IGNORED

Honest Fan and Staff

RedLionLad

Got home earlier to find out my wallet containing cash and cards wasn't in my back pocket. Anyway, long story short, after transferring the whole of my bank balance into my wife's bank account, I drove back to Ashton Gate to find someone had picked it up near my seat and handed it in to someone in authority. Whoever this was, then took it into the club shop, where the head guy put it into a locker.

So, to the person who picked it up and did the right thing, a very big thank you. Also to everyone else who played their part by also doing the right thing.

Now I just need to get the wife to transfer the money back...

36 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Got home earlier to find out my wallet containing cash and cards wasn't in my back pocket. Anyway, long story short, after transferring the whole of my bank balance into my wife's bank account, I drove back to Ashton Gate to find someone had picked it up near my seat and handed it in to someone in authority. Whoever this was, then took it into the club shop, where the head guy put it into a locker.

So, to the person who picked it up and did the right thing, a very big thank you. Also to everyone else who played their part by also doing the right thing.

Great story

Heart warming and tbh I’m amazed 

Good on all involved

Glad you’ve also highlighted those who looked after your wallet after it was handed in 

I can assure you with good reason that there are some  employed in organisations who would have handed it back with the explanation ‘Unfirtunately it looks like somebody has taken the cash’

Last time this (Lost wallet handed in)  happened to me I was lucky that they had taken the finders details

I think there was £40 in the wallet and I was so please not to have to cancel all the cards and get back some personal bits I delivered the finder the cash as a thank you 

I also bought the couple ( live in my road) who picked up my mobile phone and returned it a crate of wine .... only later to discover they were Methodists !!!

:laughcont:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great story

Heart warming and tbh I’m amazed 

Good on all involved

Glad you’ve also highlighted those who looked after your wallet after it was handed in 

I can assure you with good reason that there are some  employed in organisations who would have handed it back with the explanation ‘Unfirtunately it looks like somebody has taken the cash’

Last time this happened to me I was lucky that they had taken the finders details

I think there was £40 in the wallet and I was so please not to have to cancel all the cards and get back some personal bits I delivered the finder the cash as a thank you 

Yeah, three honest people in a row. Unbelievable in today's society really.

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Drinks on red lion lad v Boro then ?

Yeah, I'll even pay for you to park the car !!!

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Last year I found a wallet outside KFC in Keynsham, very very long story but I eventually managed to get it back to its rightful owner.

Since that incident I’ve put a slip of paper in my own wallet (where the plastic see through bit is for the driving licence) with my mobile no. written on it to make it easier to - hopefully - get it back to me should it get lost. Not a difficult thing to do but at least it’ll give someone a chance to easily contact you if they want to. 

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

You do realise her wardrobe is now twice as wide........

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice feeling I should think RLL? Wait til you see what your Mrs has spent though eh? ;)

I'd rather the Mrs spent it than some dishonest City fan or BCFC employee.

Just a shame that I can't thank the fan who found it and handed it in, personally.

Archived