IGNORED

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We meaning SL presumably. Good of you to spend it for him though.

Personally I prefer a club that plays by the rules, doesn't have a dubious owner and doesn't have a relationship with any shady so called super agent.

But I appreciate some fans would welcome any passing oligarch or dictator if they were prepared to gamble with the club's future. Perhaps a Jordanian 'billionaire' is the answer?

Here we go,the it’s not your money nonsense is so boring now,all I said was if he wanted to he could if you got your knickers in a twist over that then have a kip or sumat 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And the positive people are banging on about forest spent money as a excuse 

Spending bucket loads on players well beyond our financial reach didn't make any difference to Wolves' season last year then?

Not an excuse - a reason.

On bus home from the game.

I would have taken  point at the start of the game, so  it too disappointed.

What a difference Smith made when he came on though, not least from an organisational point of view. 

I think it's fair to say playing brownhlll,O'Dowda,Ellison, and Patterson was an experiment that didn't really work.

Plus points- New keeper did ok. Hunt was an upgrade at rb. Eliasons deliveries in the first half were excellent. I also thought pack had a good game.

Minuses- Bryan carrying on his form from the end of last season. He seemed not really with it today.

Webster bringing the ball out of defence. Looked like an accident waiting to happen. Plus he ducked out of a few challenges today.

Brownhill and pack in the centre just does work. Brownhill looked a lot better when shifted to the right.

Patterson- not sure what was going on today with him. Have the ball away badly when they hit the post.

O'Dowda/eliason - you can play one or the either, not both. Defensively hunt was massively exposed in the first half. By having Eliason playing in front of him.

One thing is for sure. Although forest have invested in some interesting players; they are no way a Wolves for this season. Nervous at the back; and lacking a bit in the middle of the park.

Edited by ncnsbcfc

I am usually more positive but it was a dull match. Some positives and some negatives. Just felt like that will be our season. Not great but not awful and we will finish midtable. I am ok with that. Our biggest hope to bettering that is Diedhiou. If comes back into it fit and firing then we could be dangerous but don’t see enough options to be a promotion side. Not enough goals or creativity but a well organised side who can play up to opposition. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Vast majority of those being extrenely negative are those who openly dislike LJ.

Surely just a coincidence

I still remain unconvinced by LJ, mainly because I fear that consistency from his teams will always be a problem.

However I did see several things today that were different and impressive and hopefully something that we can build on.

But I hope that playing Paterson come what may is not going to be the norm again this season, he has started the season in the same form as he left the last 22 games of last season and could have cost us the game on 3 occasions in 15 minutes during the 1st half.

I did not see the same beauty in Forest that some seem to have seen but maybe that is just another stick to hit LJ with.

I am reasonably happy, just a few tweaks for me and of course a creative midfielder who can unlock defences because that is one thing we do not have anywhere on the books.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And the positive people are banging on about forest spent money as a excuse 

No they arent.

Them spending money has been mentioned, but not as an excuse in any way.

To look at Forests signings and suggest they will be around the top end come May is not an unreasonable thought process, so the reality is we got a draw against a good side.

Our performance dropped off after a bit, Forest werent at it from the start- both sides showing that the new players and old havent completely settled into knowing each others game inside out yet, which is to be expected.

It is a decent result all told, albeit a little disappointing given we were ahead.

6 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Say what you think rather than what you are supposed to think....not many do or will

Absolute horseshit.  Why do the grumpies, the eeyores, think that being down on everything is evidence that only they are being accurate or truthful, while EVERYBODY else cannot possibly believe what they say, but must be dupes of unspecified others?  

Here's news for you,  being a misery doesn't necessarily make you credible, or brave, or Insightful, but if you do it with 70%, 80%, 90% of your posts, it does point you out as a habitual misery. Equally, it is perfectly possible to think that everything is turning to crud, and actually believe that fro mthe evidence of your own eyes, not because it's because what someone else has told you to think.

Not saying you don't have the right to your analysis, but don't dress it up as bravery or moral strength.

Rant over.....

• Like 9

Typical opening game. We looked good first half, tired and mentally fatigued second- not surprising given how we play. 

We looked match sharpness, a bit of playing time together and a Famara away from being a very good side to me.  I'm optimistic after that, even though I could have napped for the last 30 minutes. 

Bryan, he looked like he was going through the motions throughout unfortunately. Paterson ought to have played his way on to the bench too. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I still remain unconvinced by LJ, mainly because I fear that consistency from his teams will always be a problem.

However I did see several things today that were different and impressive and hopefully something that we can build on.

But I hope that playing Paterson come what may is not going to be the norm again this season, he has started the season in the same form as he left the last 22 games of last season and could have cost us the game on 3 occasions in 15 minutes during the 1st half.

I did not see the same beauty in Forest that some seem to have seen but maybe that is just another stick to hit LJ with.

I am reasonably happy, just a few tweaks for me and of course a creative midfielder who can unlock defences because that is one thing we do not have anywhere on the books.

I generally find your reports to reflect on the game a bit more negatively than my own, but that is simply a matter of opinions.

However with your report on the game today you werent particularly negative and did say a few positives, but did highlight some concerns (not a criticism at all, but a good thing).

So I actually took your thoughts on the game as a positive thing.

I was more referring to the likes of Keepuplino and Wolf who have been open saying they still dont want LJ here (or words to that effect) being among the most critical today.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No they arent.

Them spending money has been mentioned, but not as an excuse in any way.

To look at Forests signings and suggest they will be around the top end come May is not an unreasonable thought process, so the reality is we got a draw against a good side.

Our performance dropped off after a bit, Forest werent at it from the start- both sides showing that the new players and old havent completely settled into knowing each others game inside out yet, which is to be expected.

It is a decent result all told, albeit a little disappointing given we were ahead.

Then why is their spending even mentioned if it isn’t a excuse,apart from that I agree with your post

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Missed Diedhiou today. Thought that was a huge difference. Pato still better as a wide option imo. Bit deeper and easier for him to find space. Maybe start against lesser teams who look to get behind the ball and defend deep. 

COD didn’t look quite right but got some good minutes. Thought Pack and Brownhill were good but Watson and Guediora were better. 

I'm sorry mate I really cannot let that go.

The woeful form of Paterson in the final 22 games of last season was blamed by his glee club as being because he is a 'number 10' and not and never will be a wide player which where he played those 22 games, today he played 'number 10' and you claim that he is better as a wide option?????

Would have taken a point beforehand so no issues with the final score

In fact I’d say we got away with one

What concerned me was as soon as we conceded the momentum of the game completely changed and under pressure in terms of the game momentum , and their pressing  , our method of play and gameplan went completely out the window a la January onwards , players kicking it long , and anywhere , and loing composure and bravery on the ball , not helped by a complete lack of movement from their teammates - We turned into a shambles second half but at least dug in for a point

A really good side or Forest later in season would have put us away 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Then why is their spending even mentioned if it isn’t a excuse,apart from that I agree with your post

Because one of the perenially suicidal asked the difference between us and Forest.

Someone answered "about £25m in transfer fees"

Thats literally the only mention of their money I saw during the post match wrist slitting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Consistency is always going to be an unsolvable problem for LJ's team&s when he plays pivotal players like Patterson who are for want of another word; inconsistent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well said EMB.

I know that you are, and have been, a critic of LJs, but credit for finding positives in today's performance.

It makes pleasant change from some of LJs critics, who see everything about the club, coach and team through jaundiced eyes and can only find negatives and criticism, no matter what or how we perform.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Philippines

Close though! :)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because one of the perenially suicidal asked the difference between us and Forest.

Someone answered "about £25m in transfer fees"

Thats literally the only mention of their money I saw during the post match wrist slitting.

Wtf

Sarcasm abound

That makes a change eh

Whilst you make comments on others opinions ....

Did you watch the match out of interest James

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm sorry mate I really cannot let that go.

The woeful form of Paterson in the final 22 games of last season was blamed by his glee club as being because he is a 'number 10' and not and never will be a wide player which where he played those 22 games, today he played 'number 10' and you claim that he is better as a wide option?????

Yes think he finds more space roaming from the left where it is harder to mark him. Of course he could roam from a central position but rarely did and barely touched the ball as a consequence. Even in his poor form he was getting on the ball but just didn’t look as sharp after a combination of burnout and virus. We saw him play centrally today and probably the worst I have seen him. Like he had no idea where to be

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I generally find your reports to reflect on the game a bit more negatively than my own, but that is simply a matter of opinions.

However with your report on the game today you werent particularly negative and did say a few positives, but did highlight some concerns (not a criticism at all, but a good thing).

So I actually took your thoughts on the game as a positive thing.

I was more referring to the likes of Keepuplino and Wolf who have been open saying they still dont want LJ here (or words to that effect) being among the most critical today.

I know you were, I wasn't trying to defend myself, I was actually trying to defend you because I believe that you are correct this time.

Personally I don't care what people think about my reports, I try to be as honest as I can based on what I have just witnessed, I don't have an overriding need to be right either, because all I am interested in is seeing City progress but until we see consistency for me it will be the same old same old, I don't really have favourites within the team (I am a bit too old for that) and I know it might be difficult to believe but I don't dislike Paterson but I cannot see what over the now past 23 games he gives us I really don't, but I would love to see him tear up like some people believe that he did earlier last season, I am fed up about hearing about some of our players 'there is a good player in there', I can only judge in the here and now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Paterson was really poor today. I guess it's typical of him to look very good when we are on top, like the first 20 minutes. But second half he went missing. He does work hard in that he runs around a lot, but he has no real fight in him. He can't head or tackle, and lacks that aggression that Taylor has. Doesn't really put himself about etc. He could do so much better than that. 

Agree with your post JD

Exxept the highlighted bit

If you watch gphim closely he’s what I call ‘cant quite make it’ player without the ball 

ie He will close down but not with any dynamism - he jogs generally and makes it look as if he’s working rather than full on - may align with your ‘No real fight in him comment’

Great skills on his day but needs to add much more 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought Weimann deserves some praise

Thankless task , especially second half with s*** service and little support

Never shirked a challenge despite getting a few npbattering challenges and worked hard and showed some good decision making and quality in moments

:clap:

Can’t argue that. Even did a job last 15 going out wide. Good debut and thought all the debutants were solid enough

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes think he finds more space roaming from the left where it is harder to mark him. Of course he could roam from a central position but rarely did and barely touched the ball as a consequence. Even in his poor form he was getting on the ball but just didn’t look as sharp after a combination of burnout and virus. We saw him play centrally today and probably the worst I have seen him. Like he had no idea where to be

Well I can think of quite a few worse performances and boy there is a lot to choose from.