IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

50 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Translation :

Meet me behind the bike sheds and I’ll proper duff you up. One handed

TTT are you prepared to have the other one tied behind your back? and if so which hand do you want free? are you both allowed to nominate seconds and if so who is your second. Sadly I'm neither a lover or a fighter

24 minutes ago, reddoh said:

TTT are you prepared to have the other one tied behind your back? and if so which hand do you want free? are you both allowed to nominate seconds and if so who is your second. Sadly I'm neither a lover or a fighter

As a particularly violent acquaintance of mine was once heard to say when confronted by five coppers aiming to arrest him for the umpteenth time;

`One at a time or all together, it`s all the same to me`

Just had to check google as i was not totally sure but the result was

•United Kingdom
81.60 years (2015)

•Australia
82.45 years (2015)

•United States of America
78.74 years (2015) 

Lee Johnson was born in June 81

so he is 37 see above for result I have decided I really cannot be arsed to do the maths.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As a particularly violent acquaintance of mine was once heard to say when confronted by five coppers aiming to arrest him for the umpteenth time;

`One at a time or all together, it`s all the same to me`

out of interest what was the result? 

3 minutes ago, reddoh said:

out of interest what was the result? 

The usual one. They jumped on him and gave him a good kicking before chucking him in the van. He never learned!

As an aside, he once got a job as a steward at Argyle and his first game was Cardiff. He was put in front of their fans and one of them chucked half a pasty at him whereupon he jumped into their end and tried to take them all on - he wasn`t asked to come back again.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

The usual one. They jumped on him and gave him a good kicking before chucking him in the van. He never learned!

As an aside, he once got a job as a steward at Argyle and his first game was Cardiff. He was put in front of their fans and one of them chucked half a pasty at him whereupon he jumped into their end and tried to take them all on - he wasn`t asked to come back again.

Sadly some people never learn. Hope your life has been happier. 

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

Sadly some people never learn. Hope your life has been happier. 

Indeed it has. He was just one of the local Tavistock headcases it was better to know than not - one of those people that if you could say `Alright Mickey` when he walked into one of the few pubs he wasn`t banned from it was just easier and you were unlikely to end up on the wrong end of one of his drunken rages. Most sensible people drank in the ones he was banned from though! I`ve not seen him for years, he`s probably dead or locked up by now.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Indeed it has. He was just one of the local Tavistock headcases it was better to know than not - one of those people that if you could say `Alright Mickey` when he walked into one of the few pubs he wasn`t banned from it was just easier and you were unlikely to end up on the wrong end of one of his drunken rages. Most sensible people drank in the ones he was banned from though! I`ve not seen him for years, he`s probably dead or locked up by now.

I think most groups have one I guess they are just wired up differently. 

Johnson’s record since the turn of the year is nothing short of shocking and most owners would of seen him long gone by now. 

I think the board will look more closely at the situation this season though. 

A defeat against Boro QPR and Swansea will see us almost certain bottom two and the window shut until Jan. 

That would be a dreadful start and one the owner would be not happy with. 

LJ on last night;

• Plymouth defended like there lives depended on it.................then why didn't we do the same in both boxes
  • Exit could be a blessing.........real good one this, what when we played our best football while still in it last season
  • Foul on Korey before goal.......an old it was the refs fault excuse
  • Fammy  fit and ready to go....remember this when the he`s not up to speed/match fit comment comes out

Honestly don't believe he`s going anywhere this season though.....whatever, there`s building to be done you know.

The most worrying part is that yet again he has another sustained horrendous run which he has had throughout managerial career. He just seems incapable of learning lessons from previous seasons. He talks about lack of leaders but who has he brought in to address this issue??

Hunt/Webster look decent and Weimann a steal. However,  I’m dismayed to see this morning that a new striker is not a requirement ....if you were there last night then you will know it is.

We cannot defend high balls into our box and Nathan Baker has been a liability but yet still remains a starter due to lack of options. 

We had an urgent need for an upgrade at GK and now have Brighton’s 3rd choice as our number 1.

Now I get the fact that our 3 best players wanted to leave but we have spent loads since he came in and if that money was available to other managers would they have invested more wisely than LJ/MA.

I found myself watching some of the best football I’ve witnessed in my time following city last season and held my hands up to apologise for doubting LJ the previous season.

I so want him to succeed as seems a genuinely nice person but it won’t take much to get the more vocal of our support heard again if we struggle.

We have a far weaker team now and to be honest, I fear this could be a long season as last night proved we have squad depth and numbers without sufficient quality. We are still a CB/CF/GK light for me and he’s got 2 weeks of loan market to help himself  and us!!

Can you prove me wrong to doubt you LJ as I hope so!

2 hours ago, Red said:

He has to be given the first 10 league games, after that if results have not improved he has to be replaced to stop the slide. 

He will be here all season regardless of how that season goes as the most important person at the club is his greatest fan.

Only way I can see LJ leaving is if a better club comes in (unlikely currently) or we are struggling in league one December 2019 and the 20,000 gates are a distant memory.

That being the case, get behind whatever team he puts on the pitch even if you don't like or rate the man himself because BCFC (not him not MA not SL ) needs that.

11 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

The most worrying part is that yet again he has another sustained horrendous run which he has had throughout managerial career. He just seems incapable of learning lessons from previous seasons. He talks about lack of leaders but who has he brought in to address this issue??

Hunt/Webster look decent and Weimann a steal. However,  I’m dismayed to see this morning that a new striker is not a requirement ....if you were there last night then you will know it is.

We cannot defend high balls into our box and Nathan Baker has been a liability but yet still remains a starter due to lack of options. 

We had an urgent need for an upgrade at GK and now have Brighton’s 3rd choice as our number 1.

Now I get the fact that our 3 best players wanted to leave but we have spent loads since he came in and if that money was available to other managers would they have invested more wisely than LJ/MA.

I found myself watching some of the best football I’ve witnessed in my time following city last season and held my hands up to apologise for doubting LJ the previous season.

I so want him to succeed as seems a genuinely nice person but it won’t take much to get the more vocal of our support heard again if we struggle.

We have a far weaker team now and to be honest, I fear this could be a long season as last night proved we have squad depth and numbers without sufficient quality. We are still a CB/CF/GK light for me and he’s got 2 weeks of loan market to help himself  and us!!

Can you prove me wrong to doubt you LJ as I hope so!

Good post Shuffle

:clap:

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

He will be here all season regardless of how that season goes as the most important person at the club is his greatest fan.

Only way I can see LJ leaving is if a better club comes in (unlikely currently) or we are struggling in league one December 2019 and the 20,000 gates are a distant memory.

That being the case, get behind whatever team he puts on the pitch even if you don't like or rate the man himself because BCFC (not him not MA not SL ) needs that.

I’d really like to believe that if we are struggling in the relegation places come December, that he would be sacked and whoever necessary (even it’s a short term mercenary) came in to secure championship football.  I hope LJ succeeds, as that means the club I have followed my whole life will be successful, sadly, I am not convinced, the long runs of poor form don’t give me the confidence I’d like to have.

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Johnson’s record since the turn of the year is nothing short of shocking and most owners would of seen him long gone by now. 

I think the board will look more closely at the situation this season though. 

A defeat against Boro QPR and Swansea will see us almost certain bottom two and the window shut until Jan. 

That would be a dreadful start and one the owner would be not happy with. 

D,W, L, L, L, L, L , D, L, W, L, D, D, D, L, W, L, D, W, D, L, L, W, L, D, D, L ,D, D ,L, ☹️

On 04/08/2018 at 20:59, Spoons said:

' Time to step up wee man' ????

Nice dig numpty. After 1 game the swords are out! 

4 wins out of the last 27 games or something ridonkulous like that. The slate doesn't get wiped clean when a new season starts, and it doesn't look like results are going to pick any time soon. Obviously hope I'm wrong though...

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’d really like to believe that if we are struggling in the relegation places come December, that he would be sacked and whoever necessary (even it’s a short term mercenary) came in to secure championship football.  I hope LJ succeeds, as that means the club I have followed my whole life will be successful, sadly, I am not convinced, the long runs of poor form don’t give me the confidence I’d like to have.

I agree with you MR but I think SL would have seen us go down last time rather than get rid, and two seasons on, he will point to the positives because he won't want to acknowledge failure again.

I don't rate LJ but genuinely want him to succeed because that will mean BCFC is succeeding. For the forseeable future, you cannot have one without the other I believe.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I agree with you MR but I think SL would have seen us go down last time rather than get rid, and two seasons on, he will point to the positives because he won't want to acknowledge failure again.

I don't rate LJ but genuinely want him to succeed because that will mean BCFC is succeeding. For the forseeable future, you cannot have one without the other I believe.

absolute horseshit,

Johnson was 90 mins away from being sacked 2 years ago,

If we are in a relegation battle come November johnson will be sacked

On 04/08/2018 at 20:57, Westcountry Robins said:

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

Is this the first post ever to have received every single reaction symbol (or whatever they are called)?

On 04/08/2018 at 20:57, Westcountry Robins said:

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

Is this the first post ever to have received every single reaction symbol (or whatever they are called)?

A genuine question: does Johnson's contract still run to Summer 2019 or was it extended?

Archived