IGNORED

Flinty

BigTone

Was at Millwall today and afraid Flinty had a bit of a mare. Came good 2nd half but looked out of place TBH. Give him a few more games to settle I suppose. Boro generally were fairly average until the last 20 mins and I can't see them as promotion contenders. Early days I know before someone says it.

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

He is gonna be found out big time up there. I saw the highlights and he was all over the shop, not just for the 2nd goal.

They pushed him up front for the last 15 minutes or so but generally he didn't look too happy all game. An absolute howler for Millwalls 2nd goal.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Won’t get as easy a ride up there for sure. Be interesting to see if he can step up. His cult hero status here gave him leeway he won’t get in a side expecting promotion. 

Tend to agree. In saying that the whole Boro team were average. It was really down to tactical errors with subs that let Millwall down. They could and should have won 4 -0

Boro were playing with a high defensive line which doesn't really help his game. 

Madness to write him and Boro off based on one game.  They were poor today but still managed not to lose against formidable opponents at home in Millwall. Be very surprised if they aren't in the mix come the end of the season.  

33 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Was at Millwall today and afraid Flinty had a bit of a mare. Came good 2nd half but looked out of place TBH. Give him a few more games to settle I suppose. Boro generally were fairly average until the last 20 mins and I can't see them as promotion contenders. Early days I know before someone says it.

He could go the same way as Carey and Murray. The grass isn't always greener and a triumphant home coming could be in the offing. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've just seen Millwall's 2nd goal, oh dear Flinty! :facepalm:

The crowd around me were amazed he cost £7m !!  That said I think he will settle down after a while. If I remember correctly he started slow when he signed for us.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Boro were playing with a high defensive line which doesn't really help his game. 

Madness to write him and Boro off based on one game.  They were poor today but still managed not to lose against formidable opponents at home in Millwall. Be very surprised if they aren't in the mix come the end of the season.  

Millwall threw it away which some daft subs but that said Boro pounced on the opportunity. I still doubt Boro will be more than mid table though.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are we happy adding a “y” to a former player’s name, albeit a much loved one?!

Doesn’t feel quite right to me somehow.

I don't see the problem myself CR, he was very well thought of here after all. Point taken though.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

We didn’t miss either of them. Like already mentioned, onwards we go. 

I’m happy to go onwards without either but we certainly weren’t as good without Reid.

He did so much work, much of it unnoticed, not just his goals

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are we happy adding a “y” to a former player’s name, albeit a much loved one?!

Doesn’t feel quite right to me somehow.

Feels right to me as he served us well and I feel no malice towards him for wanting to try and improve himself (and earn a bigger wedge)

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He's coming back in a fortnight.

Wonder what kind of receptor on he'll get.

A good one I hope, it’s the least he deserves, be disappointed if he gets jeered, but as soon as the first whistle goes I’ll treat him same as any other opposition player.

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Don’t think we missed him today, certainly not as much as Reid

I thought that. The passing between the two CH’s  was comfortable and I can see them getting better together 

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

A good one I guarantee

Absolutely- why wouldn’t we ? Pulls will get some shit though. 

Archived