IGNORED

Weimann

Langford Red

Watch this space?

Is he going to be another Agard?

Derby fans said he works his socks off, but can not shoot or pass?

Scored today, to soon to say

But those 2x Derby fans were glad to see him go

Come on Weimann, prove them wrong and LJ play him in attacking midfield or right

Patts was b++++y terrible today

7 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Watch this space?

Is he going to be another Agard?

Derby fans said he works his socks off, but can not shoot or pass?

Scored today, to soon to say

But those 2x Derby fans were glad to see him go

Come on Weimann, prove them wrong and LJ play him in attacking midfield or right

Patts was b++++y terrible today

Don’t think you play in the Prem if you ‘can’t shoot or pass’ and just run around a lot

With our playing ethos I caiuld see why we signed him having lost Bobby

Hes exactly what I expected and performed pretty well for me v Bournemouth and Forest and also scored twice

Liked his attitude and bravery today and showed some quality touches too

A solid signing IMHO

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This.

One game, one goal, in a team that might well struggle for them, priceless.

????  Other than the goal he was not that effective, but doesn’t look an out and out striker. The season is 46 games, not just the first 15 minutes of the first fixture

49 minutes ago, Chappers said:

????  Other than the goal he was not that effective, but doesn’t look an out and out striker. The season is 46 games, not just the first 15 minutes of the first fixture

Depends what you call a. ‘Striker’ 

He’s not going to get you 20+ goals (Go on Andre prove me wrong - wouldn’t that be sweet)

But he works hard , has decent pace ,good attitude and will get a few goals

Most importantly you know what you’re going to get from him , which in my experience of managing is a very good thing 

He will help the side in other ways that an out and out goalscorer a la Robbie Fowler wouldnt

Pays your money , makes your choice and anyone who knows Weimann would know what we are getting and he will deliver what he offers regularly and consistently

Liam Robinson was derided and his finishing was kamikaze but he offered a lot to that side 

Weimman is a much upgraded Liam  Robinson with far more goal threat IMHO

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

As others have said at 2 mill you cant really go wrong at that price. If he can lead the line and press well like Reid did and get us 10+ goals i think it will turn out to be a decent buy. 

Definitely. Don't expect him to get as many as Bobby did last season then there's no guarantee that Bobby would have repeated the feat if he'd stayed.

14 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Without Diedhiou and with Djuric apparently injured yet again we had absolutely no focal point.

In games like this goals are priceless & he scored ours.

We have 4 more League games to negotiate now until Famara is back, but thanks for the reminder on how many games we’ll play..

Also in one start he has 2 less than Taylor has in total..

I suspect I’m in a minority of one but after the first ten minutes I thought he was very poor indeed.  Created nothing, won nothing, didn’t even do the simple stuff well.  I hope he gets better, but a friend of mine who is a Villa fan said to me “Told you so” at about 6.00 today.  I’d love to see him succeed, but he didn’t look fit to lace Bobby’s boots today.  But hey, it’s all about different opinions and as I said, I seem to be in the minority.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Without Diedhiou and with Djuric apparently injured yet again we had absolutely no focal point.

In games like this goals are priceless & he scored ours.

We have 4 more League games to negotiate now until Famara is back, but thanks for the reminder on how many games we’ll play..

Also in one start he has 2 less than Taylor has in total..

Agree

Thought a lot of players would have got arsey or thrown the towel in with some of the poor service or support from JP 

Had a thankless task

Agree with you about the games whilst FD not available

I would have taken 4 or 5 points from those games if offered and thought we’d lose  today so a valuable point 

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Thought it was an ok debut...just one thing did anyone else think it was an own goal, I thought it was at the time the ball hit the bar and went on off keepers back...be interesting to see if he keeps the goal or not

Looked that way to me. Be interested to see the highlights

32 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Hardly his fault? Played most of the game up top on his own, with not a great deal of service, when he did get some what did he do? Yes he scored, can’t ask for much more than that.

Thought he was good today; don’t think he’ll score shed loads of goals but is a willing runner and bags of energy...not as much as Bobby though.

What i really liked what his communication and organisation; he was very aware of what was going on around him and was able to help his team mates. That’s invaluable and something we have missed.

As Graham alluded to

Think he will scramble us some points when we are up against it (Invaluable if so)

Others turn it on when we are purring

Not sure he’s a stellar choice for some with automatic promotion expectancy

For us looking to establish ourselves as a Solid Championship side 

I think he’s a sensible signing

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As Graham alluded to

Think he will scramble us some points when we are up against it (Invaluable if so)

Others turn it on when we are purring

Not sure he’s a stellar choice for some with automatic promotion expectancy

For us looking to establish ourselves as a Solid Championship side 

I think he’s a sensible signing

earns his keep and used to this level.at least fans should ask for no more than that and he does have quality which team mates should aspire to.

21 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

What i really liked what his communication and organisation; he was very aware of what was going on around him and was able to help his team mates. That’s invaluable and something we have missed.

Sounds almost like a... leader. 

He certainly moved a lot in the first 30 minutes. Thought he ran out of steam a bit after that.  Good goal though in the second minute of his league debut.  Maybe it would be a struggle for anyone to keep up with what he did in the first 30 mins for the full 90 though in that heat.

Maybe we could use all his energy for 60 mins and then bring on some fresh legs.

Archived