IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think once Diedhiou is back our style will become more potent. Be interesting to see who plays in the midfield four. Eliasson's new found ability from wide will be perfect for Diedhiou.

I hope you are correct, I do not have your faith.

We struggle to adapt to playing with Taylor, Wiemann or Eisa type strikers and last season, the temptation was to hit long hopeful balls for Diedhiou and holding the ball up is not his forte, our crossing was also woeful and in the first 2 games of the season it hasn't improved very much IMO, I hope Eliasson can be more involved that's down to LJ and again I don't have the greatest faith that when it comes to choice between Paterson or Eliasson, that Eliasson will get LJ's vote of confidence.

Our biggest problem is that we run out of ideas in and around the opponents box, because we lack creativity.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

At that level, if you buy twice as many players as you sell, your wage bill is going to be astronomical. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

depends where you sign the players from, if you buy twice as many proven players then yes but if you get rid of a big name earing 50k a week but sign 3 players earning 10k a week to replace them....

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

depends where you sign the players from, if you buy twice as many proven players then yes but if you get rid of a big name earing 50k a week but sign 3 players earning 10k a week to replace them.... 

You get relegated...!

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

You get relegated...!

Ashley has show in the past he doesn't care about that (its happened twice to him), as I said its all about making money for him, in fact they only time the purse strings seem to loosen at Newcastle is when they have been relegated 

26 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no some one like ashley will look at the cash generated from sales and money spent, he's a business man not a football man, turnover of players won't interest him one jot but money generated by the club will 

Relegation hurts him which is why he pays top dollar for a man like Benetez to try and stay up, then get back to the Prem, and then consolidate, all with a limited budget and a club that sells players.

LJ wouldn't make it on Rafa's coaching staff.

21 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Genuine question here as I can’t remember all the details about the end of all our previous managers’ tenures:

Is LJ actually getting some sort of special treatment from SL as my recollections of previous managers is that they were given a lot of time and backing and often seemed to stay longer than at other clubs/chairmen.

To me SL doesn’t sack managers at the drop of the hat and generally backs them (although as I said I can’t remember details of all the departments), so for me LJ has had/will have as long as any other manager has had or would have under SL.

He isn't getting special treatment, previous managers have been sacked when we are firmly entrenched in a relegation fight for a sustained period of time.

That hasn't been the case under LJ at any point. Even his first horrendous run didn't leave us in that state, though we were in a battle for a time, because the form before then had been playoff/top 10 level.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He isn't getting special treatment, previous managers have been sacked when we are firmly entrenched in a relegation fight for a sustained period of time.

That hasn't been the case under LJ at any point. Even his first horrendous run didn't leave us in that state, though we were in a battle for a time, because the form before then had been playoff/top 10 level.

apart from gary johnson who was never in a relegation battle through his entire time at ashton gate 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There was certainly a lot of discussions and grumbling of real discontent at ground

Not surprising, we've been served up 8 months and two transfer windows of dross. Opportunities missed, glaring deficiencies ignored. City fans and the club deserve better than this.

Archived