IGNORED

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day 1

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok , disappointed not to win but a draw is a fair result .

Forest look like they could be a very good team this year.

Our keeper had a sound game .

Defence not to shabby , again midfield lacked guile .

Elliason, O'Dowda , good games.

Paterson , oh dear ! 

I thought in fairness when we were under pressure we kept our shape as well as we have done for a while...apart from their goal of course.

Paterson on the day the worst player out there. Elliason and CoD, good first half, particularly Elliason. Pack doing what he needed to quietly, and the new goalie looked solid enough. Very much work in progress it seemed. Forest deserved the win a little more than us, but equally could have gone in a couple up. It is what it is. A game in the first half of last season we would have won, and in the second most likely have lost. Had to dig in a bit for the point.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok , disappointed not to win but a draw is a fair result .

Forest look like they could be a very good team this year.

Our keeper had a sound game .

Defence not to shabby , again midfield lacked guile .

Elliason, O'Dowda , good games.

Paterson , oh dear ! 

Elliason and O’Dowda has good games? Yeah, that’s why they were taken off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I thought in fairness when we were under pressure we kept our shape as well as we have done for a while...apart from their goal of course.

Paterson on the day the worst player out there. Elliason and CoD, good first half, particularly Elliason. Pack doing what he needed to quietly, and the new goalie looked solid enough. Very much work in progress it seemed. Forest deserved the win a little more than us, but equally could have gone in a couple up. It is what it is.

Far too rational, don't you realise we have been relegated on day one?

Mind you at least West Brom have gone down with us. ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

why cant we look like we are going to be a very good team like Forest...ask yourself...do you see a difference..between them and us?

They looked more direct , more aggressive  in attack.

We, and of course it's early days , looked disjointed in attack .

We hardly troubled their keeper . 

Still it is way too early to write off our chances and I'm happy that we are off the mark with a point .

8 minutes ago, swanker said:

Elliason and O’Dowda has good games? Yeah, that’s why they were taken off!

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

They were two of the worst on the pitch

Really?  COD was ineffective for me, but Eliasson was good outlet for me, looked sharp and his corners were excellent (unlike Pack & Brownhill who just gave their keeper catching practice with corners once Eliasson was taken off). Just a shame Eliasson not given the ball more for me.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 4

I have to say I am sort of OK with what I saw today, after starting the 2nd half surrendering midfield and shipping the inevitable goal by the hour mark I feared the worst and expected our midfield to completely crumble but the introduction of Smith and Taylor strengthened our midfield assisted by the removal of Paterson.

I hope that for the next game LJ starts with Taylor rather than Paterson, he offered nothing today apart from putting into trouble and Smith for COD.

The keeper looks ok, I must say I quite like Hunt, he is robust and just keeps going, perhaps what people don't like about him is that he looks a little ungainly, Webster is quality, Baker is quality but sometimes is far too casual, Joe had a mixed game but mostly good, Eliasson tired towards the end but he has improved and will continue to improve, I hope that LJ shows him the same sort of patience that he shows Paterson. Brownhill was my MOM he played well throughout, Pack excellent in the first half, really poor for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and excellent from then to the end, ODowda does not look fit to me. Wiemann what an engine we might not miss Reid as much as people think.

Smith one very loose pass but some great interceptions at very important times, we need him to start. Taylor as I said offers far more than Paterson and his link up play is far better.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, swanker said:

What, you think O’Dowda had a good game? 

You should have heard the comments from the people sat near me!

he did nothing second half !

No O’dowda wasnt the best but you lumped Eli in your statement as well which is clearly nonsense,if you don’t get the balls to wingers then what’s the point .As for the people sat next to you then they were Pissed I expect 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
5 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

@Esmond Million's Bung were you at the game today? If so, was our midfield non-existent as normal?

I watched on BCTV.

Our midfield was great for most of the first half Pack was excellent all game apart from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, Brownhill was my MOM I thought he was our best player and probably the best player on the pitch, COD not really in the game maybe not fit, Eliasson started well but tired in the last 20 minutes he was on but his defensive work was much better.

What was different with our midfield today was that after a really poor first 15 minutes in the 2nd half we managed to get back our composure and looked good again, normally I would have expected our midfield to have totally caved in, but we need Smith to start IMO.

The minus for me was we still lack a player to unlock defences.