IGNORED

Flop flag day

Redmycolour

20 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

What a flop this year, what happened, no atmosphere, hardly any singing, people walking away as early as 1pm,i think the police ruined it a bit, especially the wpcs on horseback, 

The Police horses only moved in to help keep the road open and prevent anyone from being hit by a car.

The Police allowed the road to be closed at 1pm for the official photographer to take a group photo. In fairness to the Police, they do the same every year.......however, this year they seemed a bit more tolerant regarding the use of flares/smoke bombs.

It was a bigger crowd this year, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

The Police horses only moved in to help keep the road open and prevent anyone from being hit by a car.

The Police allowed the road to be closed at 1pm for the official photographer to take a group photo. In fairness to the Police, they do the same every year.......however, this year they seemed a bit more tolerant regarding the use of flares/smoke bombs.

It was a bigger crowd this year, that's for sure.

Yes it was bigger crowd but no atmosphere, ie singing, my son tried to start an atmosphere but it went down like a lead balloon, still think the police ruined the occasion, 

Didn’t bother this year. It’s almost become a victim of its own success. Too many absolute belters there these days. Last year was the last one I bothered with. 

Shame really. I used to love it and admire SD and everyone at the Lions for organising it, but it’s not what it was and is now full of belters. 

4 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Yes it was bigger crowd but no atmosphere, ie singing, my son tried to start an atmosphere but it went down like a lead balloon, still think the police ruined the occasion, 

I honestly thought there was less Police interference this year, but I suppose that's down to the good nature of the fans. Yes, there were a few flares, but it was tame compared to last year, when bottles and cans were being lobbed skywards and onto fellow City fans., some of which were children.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Didn’t bother this year.  Last year was the last one I bothered with. 

Shame really. I used to love it and admire SD and everyone at the Lions for organising it, but it’s not what it was and is now full of belters. 

Section 82 have been asked to help out. But have never bothered. Shame really. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Don't know why the police even showed up, let alone with cameras and horses. The road should have been shut, with advance notice to all.

PS there was more singing at Flag Day than in the ground that's for sure.

So where would the buses go if the road was shut?

5 hours ago, Three Lions said:

Section 82 have been asked to help out. But have never bothered. Shame really. 

I’m not posting on behalf of S82 mate, I’m posting as me. I’m out of the loop on S82 stuff now, as I’ve not renewed my ST in there and so have no idea if they were asked to help? 

All I’m saying is that the event is hugely successful and organised by people who I have respect for, and always hats off to them. But sadly, the last year or 2 has started attracting idiots, hence why there’s been arrests and bottles, flares etc thrown through the air without a thought for the fact kids are standing around. 

I’ve got nothing but respect for those who organise it, just that there are now a few idiots who can’t attend without being dicks. 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m not posting on behalf of S82 mate, I’m posting as me. I’m out of the loop on S82 stuff now, as I’ve not renewed my ST in there and so have no idea if they were asked to help? 

All I’m saying is that the event is hugely successful and organised by people who I have respect for, and always hats off to them. But sadly, the last year or 2 has started attracting idiots, hence why there’s been arrests and bottles, flares etc thrown through the air without a thought for the fact kids are standing around. 

I’ve got nothing but respect for those who organise it, just that there are now a few idiots who can’t attend without being dicks. 

Talking of flares, anyone notice the ref point to the flare and subsequent smoke which was set off after the goal yesterday and then his watch whilst talking to the 4th offficial?

Wonder if the FA will penalise us now? Seem to recall there was a threat of some sort of action last season.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

That'll be the spotty teenagers who bring four cans but get wasted on two.

17 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

That'll be the spotty teenagers who bring four cans but get wasted on two.

Exactly mate. I’m not criticising those who organise it, and it’s always a huge success. 

Its just these nobs who turn up to behave like idiots. 

53 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Talking of flares, anyone notice the ref point to the flare and subsequent smoke which was set off after the goal yesterday and then his watch whilst talking to the 4th offficial?

Wonder if the FA will penalise us now? Seem to recall there was a threat of some sort of action last season.

Didnt even see it?

2 hours ago, WestonRobin said:

With the no pyro no party tshirts being worn today, you would have thought the stewards would have been extra vigilant. 

Hopefully it will just be a mild telling off by the authorities, but if the punishment is more severe we can hardly say we weren't warned.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

With the no pyro no party tshirts being worn today, you would have thought the stewards would have been extra vigilant. 

Hopefully it will just be a mild telling off by the authorities, but if the punishment is more severe we can hardly say we weren't warned.

That would involve them using common sense - not sure that forms part of either their job description or selection process!

6 hours ago, Harry said:

People in the past have been asked and didn't. Handful of arrests in ten years for breaching banning orders, Few lads getting over excited over in ten years plus. Nothing really to get bent out of shape abut there. Potential is always there to do different each season with more help. 

30 minutes ago, SonOfDjuric said:

F1377092-30E1-4D95-9A97-68433C28CB52.jpeg

Flare in one hand, mobile in the other so you can show your mates on Instagram how ded 'ard you are standing near the police. And people wonder about the atmosphere changing, hah! I'm sure everyone was very impressed though.

32 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Flare in one hand, mobile in the other so you can show your mates on Instagram how ded 'ard you are standing near the police. And people wonder about the atmosphere changing, hah! I'm sure everyone was very impressed though.

That’s a smoke bomb, not a flare shag

2 hours ago, Three Lions said:

People in the past have been asked and didn't. Handful of arrests in ten years for breaching banning orders, Few lads getting over excited over in ten years plus. Nothing really to get bent out of shape abut there. Potential is always there to do different each season with more help. 

Don’t really wanna go round and round with this mate but the arrests for breaching banning orders is not what I’m talking about. 

Last year I attended and witnessed about 5 ‘youth’ taken away by the old bill before it was even 1pm! Then there were bottles thrown around with gay abandon, not a care in the world that many people there had kids with them, some even babies in buggies. 

As said before, the organisation of the event is great and I have full respect and admiration for those that do this. Sadly though, there is an element that are very keen on acting the ‘big man’ and take the gloss off of it. Those are the people whom I label as belters - not those who make the day run. 

Archived