IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

absolute horseshit,

Johnson was 90 mins away from being sacked 2 years ago,

If we are in a relegation battle come November johnson will be sacked

How do you know it was absolute horseshit to say SL would have allowed LJ to take us down ?

How do you know LJ will be sacked if we are in a "relegation battle come November" whatever the **** that is with five months to go before seasons end ?

Genuine questions Monkeh, so genuine, factual answers appreciated, because I am truly not aware of SL ever saying LJ was 90 minutes from the push and he's the only voice that matters at the club.If he came out and said that then fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How do you know it was absolute horseshit to say SL would have allowed LJ to take us down ?

How do you know LJ will be sacked if we are in a "relegation battle come November" whatever the **** that is with five months to go before seasons end ?

Genuine questions Monkeh, so genuine, factual answers appreciated, because I am truly not aware of SL ever saying LJ was 90 minutes from the push and he's the only voice that matters at the club.If he came out and said that then fair enough.

johnsons sacking was spoke about at board level and only just stayed on as manager, it was spoken about in the media by lansdown himself, Lansdown has also proven in the past that while patient he's not afraid to get rid of a manager,

He's gone on record to state he expects top 10 this season and wants to see us up sooner rather then later, he's also provided the infrastructure and budget (more then any past city manager has had),

If we are struggling by November he will be gone,

We've seen Lansdown sack Wilson Johnson Sr for not living up to SL's expectations and LJ will be no different 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nice rebrand Ser Davos Ciderworth - what's with the new identity?! ? 

I wanted more brand alignment with Bristol Sport direction of travel. Anticipating we will rename the club in next couple of years and I want to be in the vanguard. 

I don’t think my patience will last so much this season, if the form carries on. Not overly keen on LJ as it is, for what ever reason.

Just don’t like the set up of the club. Softy Bristol City. Need somebody in there to grab the bull by the horns and give it a real go!

I don’t see anybody at the club capable of doing that.

From what I have seen based on 2 home games, we are continuing where we left last season. I am very concerned even after watching last night, although it was a weakened side, we looked bereft of ideas after 20 minutes. That doesn't bode well. A very unbalanced squad.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Who will be our next Head Coach?

Mad Mick.

Ipswich may of been boring, partly due to squad limitations, but Id take a season or two of mid table finishes and learning how to defend.

And we have a younger and much faster squad.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t think my patience will last so much this season, if the form carries on. Not overly keen on LJ as it is, for what ever reason.

Just don’t like the set up of the club. Softy Bristol City. Need somebody in there to grab the bull by the horns and give it a real go!

I don’t see anybody at the club capable of doing that.

Yes that is what is needed. We have far too many lightweights and no one who is up for confrontation and has that desire to actually take a game by the scruff of the neck. This sort of attitude is influenced by the Manager. Look at Fergie's Man Utd teams - full of them.

1 minute ago, One BCFC said:

Yes that is what is needed. We have far too many lightweights and no one who is up for confrontation and has that desire to actually take a game by the scruff of the neck. This sort of attitude is influenced by the Manager. Look at Fergie's Man Utd teams - full of them.

Not so much the players, but the club as a whole.

But you can see, the set up of the club reflects the performances of the players on the pitch.

It’s just all too nice.

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

johnsons sacking was spoke about at board level and only just stayed on as manager, it was spoken about in the media by lansdown himself, Lansdown has also proven in the past that while patient he's not afraid to get rid of a manager,

He's gone on record to state he expects top 10 this season and wants to see us up sooner rather then later, he's also provided the infrastructure and budget (more then any past city manager has had),

If we are struggling by November he will be gone,

We've seen Lansdown sack Wilson Johnson Sr for not living up to SL's expectations and LJ will be no different 

Can you please clarify where Steve Lansdown said Johnson was '90 minutes from the sack'? 

Also can you please post where he 'expects top 10 this season' (I may have missed this)?

Factual evidence to back up the 'facts' would be great.

4 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Can you please clarify where Steve Lansdown said Johnson was '90 minutes from the sack'? 

Also can you please post where he 'expects top 10 this season' (I may have missed this)?

He said in interview earlier in season he expects an improvement on last season in terms of position in table.

I think there are three factors that are not really being considered on this thread.

1) Since 2000, every single Bristol City manager bar Steve Coppell has ultimately been sacked.

2) In all of those cases (as far as I can recall), the club said nothing publicly to hint they were thinking of making a change until the moment they acted.

3) The communication within the club is very likely to be different to the external communication.

Up until now, the board have supported LJ but I would not assume that support is infinite or unconditional. SL has been clear he wants a top ten finish. I think it very likely that, if LJ is not on course for that by the Autumn, he will no longer be at the club.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think there are three factors that are not really being considered on this thread.

1) Since 2000, every single Bristol City manager bar Steve Coppell has ultimately been sacked.

2) In all of those cases (as far as I can recall), the club said nothing publicly to hint they were thinking of making a change until the moment they acted.

3) The communication within the club is very likely to be different to the external communication.

Up until now, the board have supported LJ but I would not assume that support is infinite or unconditional. SL has been clear he wants a top ten finish. I think it very likely that, if LJ is not on course for that by the Autumn, he will no longer be at the club.

SL did state publicly that LJ position was discussed during the bad run

12 minutes ago, RedJim said:

The top ten part:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-lansdown-bristol-citys-season-1864970

I was chatting to a directors employee yesterday who chats to him about city now and again and the director said he thought that if city struggle all season Johnson won't be going nowhere.I am the first to admit I don't like him but I don't want to see city struggle all season.I would rather they went on a 20match unbeaten run and I could be proved wrong but I can't see it

12 minutes ago, Londoner said:

SL did state publicly that LJ position was discussed during the bad run

Sure but - whilst I could be wrong - he said that after the event, once it was obvious we were staying up and LJ was staying in the job. I can't remember him ever publicly announcing a manager was under pressure during a bad run and it feels to me the management philosophy at the club - much as it tends to be with transfers where possible - is to keep internal discussions in-house and to be fairly cautious as to what is released to the public. Even if the club were furious about the performances against Bolton and Plymouth and starting to privately question whether they should have made a change over the summer - personally I doubt they are at that stage, yet -  I suspect the first we know about that would be an announcement that LJ had left the club...

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sure but - whilst I could be wrong - he said that after the event, once it was obvious we were staying up and LJ was staying in the job. I can't remember him ever publicly announcing a manager was under pressure during a bad run and it feels to me the management philosophy at the club - much as it tends to be with transfers where possible - is to keep internal discussions in-house and to be fairly cautious as to what is released to the public. Even if the club were furious about the performances against Bolton and Plymouth and starting to privately question whether they should have made a change over the summer - personally I doubt they are at that stage, yet -  I suspect the first we know about that would be an announcement that LJ had left the club...

They won't be having discussions now about lj future he is set in stone until we go on a bad run.

One things for sure if we don't get results the crowd will turn ala Rotherham and no doubt MA and SL won't stand for the negativity this time round.

Ultimately it's the fans that will dictate this time round. LJ has used up his lives I think everyone can see that.

He said it on radio bristol towards the end of the bad run not afterwards .

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

absolute horseshit,

Johnson was 90 mins away from being sacked 2 years ago,

If we are in a relegation battle come November johnson will be sacked

We play our 10th league game on Sept 28th. If we are still winless after that game, I'd expect him to go. November may be a pipe dream.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Archived