IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

2 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

You really are a pathetic little man

10 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

Relegation may mean the end for LJ but may not .....depends how many ST`s it costs.....he may also be allowed to "go again" in the lower league if we do go down to continue the plan for a few months.

I believe we will finish closer to the bottom than the top this season, and there will be at least 3 worse teams than us. SL has set out his stall and wont change for a while yet, he just seems reluctant to make a sustained challenge on the top of this div and is quite happy to finish "safe"

Cannot understand all the bile this simple "query" has dragged up by the way, it is just a query :dunno:

I'm surprised to see some of the comments on here. 

If Forest are one of the favourites for promotion, then what are City favourites for? 

Forest looked a well organised average team. City were just like last season. A good first twenty minutes and then headless chicken syndrome thereafter. The new ball-playing centre half forced into humping long balls to their back four. 

Everyone on here will know my views on LJ. The crowd were quite tolerant yesterday, probably because of first game of the season in tropical heat. 

But that team performance reminded me if so many gone before. A bright twenty minutes followed by an hour chasing shadows and a last ten minutes gung-ho for a face saving winner. 

One of the early posts on this thread, mentioned the "R" word. With LJ at the helm, that is more likely than finishing higher than eleventh. 

10 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Hilarious. Got anything interesting to say? Thought not.

I've got plenty to say thank you, but not on your pointless question.

It's a new day.  Take a hard look the pretty well unanimous responses you generated from a lot of decent posters (and me). If you're a troll, then you can be well satisfied with your day's work.  If not, perhaps take the hint from everyone else and give it a rest?  

1 minute ago, red panda said:

I've got plenty to say thank you, but not on your pointless question.

It's a new day.  Take a hard look the pretty well unanimous responses you generated from a lot of decent posters (and me). If you're a troll, then you can be well satisfied with your day's work.  If not, perhaps take the hint from everyone else and give it a rest?  

The responses say way more about the state of this forum than me. Brave internet warriors. 

It's not an unreasonable question. The lynch mob mentality is laughable. It's not as if the OP is calling for his head is it?

Nobody but SL will really know the answer but I'd speculate that he'd be happy with a couple more mid table finishes, then would probably expect some major progress.

44 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

@Tomarse please ban this abusive poster

@Tomarseplease ban this abusive poster

You know what after 3 hours sleep in last few days looking after a 3 week old baby the last thing I want to do is log on here and see stuff like this going one.

Maybe it’s time we took a harder line then. Maybe it’s time we banned returned posters, those with multiple accounts, those who send threats through PMs, those who call me a c**t on twitter and think I can’t see it, those that proclaim that OTIB needs shutting down, those that spend hours just snaking a persons post because they don’t like them.

Or maybe everyone could grow the f**k up and learn to get on with each other on here or ignore posts and views they don’t agree with because frankly right now in the words of Red ‘I couldn’t give a s**t’

Maybe I should just ban myself, that works. 

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

On Radio Bristol before the game SL said the aim for this season is to finish higher than last season (11th). 

He did go on to say that he addressed the squad this morning and told them he "wasn't getting any younger" and wanted to see the club promoted to the Premier League sooner rather than later.

He said to 20man that there was no great pressure for it to happen this season and if it didn't then he would look to the season after.

Nothing firm but possibly an indication that LJ has a couple of seasons to get us there.

He's under no pressure this season I would suggest, unless we end up in a relegation battle.

As with us all,SL included,time waits for no man......which makes the puzzling January window when we were flying hard to fathom-the words of Steve & the 'actions don't tally.

Our recruitment this window hardly points to a club with an eye on a top six finish-id say more akin to avoiding a relegation scrap & staying solid.

36 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

You know what after 3 hours sleep in last few days looking after a 3 week old baby the last thing I want to do is log on here and see stuff like this going one.

Maybe it’s time we took a harder line then. Maybe it’s time we banned returned posters, those with multiple accounts, those who send threats through PMs, those who call me a **** on twitter and think I can’t see it, those that proclaim that OTIB needs shutting down, those that spend hours just snaking a persons post because they don’t like them.

Or maybe everyone could grow the **** up and learn to get on with each other on here or ignore posts and views they don’t agree with because frankly right now in the words of Red ‘I couldn’t give a s**t’

Maybe I should just ban myself, that works. 

Congratulations Tomarse hope you get some sleep 

keep up the good work  you do keeping this site running 

44 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I don't know if it's a generational thing, but seriously, football isn't like this current generation where everything is "throw away". 

What is wrong with you? 

We've played ONE ******* GAME! And we didn't even lose it. 

This forum drives me insane. I mean, ****. 

Don’t think generation comes into it - think the OP is probably someone who’s been watching us for a while.

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I'll take that. Maybe trend would be a better word. You'd think people would learn from the various sackings across the league that have ultimately ended in teams going backwards. 

You'd think reading this forum that we ended just above the relegation zone last year.

I suspect that the OP doesn’t like Johnson as our manager, never has and never will. He won’t be totally satisfied until Johnson is gone and wanted to test the mood of the forum. 

All managers polarise support - Johnson more than most. Far too early to be speculating about him being sacked right now, but I suppose not unreasonable to discuss what circumstances may lead to his sacking. 

12 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

So you disagree that LJ has something to prove this season?

And yes your comment was worthless - either engage in the debate or say nothing. Cheap shot sniping at posters is worthless. 

Morning, I think it’s what you think LJ had to prove this season? In terms of budgets were absolutley miles off the big hitters in this division so for me personally I think anything above 14th will be a good season.

Whats a good season for you?

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I don't know if it's a generational thing, but seriously, football isn't like this current generation where everything is "throw away". 

What is wrong with you? 

We've played ONE ******* GAME! And we didn't even lose it. 

This forum drives me insane. I mean, ****. 

I get your point Badger but in fairness to the original poster he is not judging the Manager on yesterday performance but on his tenure overall

LJ will never really be loved at the Gate just as he wasn’t when a player.  You only have to listen yesterday with people moaning about we was playing like the end of last season and that he’s tactically inept . It was the first game of the season . 

15 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

I'm not quite sure how appropriate your timing is but it's a forum at the end of the day.

SL with stick with LJ unless something extreme happens such as 10 points adrift at the bottom come Feb 2019. If that occurs I can see LJ gone but anything other than that extreme situation and I believe SL with stick with LJ even if that leads to relegation. If we get relegated then LJ will be replaced summer 2019. In fairness he's probably one of the most charmed existences and supportive owner of virtually all teams in the English football leagues.

For me I'm not sure either way whether he's really the person to take us forward. I'm not saying he's not. I think his weakness is the inability to turn a game around with a different plan. So many times we start games well. At half-time other teams suss us out and start to get a better foothold in the game and we never seem to know how to counter it. This weakness seems to be a common pattern. The most successful managers know how to respond to the ebb and flow of a game.

Regardless LJ will have my full support until such time he's not the manager. 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

Morning, I think it’s what you think LJ had to prove this season? In terms of budgets were absolutley miles off the big hitters in this division so for me personally I think anything above 14th will be a good season.

Whats a good season for you?

Top half would be good, but within that no more long bad runs. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I suspect that the OP doesn’t like Johnson as our manager, never has and never will. He won’t be totally satisfied until Johnson is gone and wanted to test the mood of the forum. 

All managers polarise support - Johnson more than most. Far too early to be speculating about him being sacked right now, but I suppose not unreasonable to discuss what circumstances may lead to his sacking. 

I don’t mind him. Happy enough with him as manager but I do think he has been backed by SL to a huge extent. I can’t think of another owner that would’ve stuck with him by the end of last season. Hence my original question which has been met with childish hysteria and vilification. 

4 hours ago, winterbournered said:

That would be the relegation certainties that have just won away at a side that many think are promotion certainties..... just saying 

I was fully aware of Bolton’s lucky result at the Hawthorns yesterday, still relegation certainties with Rotherham, that just leaves one relegation place up for grabs

Personally for me Lee will remain in charge, whilst we can maintain our position in this league, whether that is as a top half or bottom half side. The club is being run as a business and want to build quality within it's youth to make them profitable players and make us an attractive proposition for young players looking for a launchpad. I have no doubt that once we have done 10-15 of these 2-3m buyers and sold for 8-10m, Lansdown may let LJ spend 5-10m on a proven player who may not have the sell on value of young players but it will come when the stadium is paid for by profitable transfers. I think realistically we could be 4-5 years off a serious push to get out of this division, but I feel it will come at a point when if we don't go up, we won't be in a financial disaster. I think whilst Lee follows this script and keeps us in the division, he'll remain in charge, but at said point where our status in this league looks vulnerable or we got relegated I feel he will be replaced. In my opinion Lee Johnson won't be leaving anytime soon, unless things go tits up. 

Archived