IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

LJ is a man under no pressure - he can only work with the tools given to him and whilst he’s willing to be a part of this philosophy his job is safe and so it should be 

He’s had over 40 tools given to him.cottrill had about 6

On Radio Bristol before the game SL said the aim for this season is to finish higher than last season (11th). 

He did go on to say that he addressed the squad this morning and told them he "wasn't getting any younger" and wanted to see the club promoted to the Premier League sooner rather than later.

He said to 20man that there was no great pressure for it to happen this season and if it didn't then he would look to the season after.

Nothing firm but possibly an indication that LJ has a couple of seasons to get us there.

He's under no pressure this season I would suggest, unless we end up in a relegation battle.

16 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

Whilst it's true that we have had poor runs under LJ, we have also had good ones. If we start slowly then i would be expecting us to pick up.

2 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

He’s had over 40 tools given to him.cottrill had about 6

FFS. Let it ******* go, Cotteril has gone, get it? Not ******* coming back, understand? When will you start looking at the future, rather than dwelling on the past?

26 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Lets give him at least until game 2 until we sack him

30 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Go on then how long do you think he has...is it ten games then?

why post this after a very credible draw against one of the favourites for promotion this year.

ridiculous

32 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Just sums up this forum mate, not allowed to ask any questions of any sort... Pathetic!

Thing with LJ is if things are going well, it’s fine but 2 seasons in a row we’ve gone into a spiral and I don’t think LJ knows how to get us out of it. Seems more luck than judgement. If same happens again this season then I think he will be gone. I do like generally the signings made and the business done but question marks on his bounce back ability remain.

23 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Go on then how long do you think he has...is it ten games then?

why post this after a very credible draw against one of the favourites for promotion this year.

ridiculous

Why is it ridiculous? Have you forgotten the second half of last season? 

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What utter b***ocks

I Dunno why some of you even claim to be city fans

How so?

14 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Thing with LJ is if things are going well, it’s fine but 2 seasons in a row we’ve gone into a spiral and I don’t think LJ knows how to get us out of it. Seems more luck than judgement. If same happens again this season then I think he will be gone. I do like generally the signings made and the business done but question marks on his bounce back ability remain.

Agreed. 

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

Away to relegation certainties next week and we are 8 months without an away victory................           just saying

Bolton is a deceptively tricky away game IMO...

Sure we SHOULD win but they got results v a number of top sides at home from December onwards last year. Won at WBA today too- coupon buster! Don't think they're a good side, more a horrible side to play against.

58 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

No change would be made in 2018 unless form was terrible and worse than early 2018 I would suggest.

I believe it will be irrelevant as this is the best squad we have had for a while - bit lightweight but a lot of talent. We will be in top half at Xmas 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Someone who makes a difference at LJ just because of his height? Boring boring.

If you choose to infer a perjorative tone that’s your choice. None was intended. Read the first sentence of my post before you bring the bile please. 

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

No change would be made in 2018 unless form was terrible and worse than early 2018 I would suggest.

I believe it will be irrelevant as this is the best squad we have had for a while - bit lightweight but a lot of talent. We will be in top half at Xmas 

Agree it’s a good squad. I am worried about the Bobby-shaped hole but we have recruited potential. 

Archived