IGNORED

Simple question...?

PFree

I appreciate its early days but do you feel the squad is stronger than last season or not?

Personally, today delivered what I expected. With the exception of 25 minutes in the first half I thought we were poor and the football lacked any cutting edge and attacking flair..

We needed leaders apparently and sold Flint, for me our only genuine leader? Any leaders for you on the pitch today?

Our new system of 'total football' with a midfielder dropping right back to get the ball and start moves for me created more sideways and backwards balls?

Appreciate Diedhiou is injured but we ended today with an ex-Gas stricken and a Cheltenham striker, albeit we hope the latter will become a decent player in 'years to come'. Ambition and forward thinking..?

We have huffed and puffed and tried today but I'm concerned we will finish behind where we finished last season, just my opinion of course and I sincerely hope I am wrong..!

Impossible to tell after one game, surely?! We’ll get better (as will Forest).

Not too disappointed with today’s effort though, even though we were 2nd best for large parts of the second half. 

New guys looked all looked good, but Pato looked to be the passenger he was for the 2nd half of last season. Eliasson didn’t look anywhere near the world-beater I was lead to believe he was in pre-season either. Both of these need to show improvement by the end of August, for me. 

Forest with a little more game time would of comfortably beaten City. City were poor to average today and a million miles away from the early form of last season. The squad is absolutely weaker than last year and this clearly showed. City had nobody in midfield to command the game and powder puff up front was being kind. Webster at the back is a number of years behind what we have lost with Flint. The club is definitely going to struggle on the pitch this season. 

And Eliason on the right..no difference to last season. Another waste money. 

10 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Impossible to tell after one game, surely?! We’ll get better (as will Forest).

Not too disappointed with today’s effort though, even though we were 2nd best for large parts of the second half. 

New guys looked all looked good, but Pato looked to be the passenger he was for the 2nd half of last season. Eliasson didn’t look anywhere near the world-beater I was lead to believe he was in pre-season either. Both of these need to show improvement by the end of August, for me. 

Pato just looks so weak . He's like a little boy out there.

Bobby learned to draw the foul as being the smaller player the ref often gave him the benefit of the doubt ( works inversely for Djuric) Pato doesn't.

I can't answer your question just yet but we have brought in Championship experience alongside our younger lower league signings .

Archived