IGNORED

Flop flag day

Redmycolour

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You mean the people who who bought houses near a football stadium.

Palmyra Road isn't exactly neat a football stadium it's about a  mile away. Raynes Road is near

4 minutes ago, SonOfDjuric said:

You seem extremely fun at parties, perhaps the only solution for flag day is to make it invitation only 

What a good idea I need to make sure I'm in the guest list ????

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’m pretty sure if you went into the pub and mentioned it . It would be cleared and maybe an apology offered. The Landlord is a very approachable person. And a nice person with it . 

He'd probably clear it up himself.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

He'd probably clear it up himself.

It's not his responsibility at all . Though it's an excellent gesture.

All I wanted to point out that there was a lot of rubbish left on the way down to the ground...it is an undeniable fact.. 

I've been called a liar and I'm not even sure person I've been discussing the issue with knows what road im talking about.

Let's just worry about things we can control like who Joe Bryan is going to sign for rather than asking people to take a little bit of responsibility for their own actions.

3 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

All I wanted to point out that there was a lot of rubbish left on the way down to the ground...it is an undeniable fact.. 

I've been called a liar and I'm not even sure person I've been discussing the issue with knows what road im talking about.

Let's just worry about things we can control like who Joe Bryan is going to sign for rather than asking people to take a little bit of responsibility for their own actions.

How are we going to control that then?

What if he ignores you, then what are you going to do?

7 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Palmry road is the road leading uphill to Lions from the Luckwell. A short road with Pubs at both ends and a fast food outlet. As I pointed out one of my friends lives there. The type of road when all said and done will generally see a little rubbish on the streets due to the nature of local premises and its environment. I would like to see Bristol as clean as the Cotswolds but understand it cannot be. 

14 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Palmry road is the road leading uphill to Lions from the Luckwell. A short road with Pubs at both ends and a fast food outlet. As I pointed out one of my friends lives there. The type of road when all said and done will generally see a little rubbish on the streets due to the nature of local premises and its environment. I would like to see Bristol as clean as the Cotswolds but understand it cannot be. 

My comment wasn't aimed at you at all.

It isn't an untidy road on match days but i get your point.. 

1 hour ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

What park ( Greville Smyth)that wasn't me... 

I can't believe you can't read!!!!

As for Joe Bryan don't you get irony.....

Next time you spot a few cans or plastic pint glasses on Palmyra Road, don't post a huge complaint about City fans on here. Message me, and I'll pop round and sort it out for you.

Anything to keep the peace.

59 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

That’s about it.

It really wasn’t worth all the posts was it?

It wasn't worth any posts to be honest, but there you go. Next time you want to complain about City fans behaviour, try going to the Bristol Post. They love exciting stories like this.

@Tristan Cork is your man.

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

It wasn't worth any posts to be honest, but there you go. Next time you want to complain about City fans behaviour, try going to the Bristol Post. They love exciting stories like this.

I didn’t want to complain just make a comment .. but it got blown out of all proportion.

But don’t worry next time I’ll know what to do...

Keep my mouth shut !!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Never been to Bourton on the Water on a Bank Holiday?

What a crock of shit this thread is, the same old characters out in force. Once a year event, you turn up, you know what to expect, like it or lump it.

I stand by my comments, the police shouldn't have been there, certainly not horses. In the grand scheme of things, nothing bad happened. Should have just done what the Russians did at the World Cup, let people get on and have a good time as they deem it.

The road should have been closed, 2 or 3 hours one Saturday is inconveniencing about no-one. Buses rerouted with advance notice to all like any other situation with roadworks etc.

As for the rubbish, you will find that anytime there is a public event or go down Glos Rd/The Centre early on a Sunday.

I only apologise to the landlord though, I bought a cider, the queue was long so the next round came from the offy, poor form I realise.

38 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Never been to Bourton on the Water on a Bank Holiday?

What a crock of shit this thread is, the same old characters out in force. Once a year event, you turn up, you know what to expect, like it or lump it.

I stand by my comments, the police shouldn't have been there, certainly not horses. In the grand scheme of things, nothing bad happened. Should have just done what the Russians did at the World Cup, let people get on and have a good time as they deem it.

The road should have been closed, 2 or 3 hours one Saturday is inconveniencing about no-one. Buses rerouted with advance notice to all like any other situation with roadworks etc.

As for the rubbish, you will find that anytime there is a public event or go down Glos Rd/The Centre early on a Sunday.

I only apologise to the landlord though, I bought a cider, the queue was long so the next round came from the offy, poor form I realise.

Same old characters..... I don’t think so. 

I’ve learnt one thing having been involved in this thread. it really isn’t worth the effort to try and say things politely. It doesn’t work.

• Admin
15 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I stand by my comments, the police shouldn't have been there, certainly not horses.

Only things I would add, the police horses need to be there as they are the only way to be able to move large groups of people - with the numbers attending people are always going to swell the area

Sadly being on such a busy main round it makes it nigh on impossible to close, there just isn't the access to divert such large amounts of traffic to any nearby routes

The other thing that got me in this thread, those people moaning about flag day, at the end of the day it is what WE make it, it is all about the supporters and what we do, yeah it is a different vibe to what it was years ago, but like everything things evolve

21 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Nah, don't get me involved! we at least try to get slightly more interesting things than this (cue all the links to the rubbish on the Post website right now...). Can't believe i just read through this entire thread to see the context to this. :laugh:
I live just around the corner from the Three Lions, and was at Flag Day. Had a good time, popped in the pub to see Dons and met up with some old mates before we went to the game together. Can't see what the fuss is about really? 
It would be nice to have the road closed, but then that makes it all 'official' and council and police can object and it would become a 'thing'. A thing that people would try to stop altogether. 
I'd imagine closing the A38 is a lot harder than closing a regular residential street for a street party, especially for what essentially is a pre-match party involving more people than can fit into a pub.

1 hour ago, Tristan Cork said:

Nah, don't get me involved! we at least try to get slightly more interesting things than this (cue all the links to the rubbish on the Post website right now...). Can't believe i just read through this entire thread to see the context to this. :laugh:
I live just around the corner from the Three Lions, and was at Flag Day. Had a good time, popped in the pub to see Dons and met up with some old mates before we went to the game together. Can't see what the fuss is about really? 
It would be nice to have the road closed, but then that makes it all 'official' and council and police can object and it would become a 'thing'. A thing that people would try to stop altogether. 
I'd imagine closing the A38 is a lot harder than closing a regular residential street for a street party, especially for what essentially is a pre-match party involving more people than can fit into a pub.

....and there I was 'bigging' you up.

The idea is to display your flag and meet up with your mates right? The date is always changing so having it over 2/3 home`games doesn't really matter right? Make it all ticket to give The Three Lions the possibility to appoint enough people making it a great experience and don't make it to crowded right? Any gain going to charity right?  

43 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

tbf tho one of my colleagues did do a 'Facebook Live' from Flag Day and i think there was an actual report on it.
I was very much off duty tho

I bet that was the nerdy looking chap walking around the outskirts with a camera phone on a full sized tripod.

Archived