

Surely Pack's passing is why he should be the more forward player, Smith made 3 timely tackles one was brilliant when they were attacking in our box, Smith is far better at that IMO.

• Like 1

Hard to decide what's more annoying, a few people having a moan after a game, or the same few suspects every bloody thread then endlessly moaning about the moaners. Pretty sure at this point those posts outweigh the actual doom and gloom merchants quite heavily at this point.

And now I'm moaning about the people moaning about the moaners. 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If it helps EMB I think  his place is looking in danger

COD has shown last season his qualities , Elliasson was excellent first half and looks a much better player than he did last season

And I can’t see Diedhiou or Weimann missing out to Patterson

Thats ignoring any impact Watkins or Adelukan may have 

Think he needs to up his game / contribution as I’m not sure where he starts when Famara is back

I thought that last season mate but LJ found a way of shoehorning him in, but as ever I live in hope.

33 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I know you were, I wasn't trying to defend myself, I was actually trying to defend you because I believe that you are correct this time.

Personally I don't care what people think about my reports, I try to be as honest as I can based on what I have just witnessed, I don't have an overriding need to be right either, because all I am interested in is seeing City progress but until we see consistency for me it will be the same old same old, I don't really have favourites within the team (I am a bit too old for that) and I know it might be difficult to believe but I don't dislike Paterson but I cannot see what over the now past 23 games he gives us I really don't, but I would love to see him tear up like some people believe that he did earlier last season, I am fed up about hearing about some of our players 'there is a good player in there', I can only judge in the here and now.

RE first bit.

Yep, crossed wires on my part, sorry.

I think I'm used to disagreeing with you :laugh:

RE second bit (the Paterson part)

It's a conundrum. I do think you are a bit harsh on him, but the general point you make is absolutely true with his dramatic drop off in form post illness.

I think, even while in this poor form he has had spells where he still creates chances, but he goes missing much more often.

He has had consistancy issues throughout his career, but at his age that shouldnt be the case any more. At the moment he wouldnt be in my first choice 11, but with Diedhiou out for another 5 games it is a tougher decision.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I hate asking myself why do you care 

This sounds like a Tommy Cooper joke:

“I went to the doctor the other day,
I said 'it hurts when I do that'
he said ' well don't do it' “

If you hate asking yourself questions, don’t do it! 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Surely Pack's passing is why he should be the more forward player, Smith made 3 timely tackles one was brilliant when they were attacking in our box, Smith is far better at that IMO.

Understand what you’re getting at EMB  :thumbsup: and that’s the dilemna

We want IMHO , Pack getting the ball and being the conductor and Smiths energy pressing high

But it would also be ideal to have Pack passing balls around their box and Korey as a defensive safety net when we get broken in as , if the defence are in the ***** , as you rightly point out it’s normally Smith that bales us out

If we are going to play out then Pack (IMHO) needs to be in close contact with keeper / Centre Halves at that point 

That’s the dilemna

Of course a Great passer who tackles like a terrier and has lots of energy , covers ground ,and has real bite would be good, !!!!!!!

and cost a lot of money !!

Welcome to the Club  Mr Smith-Pack ;)

or perhaps we could clone them and have two pairs of them !!

;)

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

Random thoughts:

Reasonable first game.  Nothing to write home about, nothing to worry about either.

Probably watching two teams who will trouble neither end of the table.

Eliasson has come on a bit - fantastic crossing, needs to work on winning throws/corners and getting stuck in.

Bryan looked below his usual standards at left back - should be playing left midfield if we're going 4 at the back.

We missed Diedhiou or some muscle up front.

Smith has to start.  He's the leader.

None of the signings looked out of place, maybe we had a summer where we didn't drop a bollock.

Webster looked a ball player, Weimann worked hard as expected but shouldn't play up top on his own and Mäenpää looked fine.

Hunt was a bit nervy and needs to settle a bit.

Baker had a poor game and the back four overall need time to become a unit.

Not sure why Taylor came on ahead of Eisa.

Unless Watkins is it we still need a real playmaker in midfield as a matter of priority.

It was hot.

• Like 2